What's wrong with Triss Romance Scene

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, the expansions were announced a month or two before the game was released and our complaints could have been noticed, and I would guess already have at least a general idea of how things will be and the over-arching story line of them. and there's a good chance, that because of the fact that only now they hear about the Triss-relationship complaints it's too late for these expansions to be changed or altered other than some token appearance.

In my perfect world, if a Djinn will ask me for a wish regarding the witcher DLCs or expansions, I would say, a short-but-sweet DLC in Kovir, where it start with Triss & Geralt together, Ciri (Be it an empress, a witcher, or Avlach come instead) comes to visit and asks for help from both of them and they have a small quest, you could even end it with a sex scene for some more fan-service.

Point is - a DLC for the romance option be it Yen or Triss is not that far fetched idea, all we need to prove is that people want it

I'm not saying it is far fetched I'm saying I doubt it because romance is merely one part of The Witcher universe. I don't see them making a romance DLC but I don't disagree with you and it wouldn't be hard to get people to prove they want it.

About the expansion maybe you are right but even if nobody voiced these problems. The context of there relationship during TW3 shows that her not showing up in the expansion would again probably not make much sense baring some "reasons". Honestly as I said above she should be a really big deal. Among other things showing the relationship during main quests and even in subtle ways an comments like Yen in TW3.
We will just have to wait an see I guess.

@AdamSnow
Yes, I definitely think we should be heard from CDProjekt one way or another. I'm not really fond of petitions. Maybe a poll in the main Wild Hunt forum could do the trick ? But as mentioned before, maybe it's a bit too early since a lot of people have yet to finish the game. It might go unnoticed or not really taken seriously.

Maybe @GingerEffect who already answered in the beginning of this thread is still looking at it ? Could give us an answer as to if there's any plans for Triss in the future ?

I am looking, of course.

And I am also relaying information. If that will lead to anything...that remains to be seen. Obviously, the more people voice their opinion (in a constructive manner) about this, the more people here will listen.

Personally, I enjoyed the Triss romance a lot. I thought she and Geralt had, maybe not as many, but much more touching scenes. I remember for the first time getting to the
Vegelbud residence and seeing her tipsy. I also remember when I first had the scene at the harbor where you openly confess Geralt's feelings and she still walks away...only to return. And especially the moment they share at the Fountain when she confesses what her plans are.

Overall, yes, there may not be as much naked skin of Triss in the game. Maybe there are not as many quests with her involved. But the moments that are there I (again, personally, my humble opinion) touched me a lot more than the scenes with Yennefer.

Point is - a DLC for the romance option be it Yen or Triss is not that far fetched idea, all we need to prove is that people want it---

i hope it is but still ppl playing the game in a month i think they will be much much more the bugs and other stuff are minor compared to this in my opinion as the Op said ,

onl thingi woul like is more gothic 2 aproach as possible the random looting everything with no consequences unrealistic npc reaction, would be great if fixed partialy i know its not a sandbox game andi know how games like skyrim works technicaly i think it would be harder to do the 2 much harder like small..... games like gothic 2

Last edited:
I am looking, of course.

And I am also relaying information. If that will lead to anything...that remains to be seen. Obviously, the more people voice their opinion (in a constructive manner) about this, the more people here will listen.

Personally, I enjoyed the Triss romance a lot. I thought she and Geralt had, maybe not as many, but much more touching scenes. I remember for the first time getting to the
Vegelbud residence and seeing her tipsy. I also remember when I first had the scene at the harbor where you openly confess Geralt's feelings and she still walks away...only to return. And especially the moment they share at the Fountain when she confesses what her plans are.

Overall, yes, there may not be as much naked skin of Triss in the game. Maybe there are not as many quests with her involved. But the moments that are there I (again, personally, my humble opinion) touched me a lot more than the scenes with Yennefer.

that's what frustrated me the most! These scares and quite frankly detached from the main-story moment are all the more leaving something to be desired.

"I would leave you alone because you need it" (King of Begars)
"Love birds" (Rat infested Warehouse owner)
but when they talk, no mention to why they "don't want to go back to six months ago"
the fact that you can't talk to her about anything but the quest at hand and she doesn't interact with other main characters and there's no mention of their relationship aside Philipa and Emhyr at the very end

just make it harder to see how little she is involved in any aspect of the story, how every character assumes without a doubt that you chose Yen with dialogue like "why do you like her? [Yen]" "I don't know, probably because I never settled down" (AFTER I Finished Now or Never & said "I love you" to Triss)

I could go on, but if you really read everything you already know all of it, it is just disappointing.

Last edited:
I am looking, of course.

Thank you for commenting about this. I said earlier in this thread as you did I loved a lot of the Triss interaction like Vegelbuds. There is a point where it just makes no sense though. That point is after you confess you love her You talk about the future you will have together, and have sex. You both agree to meet in Kaer Morhen After though she disappears... At this point Triss is treated very poorly imo. You know not where or even how to contact her. You go to Kaer Morhen and she is not there yet. You have next to none interactions and scenes with her when she does return. I am just asking for much more Triss in the future and to weave the relationship naturally throughout the game with main quests, interactions, dialogue ect... I think Yen had this in the main game. I could go on but I will stop here. Thank you for an amazing game. Please give us more Triss!

Last edited:
You do realize that Triss is an established character (in the games) and Yennefer is new, right? We had to focus on her a lot more to introduce her to players who have no clue about who she is and what Geralt and Yennefer's story is. Fact still remains that she is a huge influence in his life and people needed to know why.

Additionally, throughout the majority of the game the choice is between Triss and Yennefer for the player (or both or neither). So we cannot really make assumptions before the endgame. We can however showcase the deep history between Yennefer and Geralt because it is written and accepted in the source material. Again, something that a lot of people would not understand if we didn't show and tell it to them.

But fear not, undoubtedly there will be mods eventually that further develop the romances. I am looking forward to those mods. :)

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

Thank you for commenting about this. I said earlier in this thread as you did I loved a lot of the Triss interaction like Vegelbuds. There is a point where it just makes no sense though. That point is after you confess you love he.r You talk about the future you will have together, and have sex. You both agree to meet in Kaer Morhen After though she disappears... At this point Triss is treated very poorly imo. You know not where or even how to contact her. You go to Kaer Morhen and she is not there yet. You have next to none interactions and scenes with her when she does return. I am just asking for much more Triss in the future and to weave the relationship naturally throughout the game with main quests, interactions, dialogue ect... I think Yen had this in the main game. I could go on but I will stop here. Thank you for an amazing game. Please give us more Triss!

There is more interaction with Triss through Part 3, especially in Novigrad.

As for the additional Yen content...refer to my post just above.

You do realize that Triss is an established character (in the games) and Yennefer is new, right? We had to focus on her a lot more to introduce her to players who have no clue about who she is and what Geralt and Yennefer's story is. Fact still remains that she is a huge influence in his life and people needed to know why.

Additionally, throughout the majority of the game the choice is between Triss and Yennefer for the player (or both or neither). So we cannot really make assumptions before the endgame. We can however showcase the deep history between Yennefer and Geralt because it is written and accepted in the source material. Again, something that a lot of people would not understand if we didn't show and tell it to them.

But fear not, undoubtedly there will be mods eventually that further develop the romances. I am looking forward to those mods. :)

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

There is more interaction with Triss through Part 3, especially in Novigrad.

As for the additional Yen content...refer to my post just above.

I understand what you are saying. I really hope though that we get more Triss in the future and can really see there relationship like you did with Yen as I think that is a very smart way to show a relationship while still focusing on a quest ect... I play on PS4 so mods are out of the question for me.

Last edited:
@GingerEffect
Thank you for thanking the time to answer our questions, but could you please also address these questions:
The sword of destiny previews a sex scene which I didn't find in game, was it just for the benefit of the trailer or is it there and I wasn't looking hard enough?
Why she disappear after saying she goes to Kaer Mohren?
But fear not, undoubtedly there will be mods eventually that further develop the romances. I am looking forward to those mods.
seem to say it all about my probably very much a wild-dream of a Romance-DLC, or am I reading it wrong?

Last edited:
I am looking, of course.

GingerEffect: thanks for your reply , my opinion is yes its more like a romance then just some scenes as you mention compared to 2 , its just the overal quality and length and realism... of w2 triss scenes was much better less romantic ofc problem is not only that

but basicly as the op said there such a amazing world so big and while most are things like exloring tresure hunt are

great
the >spicy ecounters <
with dryads vamps succubus ( a nigth to be remembered for example)
and other are seriusly lacking ( and would be much more like the books more immersing and add a aditional interest you can say its witcher world after all we play as gerald
its not skyrim where you can play anything woman or man or creature etc

the already existing ones in my opinion are prety bad for cdproject too few for such big game (and repetive and one body model )if it was bioware it would be no surprice.... no offence really..

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer Ginger ! =)

And as AdamSnow stated, this is also what frustrate me the most right now. I have to agree with you, I was really touched by the end of the Novigrad storyline involving Triss. But that is precisely why I would have loved to see something else with her between that and the epilogue. Some reaction of Yen, some lines between her, Triss and Geralt. Something that take into account the choice we made. You (as, the RED team) made a truly awesome job at making us feel our decisions have consequences in pretty much every side quest in the game and I cannot praise you enough for it. But when it comes to the romance part of the storyline, I just don't feel those consequences.

And the most frustrating part of all for me is that there is actually a very few things that made me think our choice would matter, like the look Triss gives to Yen kissing Geralt after he brings Ciri back, or the "threesome" that happens if you cannot choose between the two. The thing is that if you actually choose one... Well, pretty much nothing happens.

Then again, I'd just want to add that besides that, the game is pure greatness.

@GingerEffect
Thank you for thanking the time to answer our question, but could you please also address these questions:
The sword of destiny previews a sex scene which I didn't find in game, was it just for the benefit of the trailer or is it there and I wasn't looking hard enough?
Why she disappear after saying she goes to Kaer Mohren?
seem to say it all about my probably very much a wild-dream of a Romance-DLC, or am I reading it wrong?

The Sword of Destiny Trailer featured a brief glimpse at one mo-capped scene. As you may have noticed, this scene is now used by other actors as well. Triss's scene meanwhile remains unique. I am sorry if you did not enjoy it.

Why is she not at Kaer Morhen? She probably has other things to do as well. It's not like she owes you an explanation. She's still an independent woman after all. Maybe she still has things to take care of in Kovir?

As for my comment, I am not excluding any possibilities, but at this stage I simply can't say anythign else.

it would be better to have removed the brothel scenes (since they are far worst then 2 anyway

( and all of those and focus more scenes and interactions for main characters in w2 you have created a great body model for triss , now its unrealistic all use the same i mean i would have been ok if there were only triss ( face changed to the worst and the tanned skin was removed too) and yen in the game

The Sword of Destiny Trailer featured a brief glimpse at one mo-capped scene. As you may have noticed, this scene is now used by other actors as well. Triss's scene meanwhile remains unique. I am sorry if you did not enjoy it.

Why is she not at Kaer Morhen? She probably has other things to do as well. It's not like she owes you an explanation. She's still an independent woman after all. Maybe she still has things to take care of in Kovir?

As for my comment, I am not excluding any possibilities, but at this stage I simply can't say anythign else.

Thanks for the reply. I did enjoy the scene at the light house, quite funny to be honest them on the boat trying to figure out the "message", I was asking because it almost feels like content was cut.

It's not like she owes you an explanation.
I didn't mean to offend you. I said it a lot of times before, this game shows Dragon age: Inquisition how hard it failed by making every quest feel unique and meaningful. The problem start as @shaedhen just stated, romance-wise there's a lot left to be desired.

I don't need a GPS tracker, all I asked is consistency, and obviously the game is already out and going back is not an option, so I'm just left to hope for the future content.

Thanks for the reply. I did enjoy the scene at the light house, quite funny to be honest them on the boat trying to figure out the "message", I was asking because it almost feels like content was cut.

I didn't mean to offend you. I said it a lot of times before, this game shows Dragon age: Inquisition how hard it failed by making every quest feel unique and meaningful. The problem start as @shaedhen just stated, romance-wise there's a lot left to be desired.

I don't need a GPS tracker, all I asked is consistency, and obviously the game is already out and going back is not an option, so I'm just left to hope for the future content.

It was also not meant as an insult about that she does not owe you an explanation. But this is exactly my point. She says she will see you at Kaer Morhen (and she will be there) but she is her own person, so if she doesn't show up right away, she may have other things to do first. Just my take on explaining it. :)

I am glad you are enjoying the game. I am sorry you feel you were short-changed in terms of romances. I don't know if something will be added as that is not up to me to decide, but I just wanted to share my view and a bit of an explanation on the issue.

Thank you for answering all these questions and understanding what we are saying. Even if it is hard to say correctly sometimes like my blunder of not specifying what I went by interactions after she returns to Kaer Morhen.
There is a good reason the fans love and respect you so. :cheers:

Last edited:
You do realize that Triss is an established character (in the games) and Yennefer is new, right? We had to focus on her a lot more to introduce her to players who have no clue about who she is and what Geralt and Yennefer's story is.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is with you on that. The fact however remains that, after (guess i'll put it in a spoiler tag ;))
you tell Triss you love her, she barely gets any face time - she simply disappears. The first time you can really converse with her again, is in the 'find Phillipa quest' and that's pretty much all business. She has virtually no content besides that. You can find her in a room in Dandelion's brothel/inn, but she doesn't really do/say anything.
Adding to that, she barely has any banter/conversations/interactions with other characters - especially Ciri/Yen. While Yen on the other hand has many, many interactions with Ciri and Geralt+Ciri. Isn't Triss suppose to be BFF's with Yen and be like Ciri's big sister? Moreover, when Yen kisses Geralt in front of Triss, she barely even react, let alone talk to Geralt about it.
So when Phillipa talk about their unhealthy 4 people dynamic, I felt somewhat sour and felt Triss deserved more. We had seen a lot of interactions between Yen, Ciri, Geralt and any combination thereof (which was great btw), but nearly no interactions between Triss and Ciri/Yen.

So in short: our problem is not that Yen gets more face time, it's that Triss gets too little(it is not a comparative problem). There also are holes in her story, her interactions are very minimal and less complex (don't tie into the main story and/or into other characters).
I guess there are also some people that are disappointed with the sex scene, but I feel that's a minority. Besides, you set yourselves up for a disappointment here with the great elven bath scene from TW2 ;).

But I guess pretty much everything has been said in earlier posts in this topic, and I have no doubt we'll sum up all our 'grievances' at some point. ;)

I'm pretty sure everyone here is with you on that. The fact however remains that, after (guess i'll put it in a spoiler tag ;))
you tell Triss you love her, she barely gets any face time - she simply disappears. The first time you can really converse with her again, is in the 'find Phillipa quest' and that's pretty much all business. She has virtually no content besides that. You can find her in a room in Dandelion's brothel/inn, but she doesn't really do/say anything.
Adding to that, she barely has any banter/conversations/interactions with other characters - especially Ciri/Yen. While Yen on the other hand has many, many interactions with Ciri and Geralt+Ciri. Isn't Triss suppose to be BFF's with Yen and be like Ciri's big sister? Moreover, when Yen kisses Geralt in front of Triss, she barely even react, let alone talk to Geralt about it.
So when Phillipa talk about their unhealthy 4 people dynamic, I felt somewhat sour and felt Triss deserved more. We had seen a lot of interactions between Yen, Ciri, Geralt and any combination thereof (which was great btw), but nearly no interactions between Triss and Ciri/Yen.

So in short: our problem is not that Yen gets more face time, it's that Triss gets too little(it is not a comparative problem). There also are holes in her story, her interactions are very minimal and less complex (don't tie into the main story and/or into other characters).
I guess there are also some people that are disappointed with the sex scene, but I feel that's a minority. Besides, you set yourselves up for a disappointment here with the great elven bath scene from TW2 ;).

But I guess pretty much everything has been said in earlier posts in this topic, and I have no doubt we'll sum up all our 'grievances' at some point. ;)

Well said... We should probably get to summing up those grievances some time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom