What's Your Age?

+

What's Your Age?

• Total voters
Don't anger them. They will force feed you to death.

21 here. Unfortunately, in February 24th I turn 22 now but only because of the delay, IF the game had been released then, the stars would align as an ancient prophecy said it will, and I would acquire total immortality, along with The Witcher 3 copy of the game, thus bringing an end to my counting of "age" as mere mortals do.

But universe had other plans, now the plan is just to drink myself and my friends silly in order to forget about a missed chance! Cheers to everyone who's birthday is today too! :cheers2:

I'm 32. Apparently this is the age where everyone has decided to refer to me as "young man". I'm not sure if they're mocking me or if 32 is the new 22?

40 going on 25, and for the first time in my life seriously considering retirement since my profession - computer security - has lost all integrity this year, or so I can't help but feel. I used to enjoy the constant challenge of the digital arms race, it felt like a positive contribution to something good, but the nefarious behaviour of numerous countries security services, the continued data - "everyones quantifiable" / "done nothing wrong, you've nothing to fear" - hardons of tech-ignorant politicians, and business general apathy towards privacy, has really taken the heart out of it.

I hear the mountains calling ;)

@Aes Sídhe Don't give up. You are figthing the good fight! And remember the masses are dumb and know nothing. It takes visionaries. ;)

Thanks mate, actually these days its more like just cleaning up the mess others make. Its become all forensic work now, after the damage is done, thats the level of concern most companies have for proper security, and on a personal level its tedious. Och I'm not going to derail this thread with my own little problem, or even try to deeply describe what this worrying situation looks like from my perspective (which while informed would still be limited), but Sir Tim Berners-Lee has been pushing for an internet bill of rights for years now, and its something we seriously need, but no ones listening. They just released some research & stats of trends that should have us all concerned.

Time to move to the Scandies? ;)

Top Bottom