What’s your current favorite weapon in the game?

+

Guest 4531988

On paper only. Because you entirely forget that all overkill damage - is a waste. An enemy with some 10k - many goons are even weaker - will be dropped just as well by both 10k and 200k bullet. In practice, Labe allows to drop 'em like flies even mid-game, due to rate of fire, low recoil and big clip. While Overture kicks like a mule and only takes scopes with way less zoom, both of which also much reduce one's ability to actually deliver fatal damage to maximum number of targets as quickly as one can.

And when there is no hurry (which is most of the time), once stealth headshots become usually insta kills from Labe - it's much closer to a revolver, but still better: more zoom still makes Labe more convinient, plus you'll never have to switch to another weapon whenever some enemies spawn / come, suddenly, to point-blank range, since Labe is great "panic button" weapon as well.

Why don't you just try it, man. I was much pleasantly surprised after i did - chances are, you also will be. With a rifle build, i recon after level 20 Ajax already gets enough kick to be better than revolvers. With non-rifle build, probably after 30 or so. Doesn't have to be Labe, too - any blue / purple Ajax with damage close to V's current level will do very well.

P.S. Oh, and i don't "need" Labe, yes; nor Overture for that matter. Can do just fine without. However, few extra perks outta handguns and rifles to 8 (which is how much Reflexes i got, doing Body 3 as a matter of principle) - is better than nothing. And you get nothing after quickhacking 20, in terms of perks for combat-skill experience.

I noted that in there.

"The damage output is still lower, regardless if you 1 shot them or not. "

"You are talking about a 43k headshot, while Spiffing Brit in the twenties was pulling 240K + headshots. Redundant yes, but you can't match that you can't even try to. "

Effectiveness-wise, there is no reason to not be a netrunner due to leashing of enemies.

Body 16 Burn Baby Burn works with Overheat (double duration)
Cool just increases Crit damage as you level it. Several perks in the Cool tree isn't working with Poison.

What is hilarious is that Ricochet Build (one they advertised) doesn't work, and is extremely deep in 2 different trees.
There is literally only one LMG
Smart Weapons are excessively strong (in one shotting as every weapon nearly does endgame) for minor investment compared to Ricochet.
Enemies have no idea/abliity how to deal with Smart weapons, Hacks, Tech Weapons, or long range weapons/piercing weapons.

The game is borked all out of hell. It wasn't finished and the guns really don't matter whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noted that in there.

"The damage output is still lower, regardless if you 1 shot them or not. "

"You are talking about a 43k headshot, while Spiffing Brit in the twenties was pulling 240K + headshots. Redundant yes, but you can't match that you can't even try to. "

Effectiveness-wise, there is no reason to not be a netrunner due to leashing of enemies.

Body 16 Burn Baby Burn works with Overheat (double duration)
Cool just increases Crit damage as you level it. Several perks in the Cool tree isn't working with Poison.
43k and 240k are displayed numbers only as long as both are overkills. Actual damage taken by the target will be lower in both cases. As will be "damage output". And both cases will be exactly matched, equal damage done per shot / hit. Vast majority of targets, given above mentioned circumstances (i.e. high enough level / perks) are indeed of this kind - which is what i guessed you "forgot". Might be wrong.

In terms of effectiveness late-game, netrunner is not the best, i think. Rather, proper melee build is: max armor, max body / defenses, max reflexes, quadro immunities from cold blood tree, lots of mobility and fast melee weapon. Assuming looting / checking loot is desirable, that is, which is being done right then and there as each target is dealt with. Not wasting any time to daemons and navigating quickhacks, just slashing through and through. Though quite boring, i recon, once it gets to practically invincible state (late game).

As for double overheat duration, it's seriously not needed: the only targets which survive full (not doubled) duration of my Overheat - are bosses, but for most of them - they manage to survive one Overheat only if i don't Electrocute 'em while at it (with lots of -cooldown and -RAM cost, can spam lots of short-base-cooldown Electrocutes during single Overheat). Which i usually do, so usually they don't live long enough for double-duration Overheat to be worth whole 13 extra stat points spent. I don't even use +duration deck, instead going with +damage +RAM regen +AoE combat hacks +spread range deck (mk5). With Contagion on top, and some 30k...50k instant damage crit hits outta Elecrocute, Overheat is merely backup for extra stuggering on bosses, taking out some remote sniper while Electrocute is momentarily on cooldown, etc.

In other words, Electrocute is much higher single-target DPS than Overheat late-game, and Contagion is much better (times wider) AoE than Overheat, and double duration for Overheat changes neither. This and all the above is on very hard, too, if you wonder.

Appended: high Cool stat reduces detection range, and massively so - which i find quite convinient. Further, both stealth and cold blood trees have solid defensive perks, and some offensive perks (for a netrunner) in "teen" levels of the stat. And the way cold blood mechanic is implemented, it really gets lots more powerful when much invested into. For example, the perk from cold blood which reduces quickhack cooldowns by "just" 6% - becomes 30% at 5 stacks, and with the perk which grants stacks outta crits, it's 5 stacks in no time. But both having 5 stacks max and crits instantly giving them - is much investment into Cool to unlock those perks.

Last edited:
one could believe in an off topic; I do not think so.

the iconic 'Satori' class Katana, I found it during my first game. when fleeing the scene, curious by nature, I searched the penthouse, I searched the corpse, climbed the stairs, despite the incessant replies ordering me to flee. arriving on the top of the building I kill two guards and find; the satori saber. obviously in my opinion, a weapon, just a weapon.
well, how many videos are there on the net to pick up a weapon available from the start?
curiosity is a bad thing, I know something about it, but don't hesitate to search everywhere, everywhere...

Guest 4531988

43k and 240k are displayed numbers only as long as both are overkills. Actual damage taken by the target will be lower in both cases. As will be "damage output". And both cases will be exactly matched, equal damage done per shot / hit. Vast majority of targets, given above mentioned circumstances (i.e. high enough level / perks) are indeed of this kind - which is what i guessed you "forgot". Might be wrong.

In terms of effectiveness late-game, netrunner is not the best, i think. Rather, proper melee build is: max armor, max body / defenses, max reflexes, quadro immunities from cold blood tree, lots of mobility and fast melee weapon. Assuming looting / checking loot is desirable, that is, which is being done right then and there as each target is dealt with. Not wasting any time to daemons and navigating quickhacks, just slashing through and through. Though quite boring, i recon, once it gets to practically invincible state (late game).

As for double overheat duration, it's seriously not needed: the only targets which survive full (not doubled) duration of my Overheat - are bosses, but for most of them - they manage to survive one Overheat only if i don't Electrocute 'em while at it (with lots of -cooldown and -RAM cost, can spam lots of short-base-cooldown Electrocutes during single Overheat). Which i usually do, so usually they don't live long enough for double-duration Overheat to be worth whole 13 extra stat points spent. I don't even use +duration deck, instead going with +damage +RAM regen +AoE combat hacks +spread range deck (mk5). With Contagion on top, and some 30k...50k instant damage crit hits outta Elecrocute, Overheat is merely backup for extra stuggering on bosses, taking out some remote sniper while Electrocute is momentarily on cooldown, etc.

In other words, Electrocute is much higher single-target DPS than Overheat late-game, and Contagion is much better (times wider) AoE than Overheat, and double duration for Overheat changes neither. This and all the above is on very hard, too, if you wonder.

Appended: high Cool stat reduces detection range, and massively so - which i find quite convinient. Further, both stealth and cold blood trees have solid defensive perks, and some offensive perks (for a netrunner) in "teen" levels of the stat. And the way cold blood mechanic is implemented, it really gets lots more powerful when much invested into. For example, the perk from cold blood which reduces quickhack cooldowns by "just" 6% - becomes 30% at 5 stacks, and with the perk which grants stacks outta crits, it's 5 stacks in no time. But both having 5 stacks max and crits instantly giving them - is much investment into Cool to unlock those perks.

I noted they are display numbers and don't matter. You were the one that used "High Dps". There is no point to DPS in this game (mid to late) and relative to what the number can be displayed it isn't "high".

Melee gets one shotted from the barrels (They are hardcoded to kill you. No damage just instant death)

Max Armor is achieved by Blades (due to perk bug) or Tech Weapons. (note you need be electrocuted, and have inductor)

Fast Melee weapons don't get the benefit from Perks that increase weapon speed as they are too fast.

Combat at times of times just slows down missions, and you didn't need to kill anyone. (For Example the Maelstrom Initiation gig in Watson, you can jump in a window distract or subdue a single guard download the data and be out in under 10 seconds.)

Also due to Daisy Chain being broken... 1 talent reduces the cooldown to (not By) 10% two perk points makes it worse and 3 makes it even worse than 2 currently. Quickhack cooldown don't even matter. Frosty Synapses is a waste due to that bug.

"Daisy Chain: "Eliminating a target affected by a quick-hack reduces the existing cooldowns for all other active quickhacks by 10%."

• Overworking
    • Still reduces CD to and not by the described percent"

Last edited by a moderator:
In no particular order:
Overture - easy to get early game
DR5 Nova - crazy crit chance and damage
Psalm 11:6 - easy to get, you get 10% increased base chance to burn which makes it very strong early game. If you add that 5% increased chance for status effect it slaps.
Fenrir - SMG ver of Psalm 11:6, only slightly worse cuz of higher recoil but its free (still 10% increased burn chance base).
Buzzsaw - Automatic tech weapon that you don't have to charge? Yes please.
DR12 Quasar - If you go into Engineering tree it can be pretty ridiculus. And its a revolver so it benefits from all Handgun perks which makes it even more ridiculus.
Dvidied We Stand - IMHO best smart weapon in the game. Targets 5 ppl at the same time and you get it for very easy quest.
Ashura - smart sniper rifle means free headshots. Yes please.

Monowire Monowire Monowire Monowire
What, you consider it fun? Is that it? Dismemberment?

Well if so, then it ain't monowire still. It is, then, the Hammer - mighty revolver atomic friend of any cyberpunk who's appreciating art in what they do. To show you, my friend, i even made a shot with said revolver. I made one, single, shot. To show you the truth. See yourself, comrad. :)

CH_shot.jpg

CH_consequences.jpg

Yes, I crafted it first playthrough. I've used tons of weapons. Right NOW my favorite is the Monowire for this playthrough.

Everybody gets caught up in epeenitis and MY best of is better then YOUR best of. Just like grinding pictures of YOUR V into the ground.

There is no ONE THING in this game. There is everything. A ton to play with and try in different manners.

Best game I've played in a hell of a long time.

I'm coming near to the end of my first playthrough now and because my character is based off my GTA Online character and playstyle, I leaned more towards stealth-ops gunplay, which turned out very overpowered (I shouldn't be surprised really; stealth assault tactics got me 6.5 KDR on GTAO), even on very hard difficulty (I grinded for level 50 before the heist, so played most of the game with 18 cool, 18 tech, 16 assault, 9 body and 9 intelligence), heh

Two weapons for Valerie here; Overture revolver and Shigure SMG.

Valerie has the crafting recipe for epic quality overture, so she takes those and opts for the ones with +40% crit chance (Upgrades to +50%), +90.1% critical damage (upgrades to +100%), 5x headshot damage multiplier, (6x after first equip, which upgrades to 7.3x when an XC-10 Alecto is added), add on two epic crunch mods as well, hold off on the scope for the full old school effect. This Overture regularly puts out 310k damage on a critical headshot :p Massive overkill, I know, but it gets the job done about 300 times over, heh

(DPS has a visual bug though ':/)

Shigure SMG is her "signature" weapon though. At level 50, there are some epic quality ones that repeatedly drop from a scav in a shootout in Pacifica with the animals. I farmed the particular enemy for the ones with +90.1% (upgrades to +100%) critical damage and 2.35x headshot damage multiplier, which upgrades to 2.85 after the first equip (Valerie keeps one with each damage type, with 6% additional negative status effect chance). Valerie upgrades them all with an XC-10 Alecto (upgrades headshot damage multiplier to 3.85x), countermass mod and epic crunch mod, to restore some of the damage lost from attaching the suppressor.

Shigure SMG regularly deals 45k damage on a critical headshot and 10k on an ordinary headshot ;)

Haven't played in months now so forgot it's name, the Sword you get from the Heist rooftop, from the AV.

Guns are super boring in this game, mainly because the AI is so stupid. Oneshotting everything gets really boring really fast.

Comrades Hammer...that thing is a one-hit killer when maxed out and a quick charge kills through walls. I can see so.w of these being nerfed down the road...its pretty ridiculous to come to a group of thugs behind a vehicle and to explode them with a single shot before they knew what happened.

Well, Legendary Widow Maker, Moron Labe(Legendary without mods), Katana over Matis blades because Mantis Blades feel lackluster less effective, would not mind if it would have also more finishers!

I also like it personal.
Satori it is.

But for my secondary weapons, when I want to rest running between all, I choose Ashura.
I take the "Divided We Stand" only for the cameras... ;)

Comrades Hammer...that thing is a one-hit killer when maxed out and a quick charge kills through walls. I can see so.w of these being nerfed down the road...its pretty ridiculous to come to a group of thugs behind a vehicle and to explode them with a single shot before they knew what happened.

Why would weapons be nerfed when you can empty an entire building by pressing 1 button after you hit level 14 with hacking (skill level 20, make legendary plague)?

I had always thought that brining a knife to a gun fight was ridiculous. So I hated when games mixed Swords and Guns.

But I have changed my tune using The Satori Katana and the cyber aided side to side dodging! To me it now seems reasonable to use a sword against a gunman when you can "phase" dodge and run up or jump pounce onto the opponent desperately trying to get a shot to land on you!

I guess what I really hated was what a cliché bullet sponge the sword wielder had to be in most other games to make a blade viable in a gun fight.

Now it is more a believable game of "can he hit me once in time to kill me or will I sidestep his 3 shots and slice his head off"?

It is the SAME feeling as when I was in RL western style martial arts and a crossbow man was trying to hit me as I sidewind like a crazy ballerina to get to his soft squishy body with my bastard sword! :p
Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Silenced Nua is pretty great for those stealth headshots, with time slowing Cyberware you can even do 2 or 3 enemies in group without raising alarm

The Overwatch for sure. Upgraded it to gold and it's my favorite sniper in the game.
One shot kills just about every enemy besides bosses.

Last edited:
I'm just amazed that so few people have said Overwatch.

Most weapons in the game have very short effective range. You can sit up on a high point with Overwatch at 300 metres or thereabouts, in plain sight of your enemies, and just pick them off one by one by one, one shot, one kill, while they blaze away at you with everything they've got -- and you take no damage.
From on high.png
Overwatch.png
Insight.png
Out of a clear blue sky.png

Top Bottom