What's Your Favorite Playstyle?

+
For me, the first run was the most different.
Normal, when you don't know and discover the game, you want to test everything. It's often not a very wise idea because you are average in everything and really good nowhere.

So for the other runs, it's mostly handguns (light & versatile), Netrunner "Bartmoss Legacy" and all Cyberwares as possible. With over time, a stealthy approach more and more. It gives the impression of less "rush" the game. (I never play a "Body" build).
- All handguns with silencer (oveture at the start and after with good clothe mods and Legendary Short Circuit (for his passive ability), mostly a Lexington. And an additional tech weapon (Quasar or M-76E Omaha for risky situation or stealth's fail).
- For Quick Hacks, mostly optic rebbot. The best stealth's friend.
- The other weapons only for gain perk points (katana, assault rifles,...)
- Mantis Blade only for the look and Gorilla arms only during "Beat on the brat".

And now, I try in every quests/GIGs to not use any weapons at all and only use my hands for takedown all the enemies without been detected (pretty fun).

I only use quickhacks, the Overwatch sniper, and sometimes the katana.
Contagion, cyberpsychosis, detonate grenade, and suicide quickhacks are super OP.

So pretty much like being stealthy and taking out enemies with quickhacks 90% of the time.

My playstyle is essentially the same in all games like this, and of the sci-fi verity...

Mainly long-ranged sniping, silenced/suppressed if possible, with what ever weapon I might have at hand that works well for that (sniper rifles and assault rifles is my favorits, but I will snipe with a pistol if I have to). So one shot one kill type of thing as much as possible. I only go full auto with weapons if all hell breaks loose... if not, then it's all one bullet headshots when possible, or hand-to-hand takedowns if needed (for the games where that is possible at least).

I also tend to sneak everywhere when around combat and mission, so stealth skills gets used a lot if they are available. Which of course helps my sniping a lot. Heck I tend to "sneak" around in games where sneaking is not even really a thing (as in there is no sneak mechanics, and if you sneak the enemy will still see you 100% of the time). XD

And I often tend to also have high skill level for skills which helps you pick locks, be it for doors and windows and similar things, or for containers etc to get that sweet sweet loot. XD

So in general, I take my time in all things. If I am about to attack a place, I will (if possible) spend time on checking the place out to see where most of the enemies are, their nature and tendencies (do they stand still, walk around, how often do they cross path with other enemies, etc). And as I am doing that I am formulating a plan of attack, in which order to take them all out one by one as silently and unnoticed as possible.

If I am unable to check the place out beforehand (like if the entire thing takes place inside a building with no wide open spaces), then I will be constantly in sneaking mode (which I would be anyway if I was able to check the place out on beforehand), take my time moving around and keeping an eye out for any complications. If I come across an enemy, I will check if there are others. If there are none close enough to see or hear, then I take the one I saw out (hiding the body if possible). If there are others, then I observe and formulate a plan to take them all out as silently and unseen as possible. Rinse and repeat.

This tendency is so strong in me, that I would much rather spend an hour doing it this way, then run and gun my way through the entire thing in less then a handful of minutes. "Run and gun" is just plain and simply not fun for me... and right down to it I find run and gun to be an utterly boring way to handle a mission/quest. The only times I might run and gun is if all hell has broken lose and it is the last possible option I have to deal with it.

The main difference in my playstyle between modern/sci-fi types of games, and fantasy and historically based games, is that in fantasy/historical games I tend to go melee instead of ranged combat.

Sci-Fi/Modern day = Soldier with heavy armor and assault/sniper rifles.
Fantasy/Historical = Knight/Warrior in heavy plate armor with a sword and shield.

So yes... this does mean I sneak around in heavy armor no matter what game it is... XD

"WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLAYSTYLE?"​

Grad and Ping, sneaking in with a Silenced Power Pistol, always drop them all, but always none-lethal. Ever since the first time I saw V taking a bullet to the brain, never liked doing the same to others.

Tried stealth. I did. But there's only that much patience one can possess.
So going all guns blazing, or a combo - this is the way <insert Mandalorian meme here>.

Favourite Hacks (so far):
- Cyberpsychosis
- Detonate Grenade
- Contagion

You just sit and enjoy the show for a while and then take out what's left.

Arms:
- Carnage (sometimes)
- Grenades (!)
- Those powerful pistols :love:
- gorilla arms

A character who's good at both stealth, and going in guns blazing when needed (or desired).

Hacks:
- Cyberpsychosis
- System Reset
- Detonate Grenade
- Suicide (for when things get real dicey)
*honorable mention: Overheat. I do like to see the flames :)*

Weapons:
- Comrade's Hammer
- Overwatch (thank you Panam, you're the best!)
- Jinchu-Maru Katana
- D5 Copperhead (massively upgraded)
- Frag Grenades and EMP Grenades

Cyberware:
- Gorilla Arms
- Reinforced Tendons

Vehicles:
- Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu"
- Just about any motorcycle

Sniper riffle, River's revolver and the best dam Katana in the game.

I love breaking up street gang crime; Snipe a few from above, drop down and run and gun a few with what is in the revolver, THEN do leaping attacks to give what remains the closest shave of the rest of their life (all 8 seconds of it). :p

I have way way WAY too many frag grenades' in inventory, I just do not feel right about tossing them around on the streets of Night City.

I love breaking up street gang crime; Snipe a few from above, drop down and run and gun a few with what is in the revolver, THEN do leaping attacks to give what remains the closest shave of the rest of their life (all 8 seconds of it).
Me too. Sometimes I feel like my V is essentially like Batman, driving around NC in her Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu" at night, looking for street gangs to kill...er, I mean...bring to justice.

Me too. Sometimes I feel like my V is essentially like Batman, driving around NC in her Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu" at night, looking for street gangs to kill...er, I mean...bring to justice.

I AM KAT-ANA MAN!

(yeah that is about the 12th time I used that stupid joke here, probably will not be the last.)

Last edited:
I made a knives/monowire stealth build. 20 in; 20 tech, 20 cool. I sneak around and assassinate. No need for guns if you never get caught and throwing knives with poison if you do. If I get detected I can run and hide and eventually they lose me and combat ends and rigged cyberpsycho with reset if the enemies are too group together. Either I am sneaking and breaking necks or sitting back and watching em kill themselves.

I love this game...

Katana.

A Very Hard playthrough with using nothing but Katana, no matter the situation, is the only fun way to play.

In the beginning, I was heavily relying on Quickhacking. Later on, I realized that it is way too easy (I'm playing on the Very Hard), so now I'm trying to avoid any Quickhacks (all but distracting enemies) for an extra challenge.

Then I switched to stealth kills with a silenced revolver, but that also is too easy because it takes an eternity for enemies to detect you even when you are directly in front of them.

Now I'm playing CP2077 in Doom-style: installed implants to do double-jumps, constantly moving and using an assault rifle, shotgun, and katana. Sometimes katana-only just for fun.

problem is... every weapon type will oneshot enemies on very hard if you reach mid lvl - you dont even need epic, legendary or iconics to do so - rare weapons are enough for everything around aside cyberpsychos and bosses. so the question of fav playstyle cant be based on the challange level at all... at least not until these days... maybe we will see a rebalancing next year...
Post automatically merged:

I made a knives/monowire stealth build. 20 in; 20 tech, 20 cool. I sneak around and assassinate. No need for guns if you never get caught and throwing knives with poison if you do. If I get detected I can run and hide and eventually they lose me and combat ends and rigged cyberpsycho with reset if the enemies are too group together. Either I am sneaking and breaking necks or sitting back and watching em kill themselves.

I love this game...

how can u call a 0 body char a monowire build? : o

Monowire gets it's damage from Cool. Don't need Body for Katanas either.
are you sure? back in the days when i played my monowire netrunner, damage scaled on Blunt and Street Brawler Perks. Have they changed that? Katana was always Reflexes why did u brought this up in regard of Monowire?

Last edited:
are you sure? back in the days when i played my monowire netrunner, damage scaled on Blunt and Street Brawler Perks. Have they changed that? Katana was always Reflexes why did u brought this up in regard of Monowire?

I meant that cool passively increases mono damage, as it says on the stat itself. Like Reflex does with mantis blades. You don't need body for it. Melee from body buffs it, just like it does with Blades, but it's complete overkill even on very hard. You're putting like 10 attribute points so you can 1 shot a tougher enemy instead of 2 shotting it.

Now, if you also want to be tankier and use shotguns and stuff, then that's a different story. But JUST for monowire? Pointless.

Last edited:
Yep monowire damages are increased by Cool, Mantis Blades by Reflexes and Gorilla arms by Body. Upgrading Body attribute is not useful if you search to increase Monowire damages :)

Cool
Each level of Cool (starting at level 3) will:
  • Increase Crit Damage by 2%
  • Increase all Resistances by 1%
  • Increase stealth damage by 10%
  • Reduce the speed at which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
  • Increase monowire damage by 3
Reflexes
In addition to increasing your overall movement speed, each level in Reflexes will:
  • Increase your passive Evasion from enemy attacks by 1%
  • Increase Crit Chance by 1%
  • Increase damage from Mantis Blades by 3
Body
In addition to allowing you to force open doors, each level of Body (starting from level 3) will:
  • Add 5 Health Points
  • Add 3 Stamina Points
  • Increase damage with fists and Gorilla Arms by 3
  • Increase damage with Melee Weapons by 1.5%
  • Decrease movement penalty by 6% while grabbing an enemy or wielding an HMG or Defender
  • Increase movement while grappling an enemy and enemy grapple duration by 5 sec

Yep monowire damages are increased by Cool, Mantis Blades by Reflexes and Gorilla arms by Body. Upgrading Body attribute is not useful if you search to increase Monowire damages :)

iits not about the passiive scaling its about the SB perks which work with monowire as well - you as biggest fan of the game should know that, no ?

Top Bottom