What's Your Game of the Year for 2013?

+
Can't decide between Metro:LL or Brothers: Tale of Two Sons.
Probably Metro. Shame that I couldn't play Last Of Us though.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Metro Last Light the most - i even buyed the season pass after i finished the story .. great game, and i think its the best FPS game i have ever played - better than HL2, BioShock, FEAR, .. then Call of Juarez Gunslinger was a great and a big suprise.. Shadow Warrior was too a great fun game.. Brothers: The Tale of Two Sons was a fantastic journey and adventure.. but yeah, Metro LL is my GOTY of 2013

I hate to say it, but... Papers Please.
<snip>

Don't hate to say it. Papers, Please is easily my favorite game of 2013 aswell.

It sound mindnumbingly boring when you explain that you need to inspect people's passports; check that they're not expired, see if the photo matches, check if the city is valid etc.

The real draw of the game is the story unfolding in front of you and the way the game changes you. You need to balance your workload and whether you'll detain people for a few quick bucks or believe them that they made a simple mistake and let them go.

<shamelessadvertising>
I expand on the game a bit more in this video I made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCjhWk2NsvY&list=PLxXzf4Fb3XLInlZE_P6S08j1zb7XVY79Y
</shamelessadvertising>

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!

It's really difficult to pick a GOTY for me.

In terms of visual design it has to be Bioshock Infinite, the game has a gorgeous visual design and a good plot.

When it comes to creative design approaches, I'm torn between Gone Home and The Stanley Parable as both games
positively surprised me by taking an entirely new approach to how a game should work and how to convey a story.

The most captivating story/character writing was found in The Last of Us, with Beyond: Two Souls coming in a close second.

And I'll probably will get a lot of hate for this, but GTA V was a bit of a letdown for me.
It improves on GTA IV but somehow I always felt that it's more of the same with a new coat of paint.

AC4: Black Flag at least introduced more new, major mechanics and took the game series to a new level.
That being said, I'm not a big AC fan but I agree that AC4 is easily the best entry of the series.

Top Bottom