What's Your Opinion of the Syndicate Faction? [Poll]

+

What's your opinion of the Syndicate faction?

• Total voters
The theme is interesting, but the faction is way too OP atm.
This, and the fact that there are different bugs that make the faction even stronger just left a bad taste to me. It's a shame since I had high expectations.
On the ladder everyone is just exploiting the OP cards and you just see the same decks. Annoying.
I hope the nerfs and the bug fixes are coming soon!

DRK3

Forum veteran
I havent played today and yesterday, but played an absurd amount on the first 2 days of Syndicate and its a shame to see how quickly the players "funnel" into the same leader, cards and strategies.

Also, Syndicate has lots of cards and interesting combos, its horrible that the OP cards and strategies like Freakshow, Bounties, Borsodi bros, Philippa, are all removal and control, i was hoping that at least this faction would help decrease removal in the meta, even if at the expense of some imbalance...

I deleted my earlier critique because I thought I might be making a knee jerk reaction... but after giving it a second shot I'm only further convinced that this addition is dreadful. Hopefully, this is either reworked or burned to the ground, I'm out. Good luck to you all.

New fraction killes all the blance.
Sistem with coins sounds interesting on first time.
But then you would see that it give too much advantage for all the sindicate cards.

Was it so nessesary to create new battle sistem? All Gwent decks and fractions have special tactics but mostly all the card are universal and have same species like "Order" "Placement" and others. But sindicate is not like them (and it's bad). You created new fraction with new sistem and introduce it into the sistem of all the game. I'm not game designer but I guess that it could be two events:
1) New sistem would be unplayeble
2) New sistem would be imbalance
You made imba

I can only hope that it would be fixed soon.

Well, just another disappointed casual here, wondering why they would release SY and create avoidable negativity. I understand it might take more time/work to create a better situation in which SY can be presented and received with enthusiasm by more players, but isn't that worth it? Players are leaving or being left with a bad taste in the mouth by something that should be great for the game. First impressions still have some weight, right?

I see they were advised to create more balance within existing factions before adding potentially problematic updates. That would have been nice to see. I was thinking of getting a feel for SY by playing against it instead of with it so, as someone who's only sat on the opposite end of the table, I can't comment much on it because I suppose it hasn't actually arrived yet. This is the strangest thing about the Novigrad Expansion . . . it's here, but it isn't?

#InTheLandOfTheBlindTheOneEyedBeggarIsKing #StillLookingForwardToNovigradExpansionWhat

The new faction made my meme card "Uma's Curse" so much weaker. I get really often one or two Syndicate Gold that do nothing if you don't play with SY. Today it gave me in one match 3 choices: Menge, Philippa and Syanna...great cards...its really sad that I played a Francesca deck :)

So whens the nerf? Its completely broken and unplayable. Netdeck SY at rank 23. 0 skill required. Too many broken golds. No counterplay. Endless value. Coins carry over turns (albeit at half value).

Unplayable game at this point except for SY. Better refund my scrap after crafting this stupid faction.

Who thought adding a full faction with 3+ unique mechanics to a game was a good idea. Fucking hell man. Gamedesign 0/10.

Drawing 3 cards each turn means you cant bleed round 2 because if they carry over any coins or draw a half decent coin generator they autowin off 1 coin spender. Literally draw one Borsodi instant win. Draw phillipa, instant win. Draw sigi --> instant win. Dont bleed --> save Menge ez round 3 autowin.

Like Menge is so broken - who made that card. The round you play him. You automatically win. Its ridiculous.

Absolutely stupid.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
It would appear there is more thought going into these replies than went into what the new system would do to the existing game. I can assume those that voted in favor of this are simply enjoying the train wreck?
How about separating the deck from the rest until you sort it out?

This faction in totally OP. Where were the testers????
I have a feeling some of the testers youtube community didn't give proper feedback after the ptr so they could release click baity videos such as "wow this combo is broken op" then they could make a video saying "what gwent can do to fix this" just my theory if not the ptr needs open to the actual ones of us left who play the game for fun and not so called influencers. As much as I can't stand the guys decks hire "drown" for a weekend to break the game before release then make changes according

DRK3

Forum veteran
Havent played ranked this season, but if they dont release a patch with nerfs mid-season, and wait for the monthly update, i guess it'll be a whole season skipped, im fine with that.

I enjoy the increased depth via coins a lot, but there are some issues which i will discuss in a new thread shortly :D

overall i love the expansion!

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just wanted to come here and share some cool pics of matches showing that Syndicate has a lot of interesting cards and strategies, that almost nobody is playing because everyone prefers OP and "good ol' removal"...

This is my junkies deck:
Junkie Alley.jpg

This is a sly seductress deck i did yesterday (got the idea from a great player i faced awhile ago):
Big Big Ladies.jpg

And this is a crime deck, based on putting as many cutup lackeys and bareknuckle brawlers, then use lots of crimes (nightmare to mulligan them all for R3):
Crimes vs Dagur GS (Beginning).jpg

Post automatically merged:

And here's two more. First, a fire"swarm" mirror match:
This is how you swarm.jpg

And this, i just found funny, the guys doing taxes under fire:
Finances under Fire.jpg

Attachments

• Big Big Ladies.jpg
    Big Big Ladies.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 115
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Just wanted to come here and share some cool pics of matches showing that Syndicate has a lot of interesting cards [...]

...interesting card, that being Igor. His friends are just along for the ride.

DRK3

Forum veteran
...interesting card, that being Igor. His friends are just along for the ride.

Yeah, i suppose Igor is the central key in these decks. He's kinda like Operator, but since his ability costs 5 coins/pts,, you need to think which bronzes are worth it. The upside is that that ability can be used as many times as you want.

Also helps having Adriano Mink for an extra seductress, and Whoreson Senior for 1/2 extra Cutup Lackeys, in those respective decks.

The only Syndicate set i dont think it works is the NG one, with Leumaerts and Courier, they dont do anything NG couldnt do before.

Let me explain. I was playing on Ranked and this thing happened...

Look these images. Super short final round. My opponent has only 3 cards in hand and literally 0 coins, I have 4 cards in my hand.

He starts the third round:

-First turn he uses Gudrun Bjornsdottir's ability and then he plays this, literally a 4 bronze card:

-Second turn he plays Bincy Blumerholdt + The Flying Redanian 17 pts. (26 points in total)

-And third round he plays Fence again... (4 provisions bronze card)

Points in total? 32... He had only 3 cards in hand and 2 of them were 4 provision bronzes. Easy win.

Wtf is this???

and by the way that's not all, because in other match I was playing a Demavend deck with Foltest's Pride, Bloody Baron, Prophet Lebioda, Thunderbolt potion, etc and you know what? exactly, Philippa is broken af*.

At least Vattier is fair, you can see him coming, he has Order and you must lock first the enemy unit. But Phillipa? Dude she stole my shielded Foltest's Pride with 7 strength, a lot of charges and in the same turn he removed all my units with my own card... seriusly... f* that.

This game is literally unplayable against those two factions.
(Yes, I'm talking about Skellige and Syndicate)

Please, do something about it.

Attachments

• 20190708_192128.jpg
    20190708_192128.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 20190708_192259.jpg
    20190708_192259.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 216
Top Bottom