What’s Your Opinion of Thronebreaker? [Spoilers]

+
Love the game, it's rich atmosphere and it amazing story. Specially fund of the artsyle and design of the game. Something special and beautiful!

In the end it was enjoyable, but I'd much rather have a build-in PvE mode for Gwent. Cards having different functions is not ideal, and I fear it'll be another year before we see another version. Immersive game too.

Unfortunately, when playing it at launch, the game was ruined by the lack of any difficulty, making any form of deckbuilding obsolete. Should be fixed by now, but that's too late.

Some sort of gauntlet mode, where you're facing different AI decks. I don't even want rewards for it. Is it such a foreign idea to be able to test decks? Literaly any card game has that (correct me if I'm wrong). I get they're trying to nudge players to compete online, but this just turns a small portion of players away from the game altogether. Oddly enough, a practice mode was present in the beta (though you had no control over opponent deck selection). They also had excellent temporary puzzle/PvE events during the year. But by all means, let's delete features to make the game better.

Hey Folks,
I just started playing Gwent and found the store. I was wondering if I should play the game for a little while before purchasing Thornbreaker, or is it OK to jump right in with a Starter Deck?

I was wondering if I should play the game for a little while before purchasing Thornbreaker, or is it OK to jump right in with a Starter Deck?

*Thronebreaker

Anyhow, Thronebreaker is a stand alone single player adventure with mechanics based on Gwent, but it's still quite different. So, I wouldn't recommend playing both at the same time. At least, not until you are familiar with one of the two. To answer your question. Yes, you can jump right in with the Starter Deck. Thronebreaker can wait.

Hey Folks,
I just started playing Gwent and found the store. I was wondering if I should play the game for a little while before purchasing Thornbreaker, or is it OK to jump right in with a Starter Deck?

What 4RM3D said.

Besides, Thronebreaker gives you a few cards for the multiplayer game. Therefore, purchasing it is not a bad idea, even if you decide to not start playing it right away.

I bought it soon after I started playing Gwent. Gotta admit, those premium golds pushed me into buying but the game is just amazing regardless. Playing it for the 2nd time as I type this.

I honestly adored Thronebreaker.

It was amazing to see Queen Meve's journey, perhaps especially because I was in the middle of reading the books. She's mentioned multiple times in them, and shows up in a few scenes: everything I knew of her fascinated me.

In the books it is mentioned she was presumed dead, and I loved seeing where, exactly, this rumor had come from. It was so much fun to see Geralt and Cahir, too. Not to mention how wonderful Reynard Odo's characterization was. He only comes up in the books once, but Thronebreaker managed to take what was maybe a few hundred words and craft an absolutely captivating character.

Thronebreaker's characters made a lasting impression on me. Gascon and Odo's dynamic was wonderful, complex, and at times even a bit bittersweet, and their interactions with Meve as the game neared its end were especially noteworthy. Gascon and Reynard remain a couple of my all-time favorite characters.

Meve, Odo, and Gascon all had one big thing in common: their conviction. No matter how it manifested, they were unmovable. I believe it is what endeared them to not only each other, but also the players. And it truly is something else to see so much humor between three people whose lives have been built by loss.

Well i definitely loved storytelling. Especially how it intersects with Geralt at some point and i think the best part is finally we have a storyline in book time. All the games were after the book. Gameplay is intriguing especially thanks to well designed puzzles.

Played on PS4. I enjoyed it enough to get the platinum trophy. It had an excellent story.

However, and it's a big HOWEVER:
1) the game was extremely poorly optimised, I was playing this on PS4 Pro, and it ran like a steaming turd in the later levels. Horrendous drops in frame rate, and waiting minutes between computer AI actions is unacceptable for what is essentially now a mobile card game!

2) The save system, was awful. If you are going to make the game save system iron man mode only, you better make sure there are no bugged unlocks. Having to restart a level and replay hours of the game with the afformentioned performance issues just to unlock a card in Gwent, again is unacceptable!

3) Again with the save system. The GUI of the chapters leads the user to believe they can replay old chapters safely. This is not the case. It should be made absolutely clear that there is only one instance of the game playable at a time. And that trying to replay an old chapter because of issue 2, will in fact overwrite all progress made in the game. Having to replay 14 hours of a game because of this in combination with issue 2 is unacceptable!

Overall, a great but deeply flawed game; I was shocked that the above weren't addressed before launch, let alone still unpatched when I came to play it one year after release.

A+ for story and art style
F for quality of life performance issues

Overall C+

I recently bought it and liked it. But it's a pity the cards have totally different abilities than the actual multiplayer ones. The cards in single player are way unbalanced so it's easy to abuse the comp.

In the end it was enjoyable, but I'd much rather have a build-in PvE mode for Gwent. Cards having different functions is not ideal, and I fear it'll be another year before we see another version. Immersive game too.

Unfortunately, when playing it at launch, the game was ruined by the lack of any difficulty, making any form of deckbuilding obsolete. Should be fixed by now, but that's too late.

Some sort of gauntlet mode, where you're facing different AI decks. I don't even want rewards for it. Is it such a foreign idea to be able to test decks? Literaly any card game has that (correct me if I'm wrong). I get they're trying to nudge players to compete online, but this just turns a small portion of players away from the game altogether. Oddly enough, a practice mode was present in the beta (though you had no control over opponent deck selection). They also had excellent temporary puzzle/PvE events during the year. But by all means, let's delete features to make the game better.

Well it's was still ridiculously easy when I played it on the highest difficulty a couple of months ago. Basically outside of the well designed puzzles, the battles were no challenge at all. Find the winning combination and cheese to the finale!

It's a shame really, as they obviously spent time on the opponent decks, but most games I didn't really have to care what cards the computer was playing, outside of the puzzles.

Fun game, free cards and a gifted game on steam? Now that's value! I would definitely recommend to new players.

This reads more like an advertisement than a post. It may be worth it, but it's not worth the money. The price should be 10 bucks, no more than that.

I liked the game but there is one thing that I don't understand
why didn't include Arabic language?
I mean if the wicher 3 had included Arabic and it is a huge game, why is it hard that throne breaker didn't include it,
I hope that Throne breaker or Gwent could have Arabic in there language stetting, be ahead of other card games.
I assure you middle east gaming community is not a small one.

Top Bottom