What’s Your Opinion of Thronebreaker? [Spoilers]

+
If you choose "Load game" instead of "Continue" at the main menu there is an option to return and replay a specific map. I personally replayed Mahakam because I lost 3 companions in that map :p

Really?? So I all is not lost and I can actually go back and get the ******* 6th chest in Angren? Thanks bro, you are awesome!

Btw how could you lose 3 companion? Barrel, Dragon, ST or start?
Post automatically merged:

I'm not finished the game yet, but I think you can manage it. Probably the ST side quest in mahakam the key.

Black Rayla does something that forces your hand, and Gabor Zigrin can go as well depending on your decisions. I never got Eyke, but I'm guessing he could be the other one if you let the dragon live.

Black Rayla does something that forces your hand, and Gabor Zigrin can go as well depending on your decisions. I never got Eyke, but I'm guessing he could be the other one if you let the dragon live.

The dragon may a trigger. Or Eyke do something similiar like Rayla. Btw you can keep Rayla, but than another char leave...

Look. What is she doing? Is she stupid? Why is she holding the hilt with both hands? How is she supposed to draw the sword like that? Why isn't she holding the scabbard with one hand and the hilt with the other? Is she stupid?
Untitled.png

Bad, bad first impression. "Queen". Queen of the stupids, maybe. And what is this "multiplayer" option anyways? Let me guess, it brings you to Gwent: Homecoming download page, since Gwent has now become Thronebreaker Online. Stupid I tell you.

P.S:
The background music after launching the game was copied from The Witcher 3! Why is there no original music for a new game?

Look. What is she doing? Is she stupid? Why is she holding the hilt with both hands? How is she supposed to draw the sword like that? Why isn't she holding the scabbard with one hand and the hilt with the other? Is she stupid?
View attachment 10982194

Bad, bad first impression. "Queen". Queen of the stupids, maybe. And what is this "multiplayer" option anyways? Let me guess, it brings you to Gwent: Homecoming download page, since Gwent has now become Thronebreaker Online. Stupid I tell you.

P.S:
The background music after launching the game was copied from The Witcher 3! Why is there no original music for a new game?
Meve holding the sword with two hands doesn't affect the game itself one bit I'm not sure why that is such a problem. I'm not a swordsman but can you really not draw a sword with two hands?

I don't know what soundtrack is played in the menu, since I am on Playstation and only just pre-ordered the game out of love for CDPR and the Witcher world, but reading that they used music from the Witcher 3 gets me excited. The music in that game was absolutely beautiful. So I don't mind that, after all they probably knew fans from Witcher 3 like myself would enjoy it, I highly doubt they were being lazy if that is what you are saying.

Don't worry the game has original music in it aswell and from what I read on Discord it's just as amazing. But you probably already know that by now.

View attachment 10982194

P.S:

The thread is about opinion on the game not about your first impression after seeing an art at the menu. *facepalm*

And the game has well over an hour of original soundtrack. Perhaps you would've been more informed if you didn't complain for the sake of complaining.

P.S: May I know why the left part of the image is so beautifully cropped? :3

Last edited:
The thread is about opinion on the game not about your first impression after seeing an art at the menu. *facepalm*

And the game has well over an hour of original soundtrack. Perhaps you would've been more informed if you didn't complain for the sake of complaining.

I'm not the one who placed the post in this thread! It has been merged into to it, for Christs sake! Take your complains to the censors.

sorry if this was discussed before, didn't find any info - but what about prince Stennis?
in Aedirn we meet Demavend, who begs for our help to his son, even if it's bastard, and never mentions he already has heir
screenwriters just didn't bother or it's like saskia\iorveth situation with cut content?

I'm still on the first map. So far it's great, excepting one thing:

I really hate that you can't really guess the effects of some dialogue choices. For example I didn't insist on Eyck joining me, but would never have guessed it also meant not helping him. So not only did I miss the manticore fight, I've let him fight it alone.

Almost considered starting over because of that.

Can I just add that I love it when Knickers eats the Elf and Onion Soup out your hand for a +20 bonus.
Yes, that was pretty funny. Who knew card disadvantage would be so good!
I personally never used the Soup card, but i remember him always eating the Mardroeme and strengthening for casual 20+ carryover.

I'm still on the first map. So far it's great, excepting one thing:

I really hate that you can't really guess the effects of some dialogue choices. For example I didn't insist on Eyck joining me, but would never have guessed it also meant not helping him. So not only did I miss the manticore fight, I've let him fight it alone.

Almost considered starting over because of that.

You can kill the manticore and force him to leave.
If you take the silver from the priestesses than he leave after the manticore fight. Or if you spare the Dragon he leave too

Btw anybody was able to keep all his companions until the end or at least 4-5 of them?

Last edited:
So apart from no manual saves meaning I'll have to replay maps once I finish my first game I have one pretty damning complaint. I finished the Angern with everything upgraded. I'm now rushing through Rivia not bothering to pick up supplies because I've more than I need. It's taken away some of the challenge now, I have all the buildable cards and a fully upgraded camp with two maps to go?

Other than that, it's two thumbs up from me.

My opinion

I liked it a lot. Maybe it was to easy, I won every battle in first try 8(except Garnicora and eap Dahy in Rivia castle. And for Garnicora I just changed Skellige cards for strays and then won in 1st try and for aep Dahy I chaned Manticore trophy,strays and Meve flail for scyntmen, Lyrian cavalary and Meve card that boost and then won on 1st try. That battle with aep Dahy destroyed removal and I was using card like slingers, bombers and Manticore trophy for entire game. And of course my boy Eyck but I never changed him, always in my deck. And I was winning with scores like 168-0. I'm not joking many times I ereased oponents board to 0 units.

Didn't liked Xavier's betrayal. probably the biggest bullsh... that made absolutlly no sense.

Didn't like the portrayel of Northern kings. Once again. No sings or mentions of Demavend as a brilliant millitary commander and tactician. More like I will go full retard I know nothing about war I'm staying in Aldersberg because my ho is in labor and we can't move her. On the other side Meve is this perfect,heroic, I will charge the enemy myself (and she does), North has won because of her type to a point it's sometimes just ridiculous. No mentions of how the war was going on, everyone wanted to surrender except Meve and North won because of Meve. Even Brenna is mentioned only once. So I wished for more lore accuracy.

And to be honest I expected that decision will matter more. And for endings we got just fate of Meve,Reynard,Gascon,Villem and how was Meve known to Nilfgaardinas. And something about elves.

But in general a really great game. For me 9.5 out of 10.

About companions. To the last battle I've only managed to keep Eyck (didn't know you could lose him, how could you lose him?) and Arnjolf. And Barnabas but he was useless never used him, just saved him from death. And of course Reynard and Gascon but they were canon right? Or was there a way to lose them before the last battle?

Also I was looking all over the interweb for a complete guide for Thronebreaker and I couldn't find any. I really want to know how, if any impact choices that I didn't make would have.

Last edited:
My opinion

I liked it a lot. Maybe it was to easy, I won every battle in first try 8(except Garnicora and eap Dahy in Rivia castle. And for Garnicora I just changed Skellige cards for strays and then won in 1st try and for aep Dahy I chaned Manticore trophy,strays and Meve flail for scyntmen, Lyrian cavalary and Meve card that boost and then won on 1st try. That battle with aep Dahy destroyed removal and I was using card like slingers, bombers and Manticore trophy for entire game. And of course my boy Eyck but I never changed him, always in my deck. And I was winning with scores like 168-0. I'm not joking many times I ereased oponents board to 0 units.

Didn't liked Xavier's betrayal. probably the biggest bullsh... that made absolutlly no sense.

Didn't like the portrayel of Northern kings. Once again. No sings or mentions of Demavend as a brilliant millitary commander and tactician. More like I will go full retard I know nothing about war I'm staying in Aldersberg because my ho is in labor and we can't move her. On the other side Meve is this perfect,heroic, I will charge the enemy myself (and she does), North has won because of her type to a point it's sometimes just ridiculous. No mentions of how the war was going on, everyone wanted to surrender except Meve and North won because of Meve. Even Brenna is mentioned only once. So I wished for more lore accuracy.

And to be honest I expected that decision will matter more. And for endings we got just fate of Meve,Reynard,Gascon,Villem and how was Meve known to Nilfgaardinas. And something about elves.

But in general a really great game. For me 9.5 out of 10.

About companions. To the last battle I've only managed to keep Eyck (didn't know you could lose him, how could you lose him?) and Arnjolf. And Barnabas but he was useless never used him, just saved him from death. And of course Reynard and Gascon but they were canon right? Or was there a way to lose them before the last battle?

Also I was looking all over the interweb for a complete guide for Thronebreaker and I couldn't find any. I really want to know how, if any impact choices that I didn't make would have.

Technically you can face the last battle only with Reynard/Gascon Arnjolf and the dog...

Thronebreaker was my introduction to Gwent (Other than the witcher 3 version obviously)

I really enjoyed thronebreaker and was glad I hadnt already played Gwent before I played it. Mainly because playing homecoming Gwent before playing thronebreaker would have made it ridiculously easy for me. As it was, thronebreaker was no challenge at all and I only had to replay a couple of the battles and never more than twice. Had I played homecoming thronebreaker would have seemed too simplistic. Which is ironic considering Gwent beta players say the same about homecoming.

Other than balance issues I have no complaints about homecoming btw. I guess you could say I dont know what I was missing but the gameplay feels pretty tight with plenty of room for different strategies.

Top Bottom