Wheel of fortune is bad for the game

+

Guest 4305932

You don't even understand my argument. Being easy to play without spending money has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. My argument is that they aren't fixing the issues in the game and are instead focusing on putting out new factions and cards and the logic in that is obvious. If they put out a lot of new cards they can get customers to purchase the card packs.

How can the in game economy have nothing to do with the accusation that they only realising expansion for money?

You are asking why I linked to the video showing off the card?

I thought people who haven't seen it might want to see it themselves.
Well, you provided video where some [Nope.] guy is talking for 30 minutes about plethora of cards. I do not have enough data for that... why not just a single image of the card?

Last edited by a moderator:
How can the in game economy have nothing to do with the accusation that they only realising expansion for money?

The devs can objectively make more money releasing expansions as quick as possible AND the game be generous at the same time.
Post automatically merged:

Well, you provided video where some [Still nope.] guy is talking for 30 minutes about plethora of cards. I do not have enough data for that... why not just a single image of the card?

I time stamped the video to start exactly where the card is at. I don't know why that didn't work for you. The card is revealed at 19:03.

Just to say, you is not everybody. Don't use plural terms just to enforce your arguments. Nobody? People?

A card game without regular expansion can not survive.
I'm sorry, but everybody with common sense (especially considering the way devs are handling expansions around here) were asking for some balancing first and expansion later.

The game survived last year with 6 months (!!!) with NOTHING (and there were couple of months before that with minuscule changes). Was it struggling at the end? For damn sure. It was six months. Was it as worse as it was when HC76 hit and people left? Not by a long mile.

We had two expansions already this year (Crimson Curse and the new Leaders) and there is still stuff to balance from thiose. We did not needed a new faction right away.

Especially when people are saying one of your factions is crippled to boredom, cause you cut its cards choices down to the blatantly obvious ones. And that after you REHAULED that same faction not so long ago too (you can say it was a third expansion this year alone, actually).

Guest 4305932

The devs can objectively make more money releasing expansions as quick as possible AND the game be generous at the same time.

it's true but at the same time the idea that their are only pushing expansion to make money makes no sense with their recent economic choices (see reward points in daily quest or 100 ore new faction kegs )

I'm sorry, but everybody with common sense (especially considering the way devs are handling expansions around here) were asking for some balancing first and expansion later.

The game survived last year with 6 months (!!!) with NOTHING (and there were couple of months before that with minuscule changes). Was it struggling at the end? For damn sure. It was six months. Was it as worse as it was when HC76 hit and people left? Not by a long mile.

We had two expansions already this year (Crimson Curse and the new Leaders) and there is still stuff to balance from thiose. We did not needed a new faction right away.

Especially when people are saying one of your factions is crippled to boredom, cause you cut its cards choices down to the blatantly obvious ones. And that after you REHAULED that same faction not so long ago too (you can say it was a third expansion this year alone, actually).

You talk about common sense, well it's common sense that you can't repeat the 6 months drought again. Plus there is a discussion with 88 messages about boring NG for a playbase of thousand of players. A bit too few to decide to no release new content.

it's true but at the same time the idea that their are only pushing expansion to make money makes no sense with their recent economic choices (see reward points in daily quest or 100 ore new faction kegs )

I think it's pretty in line with a lot of their more recent choices. Whens the last time you saw a premium keg weekend or something like it? They appear to be cutting down on some of the more generous things they used to do. But again none of that matters. They can be both generous and also focus on putting out more cards because it will make them more money.

Guest 4305932

I think it's pretty in line with a lot of their more recent choices. Whens the last time you saw a premium keg weekend or something like it? They appear to be cutting down on some of the more generous things they used to do. But again none of that matters. They can be both generous and also focus on putting out more cards because it will make them more money.

Again your are talking about different things. Premiums are not a fundamental part of the gameplay.

Aaaahahahahahahaha, as a veteran Beta player - this gave me a good belly laughter, really! Especially in the part where they milled all of our collections for scraps, saying it won't change anything in the in-game economy, just to change the in-game economy like, literally 2 weeks in the official release, making said scraps more or less obsolete.

Of course they are trying to make money and I am OK with that. What I am not OK is is when they LIE in our faces for such stupid stuff.

Guest 4305932

Aaaahahahahahahaha, as a veteran Beta player - this gave me a good belly laughter, really! Especially in the part where they milled all of our collections for scraps, saying it won't change anything in the in-game economy, just to change the in-game economy like, literally 2 weeks in the official release, making said scraps more or less obsolete.

Of course they are trying to make money and I am OK with that. What I am not OK is is when they LIE in our faces for such stupid stuff.

Til 23 october to 2 January is two weeks. With the first notice published on 19 december

making said scraps more or less obsolete.

tbh i don't think is so bad to have the chance of crafting expansion day one

Again your are talking about different things. Premiums are not a fundamental part of the gameplay.

I thought we were talking about how the devs can make more money. Premiums are a part of that. Also I wasn't referring to premiums only. I also said "or something like it". So epic keg events count, discounted powder on creating cards counts as well.

Guest 4305932

Yes, i guess there's lots to laugh about here...

Okay, final warning... please stay nice to each other and please don't ridicule others.

If that doesn't work this thread will have to be closed!

Making money is basic thing so that is out of any question, but there is a good way and bad way to do it so let's focus on '' Premiums are not a fundamental part of the gameplay '' as someone said, with the best example aka new expansion packs...

Very overlooked by players but showing nicely what CDPR doing lately....
[...]

When CC come alive a lot of players said that 40 packs are too much and they would gladly play half sum for 20 packs offer and I even said that supporting Gwent is right thing to do even if you really don't need anything and can craft everything, of course if you can spend money and what we got now.....

CC-40 packs-35 Euro....
NG-20 PREMIUM packs-35 Euro
NG-15 packs-17 Euro

So we got 20 packs less for same money, ONLY 15 packs for half money, unfinished expansion where some cards don't even have premium version (even you paid) and again truth was not told because no one asked for premium packs.....
All these things and rushing just adding more and more weights on what peoples here try to say and save game....

Edited. -Drac

Guest 4305932

Making money is basic thing so that is out of any question, but there is a good way and bad way to do it so let's focus on '' Premiums are not a fundamental part of the gameplay '' as someone said, with the best example aka new expansion packs...

Very overlooked by players but showing nicely what CDPR doing lately....
A while back in devs stream Burza said '' We listened what players want and we decided to make 2 pre-orders packs'' but again that was a lie, why ?

When CC come alive a lot of players said that 40 packs are too much and they would gladly play half sum for 20 packs offer and I even said that supporting Gwent is right thing to do even if you really don't need anything and can craft everything, of course if you can spend money and what we got now.....

CC-40 packs-35 Euro....
NG-20 PREMIUM packs-35 Euro
NG-15 packs-17 Euro

So we got 20 packs less for same money, ONLY 15 packs for half money, unfinished expansion where some cards don't even have premium version (even you paid) and again truth was not told because no one asked for premium packs.....
All these things and rushing just adding more and more weights on what peoples here try to say and save game....

15 pack - 17 euro is exactly how much you pay in the store for 15 kegs and on top of that you get the cardback. The crimson curse 40 pack normal price is 43 euro.

20 premium pack are, at least, 600 meteorite powder. So 12000 meteorite powder of cards (can be more or less obviously). In the store for 35 euro you can buy only 7200 Meteorite powder. 25 euro for 4800. Basically the 20 pack offer gives you around 60 euro (well probably less because of extra copies but still more than 35) worth of meteorite powder in cards.

It's pretty obvious that you can make a huge discount only on large value packs like the CC pack and the current NV premium pack.

they would gladly play half sum for 20 packs

I would gladly pay 1 euro for an entire premium collection...

''Again your are talking about different things. Premiums are not a fundamental part of the gameplay''

Your own words so why you now jumping on different boat and talking about mp ?
Did I mention in my post anything about mp, ore or cardback ?
My post was very clear and I talked about special offers only.....
Seems that you are the one here always who trying to talk about different things[...].....
Good luck....

Edited. -Drac

We're unlocking this discussion again, as the argument raised is a good one. However, everyone taking part in the conversation from this point is being warned now:

1.) Do not start getting personal. We're discussing the game and the mechanics, not others' intelligence. No one is required to understand anything the way someone else does. All arguments are welcome, and all arguments will be respected -- especially if you strongly disagree.

2.) Arguments are fine; fights are not. Your arguments are welcome, and in turn, members are required to welcome opposing points of view. Keep the discussion calm, polite, and constructive. If you're not certain you can keep the heat and attitude in check -- please don't post. Come back later on, or go find a conversation that's more to your liking.

3.) No petty comments or "Me too / +1" posts. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, read instead of typing.

If the misconduct continues, members involved will have immediate action taken against their accounts. No further warnings. Let's be sure we're all here for the right reasons and having a productive discussion.

Last edited:
Sorry but this "complete and good state" you are talking about can exist only in your head. Your ideal Gwent will never be a thing, because everyone have his ideal Gwent (mine is without skellige, just to say). Saying that the devs don't care anymore because they are not satisfying your vision of the game seems a bit childish to be honest. And no, the existence of cards like Gascon or Wheel of fortune doesn't compromise their statement about player skill or you are really trying to say that gwent is a game of luck? Because, if so, your are not telling the truth.

I think that the point is that Gwent is becoming a game where luck is more of a factor now than it should be. That's a pretty understandable opinion.

Guest 4305932

I think that the point is that Gwent is becoming a game where luck is more of a factor now than it should be. That's a pretty understandable opinion.

And i don't agree with this point because cards like WoF ,while objectively bad, are not only few but weak and have basically not impact on the game. I don't see how the game is becoming more rng where there is literally 1 card in the entire expansion that is so RNG.

Top Bottom