When are we going to get a patch for console?

+
It has almost been a month since the release of the new update and we still haven't had any patches to address the numerous issues (on console). When are we supposed to get one, as I can't see any information about this?

Yeah.. I been waiting very patiently for them to patch Rtx for the Xbox series x to continue my playthrough. I'm not like mad or anything but it's really taking a toll on my mental health. Hopefully this month it will be released. Maybe January 24?

There's absolutely allot of needs it has on consoles both Xbox and ps5 also heard PS4.. and I honestly wasn't expecting the update launching that broken. We waited 2 years with delays and now I'm just fully confused as to what's going on.

Hum... Soon enough I guess :)
(it's been a month, but with Christmas and New Year in the middle...)
I hope so. I know PC has already had a few hotfixes so I just hope it doesn't get prioritised over console. It's a great upgrade, but like the PC version, there's quite a few issues.

I hope so. I know PC has already had a few hotfixes so I just hope it doesn't get prioritised over console. It's a great upgrade, but like the PC version, there's quite a few issues.
On PCs, it was (very) little hotfixes (nothing really significant).
On Playstation there are issues which have to be fixed in priority and require more "work". Like being unable to save manually. Useless to fix some visual or performance issues when players still unable to save manually...

Hello dear CDPR, please don't let this PS5 bug go unnoticed :

The foliage pop in some of us are experiencing ruins the immersion. A fix would be hugely appreciated.

Hello dear CDPR, please don't let this PS5 bug go unnoticed :

The foliage pop in some of us are experiencing ruins the immersion. A fix would be hugely appreciated.
Is this only something that happens in Skellige? Still in Velen/Novigrad and haven't seen this on PS5 yet. My biggest issues are performance in both RT and Performance modes, and also the horrible input delay, noticeably when moving Geralt.

Is this only something that happens in Skellige? Still in Velen/Novigrad and haven't seen this on PS5 yet. My biggest issues are performance in both RT and Performance modes, and also the horrible input delay, noticeably when moving Geralt.

As I mentioned in the post, this issue apparently doesn't affect everyone. It's still very real and affects a lot of people, as can be verified with a quick search on these forums or on reddit. I've even seen Youtubers streaming the game on PS5 and having this exact same issue. I'm still in Velen in my current playthrough, haven't reached Skellige or even Novigrad yet, but I've read that the foliage bug is even worst in Skellige and Toussaint.

Performance in RT seems pretty bad too, but I play exclusively on Performance so I haven't "suffered" from it lol. However I don't have input delays issues on performance. You may have thought of that already but are you sure it's not an issue with your controller ?
I did have pretty serious input delay when I first launched the game again on PS5, but the issue was 100% my Dualsense which had a pretty bad drift on the left stick. It would take a moment for Geralt to move when I moved the stick and he would keep walking for some time even after I stopped touching the controller. Switching controllers fixed it completely.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the post, this issue apparently doesn't affect everyone. It's still very real and affects a lot of people, as can be verified with a quick search on these forums or on reddit. I've even seen Youtubers streaming the game on PS5 and having this exact same issue. I'm still in Velen in my current playthrough, haven't reached Skellige or even Novigrad yet, but I've read that the foliage bug is even worst in Skellige and Toussaint.

Performance in RT seems pretty bad too, but I play exclusively on Performance so I haven't "suffered" from it lol. However I don't have input delays issues on performance. You may have thought of that already but are you sure it's not an issue with your controller ?
I did have pretty serious input delay when I first launched the game again on PS5, but the issue was 100% my Dualsense which had a pretty bad drift on the left stick. It would take a moment for Geralt to move when I moved the stick and he would keep walking for some time even after I stopped touching the controller. Switching controllers fixed it completely.
I tried the PS4 version on my PS5 and the input delay was fine. It didn't do that weird thing where it moves the camera first and waits for Geralt to move, which is present on the new version. I've spoken to people who have had the same issue on PC, I did wonder about my controller until I found others with the same problem, and I don't have any issue with other games. Admittedly the input delay and general smoothness is better in Performance mode, but IMO still doesn't feel as responsive as the PS4 version which runs at 30fps.

I'll look out for the foliage bug but hope I don't see it of course.

My advice is just forget about the game on consoles for now. CDPR always have been super slow with TW3 patches (consoles). That said, and considering the awkward Cyberpunk launch on last gen, I guess they don't care too much about console players..

Just curious if there will be an update for Xbox series X consoles? i also have been having issue with the game crashing at random.

Just curious if there will be an update for Xbox series X consoles? i also have been having issue with the game crashing at random.
Just like for PC or for Playstation, just be patient :)
I play on Series X and I didn't encounter a single crash in about 80 hrs... So in which mode do you play ? (Me always and only in performance).

After the trust they lost from many people after the release of CP2077, I'm really surprised at their continued lack of any updates or information about when a patch may be coming. It has been well over a month now, and we have really not heard anything since before Christmas. I thought one thing they had fixed since the launch of Cyberpunk was transparency, but at the moment it's really hard to know anything about what they plan to do to fix many problems the Witcher has had since launch.

It has almost been a month since the release of the new update and we still haven't had any patches to address the numerous issues (on console). When are we supposed to get one, as I can't see any information about this?
+1 This includes the vanilla Xbox One W3, which doesn't let me use signs.

Top Bottom