When are you going to play?

+
When are you going to play?

Will you start playing at once or you'd like to wait until all of the 16 DLCs come out?

You'd be waiting, 7 or 8 weeks for all the DLC to come out? If it's 2 DLC packs every week after launch and 16 total. Or am I wrong? I'm gonna pre-load it and play it on launch.

Sorry, haven't been following, are there going to be 16 DLCs? Not one big dlc that they will call Enhanced edition? Probably going to try to waint until middle of the year, if I start playing when it lanches, probably not going to study at all xD. (But not sure if I will be able to make it)

Sorry, haven't been following, are there going to be 16 DLCs? Not one big dlc that they will call Enhanced edition? Probably going to try to waint until middle of the year, if I start playing when it lanches, probably not going to study at all xD. (But not sure if I will be able to make it)
They have no plans for an enhanced edition.

See, The GoG pre-order page Thought the GoG FAQ mentioned something about no Enhanced Edition planned. I think it was actually here on the forums somewhere

There are 16 free DLCs coming out across weeks after the game launches

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32289-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-16-free-DLCs-for-everyone!

Last edited:
I'll probably postpone playing the game until my summer vacation starts. Then I'll have all the time in the world. :)

It's a dilemma, I want to play as soon as I can get my hands on it... but the game will obviously need a couple of patches, it's simply impossible to not to on a scale like this and I want to avoid possible gamebreaking bugs.

I guess we'll see(and by this I mean I'll most likely rush like an idiot into the game ASAP).
:lol: The logical approach will stand no chance in this situation.

It's a dilemma, I want to play as soon as I can get my hands on it... but the game will obviously need a couple of patches, it's simply impossible to not to on a scale like this and I want to avoid possible gamebreaking bugs.

I guess we'll see(and by this I mean I'll most likely rush like an idiot into the game ASAP).
Hopefully the delay helped smooth some bugs out. Here's hoping it's not Bethesda-tier on release.

Well I'll be unemployed at the time (happy coincidence) and I've got plenty of money in reserve, so I'm going to specifically hold off on the job hunt to give myself as much time with The Witcher as desired (I'll also be reading the whole series and replaying 1 & 2, plus I'll have PC GTAV to get to as well)
I'm going to be there the minute the game is playable and then I'll probably just play through the game again once all the 16 DLC's are released.

I don't really see the point in waiting for the DLC's. It's just going to be very minor stuff (as we've seen), and considering the nature of The Witcher everyone who likes it is going to replay it at some point down the line, so you'll get to experience it with all those DLC's later. If you're waiting to play because of possible bugs/issues/optimization, well then that seems reasonable to me.

Not doubt there'll be a few bugs and issues, but hopefully nothing gamebreaking. I know a lot of people had issues with TW2 on release, but I personally experienced only a couple of very minor issues, so hopefully I'll get lucky again, or CDPR will be able to pull off a relatively smooth 1.0 game.

I'll bet my left nut the game will need patches and you'd be best playing it a couple months out from release. But i don't have that kind of willpower, so I'll be taking the day off work when it releases. If it's shite, I'll play another awesome Polish game and still declare myself a winner.

:victory:

The light side whispers to me "Patience, young padawan" , but the dark side keeps telling me "You fool, you have been waiting for this game for Years! You have read every book, comic, replayed Witcher 2 countless times and you know you wanna play this mazafaka Day 1! PLAY IT ASAP YOU FU#*ER!

.... So yeah, the dark side is stronger on this one.

Last edited:
The standerds and stakes are high.
CDPR at this point, as far as I can tell should be very happy with the quality of TW3 by Feb 24 2015.
It's going to be Great!!!
;)

I'll bet my left nut the game will need patches and you'd be best playing it a couple months out from release. But i don't have that kind of willpower, so I'll be taking the day off work when it releases. If it's shite, I'll play another awesome Polish game and still declare myself a winner.

:victory:

I think it will take me at least a week for me to download this game. My slow internet connection has just been justified.

i'm definatly going to wait at the very least two or 3 months after release. for many reasons. i want all the dlc form the start.i wan't any major bugs/glith fixed i want the oculus rift and since i'm also buying a nwe monitor in a couple of monts it may take too mutch money from other stuff i want to do also i have plenty of games and the books to finish in february the tower of the swallow will hit the sotre here ( translated) so i don't have haste at all. i played all the game read all the books ( available ) and the comics too and i'm also one of the oldest members ( regardels of me having so few posts ) so i'm fan of the games for a very VEEEERY long time and i waited almost 8 years now to see the end of this saga, what are a couple of months more? if a big expansion is confirmed down the road i probably wait till even that drops so i can play the witcher in the most satisfing and complete way i possibly can

I will play immedietely. I'll have holidays on 23-27th February (+ weekend) - I think that will be enough to finish The Witcher 3 for first time. Yay! :D

Top Bottom