When can we expect patch 1.05 and rollback potential?

+
When can we expect patch 1.05 and rollback potential?

As it seems that 1.04 ruined the game for a good number of people, when can we finally expect 1.05 and, if possible, the option to rollback updates without losing the ability to use our saves from other patches? This isn't really looking for tech support help, I'm just curious about whether or not we can get updates on this sort of thing.

Since there are quite a few lurkers it seems, input would be appreciated. Even just saying "bump" if you agree to keep the thread up.

two different people working on two different things!!
Patch is in CDPR's hands..with next DLC being released this week I would suggest there "might" be a small patch released with that!
rolling back I would suggest is something that is directly linked to GOG client and how it installs content and backs up files that are changed! so go ask GOG that question!

yeah, that 1.04 patch introduced more issues than it actually fixed...; hope this doesnt become the rule or I will just not update anymore.

Really glad I ignored all the patches and have been having a smooth playthrough with the vanilla version. I don't even have any complaints which is rare for me.

I hope they fix yo problems soon though... But take my advice: Backup your vanilla saves, uninstall the game and re-install and play vanilla!

two different people working on two different things!!
Patch is in CDPR's hands..with next DLC being released this week I would suggest there "might" be a small patch released with that!
rolling back I would suggest is something that is directly linked to GOG client and how it installs content and backs up files that are changed! so go ask GOG that question!
Not necessarily. It's already possible to roll back, but we lose the ability to use saves from the new patch by doing so. That's something directly connected to the game. GoG is just the platform that let's you control all of that.

Since there won't be any rollback possible on the console versions, I'd like to request that any new patch does not break our save files.

What's the problem with the new patch?
Pretty much made it unplayable for many. Check out the PC tech support subforum and /r/witcher on the issue. Tons of people have had worse performance, more crashes, bugs, etc.

Me specifically, I've lost about 20 FPS between patch 1.02 and 1.04. Used to hit a minimum of 45 FPS, now I can't get above 35 FPS in the same places. They also introduced some really gross sharpening and stuff, if you ask me the game just looks way worse. That's not even including all of the crashing that I started having as of 1.03. It's not just me, either, issues vary from person to person but you'll see numerous people hating the patch if you check out the respective areas I told you about.

Last edited:
Pretty much made it unplayable for many. Check out the PC tech support subforum and /r/witcher on the issue. Tons of people have had worse performance, more crashes, bugs, etc.

Me specifically, I've lost about 20 FPS between patch 1.02 and 1.04. Used to hit a minimum of 45 FPS, now I can't get above 35 FPS in the same places. They also introduced some really gross sharpening and stuff, if you ask me the game just looks way worse. That's not even including all of the crashing that I started having as of 1.03. It's not just me, either, issues vary from person to person but you'll see numerous people hating the patch if you check out the respective areas I told you about.

Ok, I understand. Uhm, maybe this is why I had poor performances in Novigrad.

Ok, I understand. Uhm, maybe this is why I had poor performances in Novigrad.
If it had fallen, then probably, yes.

Any input on this from CDPR? They always get silent when there's actually something worth addressing.

---------- Updated at 11:30 PM ----------

Anything? I'd actually like to play the game please .-.

Top Bottom