When do your cards become visible to your opponent?

+
I play on PC with a mouse. I've got no idea what my opponent sees when I start making moves. Do opponents only see your card when you land it on the board? How about if you click on the card to see the text on it but leave it in your hand? How about if you move it over the board but don't land it? It would be good to know.

Playing against people, sometimes their card hovers over the board. Sometimes I think that this is a troll by them, as in they want you to take that card in and be angry about it something. That's not something I do. At least, I think I don't. Not on purpose.

Gwent tracks your mouse movements for the opposing player, highlighting cards as you pass over them.

The highlight disappears if you hover on a card in your hand after a second or 2. I believe Clicking on text also causes this to disappear.

The hovering is usually a connection issue, traffic spike, or a special effect trying to load up but desynching with your input. Of course whenever there is a minor update or patch you never know what will happen. There was a time when cards would just fly across the screen or float away.

Gwent tracks your mouse movements for the opposing player, highlighting cards as you pass over them.

The highlight disappears if you hover on a card in your hand after a second or 2. I believe Clicking on text also causes this to disappear.

The hovering is usually a connection issue, traffic spike, or a special effect trying to load up but desynching with your input. Of course whenever there is a minor update or patch you never know what will happen. There was a time when cards would just fly across the screen or float away.

I thought I read something online about GWENT online having hot keys or whatever you call them, as an alternative to a mouse and maybe that one of those keys would be to reveal your card. You can do that in online poker, I hear.

I suppose I'll have to have faith that players aren't leaving their card hanging, visible to me, before they land it, as a way to rub my nose in it.

I am aware of the cards that opponents are interacting with being highlighted for the other players. That's why I tend to not look at their leader power for a second time. I really don't want to remind them that they haven't used their ability, and it's round 3, and they've got one card left to play. If I'm lucky they forget to use their ability. Of course, I am assuming that they'll be able to see that my cursor is gaining information on their leader ability, otherwise I'm being cautious for no good reason.

Top Bottom