When does Takemura turn?

+
I've played the game twice now and I still don't understand.
When he puts you in the car in the dump he is still convinced you are the killer.
Then you wake up in the car, and after the fight he is suddenly helping you.
When did he acknowledge that you are not the killer? He didn't even hear your side of the story yet.

This makes zero sense to me.

When he puts you in the car in the dump he is still convinced you are the killer.
When did he acknowledge that you are not the killer? He didn't even hear your side of the story yet.

it make no sense yes, maybe something in the middle is miss, maybe a cinematic that dont work?

You're blacking out half-dead at the time so it makes sense we don't get the full picture,

I don't think Goro ever believed you were the killer, he is questioning Yorinobu right after the murder, and it's only his sense of duty that has him stand down. I'm guessing he put the pieces together when his implants were turned off and Yorinobu sent assassin robots after him.

EDIT: Also entirely possible he was deciving Yorinobu and planned to use you for evidence, hence that reaction from Yorinobu. Again, hard to say if it was reactive or proactive. I would have liked a conversation with Goro that cleared that up, could be a "Told you so" moment from Johnny.

You're blacking out half-dead at the time so it makes sense we don't get the full picture,

I don't think Goro ever believed you were the killer, he is questioning Yorinobu right after the murder, and it's only his sense of duty that has him stand down. I'm guessing he put the pieces together when his implants were turned off and Yorinobu sent assassin robots after him.
but why then the first time he say "i got your father killer"

but why then the first time he say "i got your father killer"

Deception on Takemura's part. My guess he was trying to buy time to be able to get V to where he wanted them to be, either the board or to Hanako, to put a nail in Yori. Yori just acted first, with the assassination attempt.

What I don't get though isn't why Takemura did what he did, or why he said what he said, I get the whole deception piece. What I don't get is once the assassination attempt failed why Yori never acted again until Hanako's kidnapping, then after acting once, and failing never acted again.

Deception on Takemura's part. My guess he was trying to buy time to be able to get V to where he wanted them to be, either the board or to Hanako, to put a nail in Yori. Yori just acted first, with the assassination attempt.

What I don't get though isn't why Takemura did what he did, or why he said what he said, I get the whole deception piece. What I don't get is once the assassination attempt failed why Yori never acted again until Hanako's kidnapping, then after acting once, and failing never acted again.
Arasaka (and Yorinobu) are powerful but not omniscient. They're not going to be able to track down two nobodies in night city, especially at a time where Yorinobu is much more focused with consolidating power. Plus, he likely doesn't see Goro or V as even a remote threat.

After the kidnapping, he either
kills Goro or you save him and Hanako whisks him away to saftey

at that point, he could feesabily go after V, but again V is a merc who, as far as Yorinobu is concerned, was simply working for Goro. He has no idea V knows what happened.

Arasaka (and Yorinobu) are powerful but not omniscient. They're not going to be able to track down two nobodies in night city, especially at a time where Yorinobu is much more focused with consolidating power. Plus, he likely doesn't see Goro or V as even a remote threat.

After the kidnapping, he either
kills Goro or you save him and Hanako whisks him away to saftey

at that point, he could feesabily go after V, but again V is a merc who, as far as Yorinobu is concerned, was simply working for Goro. He has no idea V knows what happened.

See I get not being able to track V. That I follow. But Takemura, if they can turn off cyberwear remotely, that means they have a permanent virtual link to their cyberwear, making it easy, or easier to track. So Takemura should be fairly easy to track. Then you set a couple of assassins watching him, he contacts V, V shows... attack both.

We know that can be blocked. Like how Dorset had hers blocked. Either Tak did that off screen. Or he physically cut the wifi service of that system.

See I get not being able to track V. That I follow. But Takemura, if they can turn off cyberwear remotely, that means they have a permanent virtual link to their cyberwear, making it easy, or easier to track. So Takemura should be fairly easy to track. Then you set a couple of assassins watching him, he contacts V, V shows... attack both.
Yeah, that would prolly be how they found him the first time, but after they turned Tak's implants off, it would have disrupted that.

Even if they didn't do that, and they could still track him even while they were "off". Goro likely knows this, and ends up at Vik's shortly after, who would help him remove them.

EDIT: Also entirely possible he was deciving Yorinobu and planned to use you for evidence, hence that reaction from Yorinobu. Again, hard to say if it was reactive or proactive. I would have liked a conversation with Goro that cleared that up, could be a "Told you so" moment from Johnny.

This might be the case, but I am not sure since it seems counter to Takemura's code. He doesn't like deception, trickery, or thievery up until he's completely reduced and vulnerable because of Yorinobu.

Yorinobu is actively trying to destroy Arasaka from within, so that means Saburo loyalists like Takemura need to go.

This might be the case, but I am not sure since it seems counter to Takemura's code. He doesn't like deception, trickery, or thievery up until he's completely reduced and vulnerable because of Yorinobu.

Yorinobu is actively trying to destroy Arasaka from within, so that means Saburo loyalists like Takemura need to go.
Yeah, you are right. He had his suspicions from the start while Saburo's body was still warm, but it was his sense of duty that prevented a full confrontation (I'm guessing an angry 11 foot war machine standing behind him might have had something to do with that too).

If he believes Yorinobo to be lying, he could just be trying to take you to Hanako. When Yorinobu gets wind of that, he sends the Assassins after him. Because of that, Goro is forced to work with you.

See that's the odd thing, he's not against deception. In fact the Samurai code that he loosely follows specifically allows deception if in the best interest of his lord, who is Saburo. So in an attempt to revenge his lords death, he's willing to deceive if necessary.

He doesn't actually lie. He tells Yori that he has "his fathers murder" which is true, he has Yori. By finding V he has Yori by the short hairs, something Yori actively knows and realizes hence the assassins.

Deception isn't always lying, sometimes it's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, just in ways that the other person reads the wrong way.

See that's the odd thing, he's not against deception. In fact the Samurai code that he loosely follows specifically allows deception if in the best interest of his lord, who is Saburo. So in an attempt to revenge his lords death, he's willing to deceive if necessary.

He doesn't actually lie. He tells Yori that he has "his fathers murder" which is true, he has Yori. By finding V he has Yori by the short hairs, something Yori actively knows and realizes hence the assassins.

Deception isn't always lying, sometimes it's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, just in ways that the other person reads the wrong way.
Ahahahaha! I like that. Very clever.

its because Goro and you get attacked by the Steel Dragons...
Yorinobu Arasaka is the leader/founder of the Steel Dragons...
which was told befor... i think it was in the MOXXY Bar when you talked with Evelyn

ofc Goro immediately knows whats the game in play... also Arasaka shut down his cyberware...
which is talked about a lot in the game... "fired" employees get the cyberware shut down and most of the time removed

there are enouth hints given...
theres so much to explore in this game...
if people would only read some of the shards, or listend to the news...

on the news they talk about an employe who got new arms from a company (he didnt whant, but did need the job)
he got fired and the corpos removed his arms... so now he dosnt have arms

That's completely true. Him informing Yorinobu was probably a bait to see how he reacts. Takemura noticed the crack in the smart TV and was like "poisoning my ass".

Yorinobu planned to get rid of goro from the start he was loyal to his father he saw an opportunity with V and Tak together to kill two birds with one stone. When it didnt work he framed goro instead.

That's completely true. Him informing Yorinobu was probably a bait to see how he reacts. Takemura noticed the crack in the smart TV and was like "poisoning my ass".

Probably not just that. I mean strangling someone leaves distinctive marks around someones neck, wouldn't be hard to see those either, and Goro is a trained bodyguard, and probably assassin. He knows what to look for.

Top Bottom