When does Takemura turn?

+
Yorinobu sent assassins and blamed Saburo's assassination on Tak once he had found V. Takemura suspected you weren't the killer but that confirmed it. Everyone at Arasaka knew it was Yorinobu aswell, but nobody said anything.
Figured out that much, but still he was supposed to ask for V's side of the story at one point. This never happens.

I've played the game twice now and I still don't understand.
When he puts you in the car in the dump he is still convinced you are the killer.
Then you wake up in the car, and after the fight he is suddenly helping you.
When did he acknowledge that you are not the killer? He didn't even hear your side of the story yet.

This makes zero sense to me.

When Yorinobu sends assassins to kill him. He's almost certain that Yorinobu was the killer from the beginning, though. He knew that Yorinobu was lying from the beginning.

But he's not sure that you didn't kill Saburo, probably at Yorinobu's order.

Yorinobu sent assassins and blamed Saburo's assassination on Tak once he had found V. Takemura suspected you weren't the killer but that confirmed it. Everyone at Arasaka knew it was Yorinobu aswell, but nobody said anything.
Pretty good explanation.

Usually, you don't send killers when the murderer is already cought and in custidy.

Arasaka (and Yorinobu) are powerful but not omniscient. They're not going to be able to track down two nobodies in night city, especially at a time where Yorinobu is much more focused with consolidating power. Plus, he likely doesn't see Goro or V as even a remote threat.

After the kidnapping, he either
kills Goro or you save him and Hanako whisks him away to saftey

at that point, he could feesabily go after V, but again V is a merc who, as far as Yorinobu is concerned, was simply working for Goro. He has no idea V knows what happened.

Plus it's really hard to track down someone with Kiroshi Optics- known for keeping their users off surveillance cameras. Yorinobu might see Takemura as a threat even without any of his money or corporate accounts- but Takemura probably uses the money he has left for similar eye surgery from Viktor. Or even gets it for free because he saved your life. Without Delamain, the odds are good that you would have died outside Night City, and Takemura would have either killed himself or been arrested.

Yorinobu could be aware of Takemura's continued existence as early as the aftermath of the Sandayu Oda conversation. Perhaps Oda told him, or maybe he simply kept tabs on his sister's bodyguard. Either way, most of the parade plot isn't about how Yorinobu planned to murder his sister. It's about baiting Goro Takemura into an environment where he can be tracked. Which succeeds, and Adam Smasher is in the party which retrieves Hanako Arasaka. You know he'd happily kill her alongside Takemura, UNLESS he had explicit orders from Yorinobu to do no such thing.

Probably not just that. I mean strangling someone leaves distinctive marks around someones neck, wouldn't be hard to see those either, and Goro is a trained bodyguard, and probably assassin. He knows what to look for.

When you meet hanako for the point of no return mission, she memtions that she and the board knows yorinobu was lying. The testimony doesnt match up and there are no poison anywhere.

I've played the game twice now and I still don't understand.
When he puts you in the car in the dump he is still convinced you are the killer.
Then you wake up in the car, and after the fight he is suddenly helping you.
When did he acknowledge that you are not the killer? He didn't even hear your side of the story yet.

This makes zero sense to me.

Takemura is oldschool. A man og honor. He wouldn't kill you if you were innocent. And he couldn't know for sure if you were, could he?

Top Bottom