When is it safe to ignore the main story and start doing my own thing?

+

Guest 4456526

Right after the prologue I exit my apartment after a nights sleep. I'm quested to meet the Ripperdoc. My Samurai friend gets in the car. I saved at this point and wandered off. When I got back my friend had left the car and was nowhere to be seen, naturally enough.

In most games of this type you're kind of meant to ignore the main story and just head off. Is this the case here as well? When the NPCs start harassing me, is there something to it, or is it like in other games that it's just for immersive purposes? Can I safely ignore them, or does it have consequences if I do?

Plese don't include spoilers in any replies. I'm looking for generalities only.

Yeah pretty much from there you can ignore the main story, I have mostly been doing this in the hope that they will patch the game to a point where I no longer have serious framerate dips and pop in issues. I will say though, there are an immense amount of side quests and odd jobs to do from the get go, it can be overwhelming deciding what you even want to do.

It's really up to you, but doing a few main missions really raises your level quickly and gives you valuable attribute points. But the more street cred you have the better augments you can get so I favor side missions 80/20.

Yeah pretty much from there you can ignore the main story, I have mostly been doing this in the hope that they will patch the game to a point where I no longer have serious framerate dips and pop in issues. I will say though, there are an immense amount of side quests and odd jobs to do from the get go, it can be overwhelming deciding what you even want to do.

If you're on PC, try running without Galaxy. I found Galaxy cut my FPS in half.

You will get to a heist mission in the main questline at some point. Major spoilers so I won't say any more but it's pretty early on and you'll know which mission I'm talking about when you get there.

After the heist mission several things happen and the world opens up to you. Imo, that's also when things really start to get good. So, focus on the main story until you get through the heist mission. Trust me.

If you're on PC, try running without Galaxy. I found Galaxy cut my FPS in half.
But does it still track your trophies? I think you wont get achievements then?
If it is really cutting your FPS in half - thats insane, but most likely is a ram issue on your side maybe?

Guest 4456526

You will get to a heist mission in the main questline at some point. Major spoilers so I won't say any more but it's pretty early on and you'll know which mission I'm talking about when you get there.

After the heist mission several things happen and the world opens up to you. Imo, that's also when things really start to get good. So, focus on the main story until you get through the heist mission. Trust me.

The perfect reply! Thank you :)

You can run around freely as soon as you get to NC. I went ahead and did the Ripper Doc mission just because it seemed important to get the implants. After that I just wandered around, did some Assault and Organized Crime activities, collected junk to sell and did some side missions. You can also find random access points to hack that can give you components and / or cash. I basically just did that until I had enough money to pay off the Ripper Doc.

It's really up to you, but doing a few main missions really raises your level quickly and gives you valuable attribute points. But the more street cred you have the better augments you can get so I favor side missions 80/20.

Right there with ya! +1

As far as I know, the only really time-critical mission-things that there are, are related to the romances. If your romance sends you a message you should prolly answer it pretty soon (and obviously keep doing things that they want if you want your romance to progress). And Im not even sure if even this is just rumour and not actually true. I guess I will eventually find out.

Anyways, the rest of the missions probably aren't time-sensitive, regardless what they sound like. So you can ignore them at your leisure.
The City opens up full after the heist, so go ham.
Post automatically merged:

How do I do this? I'm using a Steam version and it opens the CP launcher as soon as I hit play in Steam.

For me the launcher shuts itself down when the game launches.

Top Bottom