When should we expect to see console footage?

+
At this Point, I bet we will only see it playing on the release date.

But that would mean CDPR isn't even sending out Xbox One copies for reviewing and i highly doubt that. I definitely expect Xbox One videos from sites like Gamersyde next week. I also expected something from MS themselves. Why the hell can they do it for their own games like Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive but not for one of the most anticipated games this year, as freaking Major Nelson called it himself.

That PS4 footage looks great. Roll on the 19th.

But that would mean CDPR isn't even sending out Xbox One copies for reviewing and i highly doubt that. I definitely expect Xbox One videos from sites like Gamersyde next week. I also expected something from MS themselves. Why the hell can they do it for their own games like Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive but not for one of the most anticipated games this year, as freaking Major Nelson called it himself.

I hope that video with him and people praising the X1 version is true.

: inocent :

Going to post it here as well, cause right now..any kind of Xbox One info is....good i guess.

Well, on Dualshockers there was the article about the PS4 footage and the author had also written that article about how awesome the X1 version looked.

This article:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/...looks-awesome/

So this troll there started replying to me and said the X1 version has worse textures, worse lighting and worse resolution. The author Giuseppe replied with this:

''You shouldn't state as fact what you don't know. The lighting for one, looks absolutely identical to what I saw. Textures is too minute a detail to notice from here.''

He then directly replied to me:

''It's VERY hard to say mate. I can't see glaring differences to be honest. But we're talking about a video on YouTube now and a game played a month ago _;;

My memory isn't THAT photographic.''

I then asked what about pop in and texture streaming/appearing all of a sudden, he said this:

''Can't remember seeing anything too glaring on that. The only real issue I saw was aliasing, but that's a constant on open world games on consoles.''

He also said we have nothing to worry about.

It's something.

Last edited:
Just seen the PS4 footage......:yes

Attachments

• funny witcher 3 GIF-6.jpg
    funny witcher 3 GIF-6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 51
I'm not 100% sure on this, and I don't have any direct source to quote from. But I thought that I had read somewhere that Dev's said that Xbox One and PS4 version would be identical other than resolution. If that is the case, the PS4 version looks very good - and the only difference is that Xbox One will be playing it at 900p instead of 1080p. I would say the Xbox One version will look just as amazing (though Textures might not look as sharp because of the resolution difference and Xbox One scaling them up to match 1080p screens).

I'm not 100% sure on this, and I don't have any direct source to quote from. But I thought that I had read somewhere that Dev's said that Xbox One and PS4 version would be identical other than resolution. If that is the case, the PS4 version looks very good - and the only difference is that Xbox One will be playing it at 900p instead of 1080p. I would say the Xbox One version will look just as amazing (though Textures might not look as sharp because of the resolution difference and Xbox One scaling them up to match 1080p screens).

Regardless we all need to see what the final product actually looks like on the One, no comparisons or talk, raw footage brother.

Yup they indeed said this. In a tweet a while ago and one of the developers confirmed it again to me today in a PM. It's all the same, textures, level of detail, pop in, etc. So if it's really all that fine and dandy with the Xbox One version, i don't get why it's taking so long for them to release it or actually..say anything about it at all.

I think that MS has to " Approve the game play on X1 first before it's released to the public, being that it is a representation of their product, ya know....so.....If CDPR sent the footage to PS Access then they might have sent it in to MS as well. MS is just taking their good old time approving it and uploading it. Just a thought.:) Hope there is footage of it soon though for all the X1 gamers out there. Good Luck.:clover:

I think that MS has to " Approve the game play on X1 first before it's released to the public, being that it is a representation of their product, ya know....so.....If CDPR sent the footage to PS Access then they might have sent it in to MS as well. MS is just taking their good old time approving it and uploading it. Just a thought.:) Hope there is footage of it soon though for all the X1 gamers out there. Good Luck.:clover:

Not a bad thought at all. But i would think CDPR could simply tell us that they sent it to MS. Ah well, let's just wait and see now. I am gonna go ahead and believe what the developers told us.

Some new stuff in the PS4 video.

* His hair seems to move more than on PC without the NVidia thingy. I wonder if they could optimize the hair for the PS4 a little more well than for PC, kinda... Well, I'll be playing on PS4 and I love me some hair, so I'm very happy. Wind seems cool on PS4, too. I was looking forward to it. I just wonder if the fur will be simulated, too. Guess that'd be asking for too much. The horse's mane is, but I won't hold my breath for the bears.

* There is another parry that looks bad just like one in the IGN video. "I think I can confirm" that we're stuck with it. It seems to happen when the parry is triggered very late, so there is no time to play out the actual parry animation, properly... just the end of it, which makes it look as if Geralt doesn't parry at all, takes the hit and kicks the guy.

* The random execution animations may happen when there are hostiles at range. This is very bad. The axe guy attacks Geralt, but the attack is ignored, because Geralt is performing a fancy and unnecessary execution. They should really save these only for when the coast is clear, like killing the last enemy, or killing a guy when there are only meleers around and they're all far from you.

I'm very happy with the PS4 version!

* The random execution animations may happen when there are hostiles at range. This is very bad. The axe guy attacks Geralt, but the attack is ignored, because Geralt is performing a fancy and unnecessary execution. They should really save these only for when the coast is clear, like killing the last enemy, or killing a guy when there are only meleers around and they're all far from you.

I'm very happy with the PS4 version!

They showed yesterday that you can turn off the automatic finishers.

That's nice of them.

But I wanna see them. I actually think the finishers don't happen in bad situations often. In all combat footage I think I saw only one bad finisher, the one I mentioned. They seem to have got it almost right. I wonder if it could be easily fixed.

So from what i understand is that the review embargo ends a week before release, but the only copies sent out so far are PS4 copies meant for only debug PS4 consoles?

If that's true, i guess i should not expect Gamersyde or any other site for that matter to have Xbox footage next week. All this nonsense and silence is slowly killing my hype and excitement for the game. I'm fairly sure any excitement will come back when i have the game myself on X1, or worst case scenario, i';ll have to buy a PS4 for this if it truly turns out real bad on X1, which i really doubt.

Some new stuff in the PS4 video.

* His hair seems to move more than on PC without the NVidia thingy. I wonder if they could optimize the hair for the PS4 a little more well than for PC, kinda... Well, I'll be playing on PS4 and I love me some hair, so I'm very happy. Wind seems cool on PS4, too. I was looking forward to it. I just wonder if the fur will be simulated, too. Guess that'd be asking for too much. The horse's mane is, but I won't hold my breath for the bears.
!

Yeah i noticed that too, and was wondering that fur stuff too. Well see:) But im more than happy of the footage. Finally i might actually feel good about buying PS4.

So from what i understand is that the review embargo ends a week before release, but the only copies sent out so far are PS4 copies meant for only debug PS4 consoles?

If that's true, i guess i should not expect Gamersyde or any other site for that matter to have Xbox footage next week. All this nonsense and silence is slowly killing my hype and excitement for the game. I'm fairly sure any excitement will come back when i have the game myself on X1, or worst case scenario, i';ll have to buy a PS4 for this if it truly turns out real bad on X1, which i really doubt.

AFAIK only a PS4 review build has been teased on someone's twitter, but I dont know if that means its the only version that has been sent out at this point. Particularly it would make no sense if the PC version isnt being sent out.

AFAIK only a PS4 review build has been teased on someone's twitter, but I dont know if that means its the only version that has been sent out at this point. Particularly it would make no sense if the PC version isnt being sent out.

True true. It would not be a bad idea if CDPR and MS in general would just be a bit more transparent towards the people. Shit i''ll be glad when i finally got this game. Gone all those stupid worries and the waiting for some...goddamn footage.

Top Bottom