When should we expect to see console footage?

+
Cant hide the fact that the PS4 has a 5400rpm HDD and a mobile class processor. Even Bloodborne launched with 40second load times... a game developed exclusively for the PS4, partially developed by Sony itself, whose world is both a tiny fraction of the size of the Witchers world and has no dynamic elements whatsoever.

Cant hide the fact that the PS4 has a 5400rpm HDD and a mobile class processor. Even Bloodborne launched with 40second load times... a game developed exclusively for the PS4, partially developed by Sony itself, whose world is both a tiny fraction of the size of the Witchers world and has no dynamic elements whatsoever.
Not to mention that you keep dying 50 times an hour in Bloodborne, and it is what the game is all about.

If loading screens really bother people, I suggest they play the Witcher 3 on easy. That way they would not die so often, and there are no loading screens except for fast travel or death. Plus CDPR may find a way to reduce the loading screen and patch the game.

I've seen videos from the YouTubers who went to play the game a couple of weeks ago. The loading screens after death on them was only about 5 secs. I'm guessing the PCs they were using had SSDs. So apparently this will be less a problem on PCs. Even if your using a traditional hard drive, PC loading is usually faster than consoles.

yes. i know. 40 seconds to wait just after dying is nothing compared to the loading in the witcher 2. ugh. the agony.

Bloodborne was recently patched, and had it's loading screens reduced by quite a bit, so I think that sounds more like an optimization thing than the PS4 just being slow. There have been lots of games that load surprisingly fast.

Anyway, if it only loads after dying, fast traveling, or traveling to a different section of the world, that's still pretty incredible to me. Especially after putting a ton of time into Skyrim, and seeing a loading screen every time I went through a door. Sure it'd be great if it loaded in a few seconds, but I'm honestly just too excited about the lack of loading screens to be that upset about how long they'll take when they do pop up.

Mobile processor?

Console Footages of May

Hi.
As developers have announced that a console footage will be shown this week, I have decided to open a new thread that involves only discussions and impressions about the consoles material. I hope we will get some Ps4 gameplay, as it is the platform which I will play TW3 on.
What do you think we will see? I can't wait to watch the new videos.

Hi.
As developers have announced that a console footage will be shown this week, I have decided to open a new thread that involves only discussions and impressions about the consoles material. I hope we will get some Ps4 gameplay, as it is the platform which I will play TW3 on.
What do you think we will see? I can't wait to watch the new videos.

Probably better to wait until there's actually some footage? Otherwise people may need to scroll through several pages before finding the content.

havent they been patched already?

They did.

This is getting ridiculous, the ps4/xo gameplay should've been here by now, people are getting worried and impatient.

btw. can some mod fix the tittle of the topic? Something like "When we will see console gameplay" or something, because my eyes are bleeding :p

btw. can some mod fix the tittle of the topic? Something like "When we will see console gameplay" or something, because my eyes are bleeding :p

true story.....english isnt my first language but it still hurts.......everytime a little bit more....

Not gonna lie, the lack of footage of actual Xbox One gameplay is concerning...Not sure why they are withholding this for so long.

:hmm:Either they are still perfecting TW3's looks and performance on consoles with further optimization, or they really do look like doo doo in the face of the PC version.
Or they look equal to PC version and they don't want the master race to trip out about it. I guess we'll see soon enough guys & gals :)

Since the game has gone GOLD and therefore being shipped as we speak on all 3 platforms plus they have promised a console video this week I am confident on the way of those that is going to play on consoles that it will be fine. Don't worry folks :)

Not long now people and the game will actually be in our hand's. I'm confident the console versions will stand up well against the PC version. The devs haven't let us down yet. Keep believing!

Last edited:
Nah, they'll keep us, people on gaf, n4g, gb and reddit waiting till sunday, I can feel it.

Top Bottom