When should we expect to see console footage?

+
Finally some console footage!

It's good to see that it looks amazing on consoles! That said, i'm a bit surprised with how short the NPC draw distance seem to be in this video (look at 0:47)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HPulLdatI

It may not be a problem in the middle of a dense forest, but in a populated city like Novigrad, it may be too visible.

Is this footage from the final version?

I'd be surprised if LOS was clear enough to consistently see NPCs at that distance in Novigrad.

Only time will tell, but I'd not be too bothered.

Yeah it seems that it's indeed all they have secured. Maybe MS did ask of CDPR to show X1 first, but CDPR probably didn't promise anything. My guess is there was still some work to be done on X1 version. Of course...these are all assumptions by me. I really hope we indeed still get Xbox One footage. Marcin Momot not answering (probably not allowed to) answer that simple question when we can see some X1 footage doesn't make it all that hopeful though.

This silence from REDs is strange.
I hope, as an X1 user, for the best answer.

But...

I'm more than happy for how the game looks on PS4. I didn't have any doubts to be honest. Not long to wait now!

And what about the loading time on consoles (fast travel, load after dying)? Can anybody from CD Projekt RED specify how much does it take?

As an Xbox One owner, I'm getting pretty concerned at this point...the reluctance to show X1 gameplay is really really odd at this point...it's almost as if they are afraid of showing it.

As an Xbox One owner, I'm getting pretty concerned at this point...the reluctance to show X1 gameplay is really really odd at this point...it's almost as if they are afraid of showing it.

Don't be. I'm pretty sure that, other than resolution and a minor detail here and there, X1 version will look fantastic too.

Last edited:
Some days ago some thought the same of the PS4 gameplay, and now see how everybody's happy with how it turned out.
I don't think you have anything to worry about =)

Some days ago some thought the same of the PS4 gameplay, and now see how everybody's happy with how it turned out.
I don't think you have anything to worry about =)

The PS4 has a bit more umpf under the hood, which is why its imperative that Xbox One owners need to see if it is that bad looking. For a company that prides itself on transparency this is starting to leave a bit of a stink.

mmm PS4 version looks average... draw distance on clutter and NPC is crap and the 30fps thing.. I'll never get used to it... but at least it seems to run smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standalone I'm sure the X1 graphics will look great. Just don't get caught in a silly comparison loop. Graphics will always be relative - as you can tell by the way people keep comparing trailer footages.

The PS4 has a bit more umpf under the hood, which is why its imperative that Xbox One owners need to see if it is that bad looking. For a company that prides itself on transparency this is starting to leave a bit of a stink.

Personally i don't believe for a second it's going to be bad looking, the very brief part in Gamespot's video looked fine. And very little multiplatform games so far that have any other advantages on PS4 other than resolution and maybe a few less framedrops, in some cases an even worse framerate on PS4 actually and also worse anisotrophic filtering and such. Plus now two different people from CDPR said both versions are the same,except for resolution. So i am not worried about that. Microsoft and/or CDPR still not showing it though...is some real BS.

I really hope not.
If the X1 version is that bad, I can say goodbye to the physical edition I was thinking to buy later.

I really hope not.
If the X1 version is that bad, I can say goodbye to the physical edition I was thinking to buy later.

Worst case scenario the X1 version has a slightly worse framerate and maybe a bit more pop in? That's just me guessing. If we are to believe Dualshockers, Lazygamer.net, Gamespot and the developer themselves, Xbox One owners have nothing to worry about. I would tweet Phil Spencer or Major Nelson about this, but i already know they won't respond. In my PM from CDPR it was said Xbox one footage should be coming either this week or next week. But i agree with you guys though, this is one shitty ass situation. All we want is a few minutes of footage.

mmm PS4 version looks average... draw distance on clutter and NPC is crap and the 30fps thing.. I'll never get used to it... but at least it seems to run smoothly.
There's no way you could see a huge difference in an youtube video. I'm sure if they said that this was PC ultra at 30fps you would eat it :p

I agree with the NPC's draw distance, though, but its the only visible difference.

Last edited:
Standalone I'm sure the X1 graphics will look great. Just don't get caught in a silly comparison loop. Graphics will always be relative - as you can tell by the way people keep comparing trailer footages.

I agree, as it turns out like this with almost every game. But it's still annoying there is no Xbox One footage.

The silence about that version is so frustrating as an Xbox One owner. Do they even want that version to sell?

I agree, as it turns out like this with almost every game. But it's still annoying there is no Xbox One footage.

The silence about that version is so frustrating as an Xbox One owner. Do they even want that version to sell?
At this Point, I bet we will only see it playing on the release date.

Top Bottom