When this version of the game gonna be released?

+
Some features were subject to change as it said underneath.
In CP77 everything but "pew pew" was removed..... AHEM.....changed.

True.

It was all Work in Progress back in the 2018 and most of us agreed on fact that cutting some features is a normal developement process. However, I can still hear narrator voice in my head from the 2018 demo , when he said something of sort : " this is only glimpse of what will be possible in the released game ".

Today, I can't tell if that is funny or sad.
We can only speculate if it was really there and got removed due to the bugs etc. - or it was just wishful thinking.

I like the game, but ammount of content that got hyped up and never delivered - is ridiculous.

One of the good threads that I've saved in. This version was better. If they did 2 years ago, they can do it and completely renew this game again.

They really showed us what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like.

What they give us now is just:

*drumroll*

CYBERPUNK 2020

IF you've been to the Maelstrom base from the 2018 trailer, you recognize this area as just before the last room, the exit room.

Yes, I did it with electrified Mantis Blades.

Mantis Blades Maelstrom base, just as in the trailer, even though CDPR -said- they added it as late game content and the -titled- that it was Work In Progress.

Also, looks gorgeous.

photomode_17122020_102327.png

Not sure what features people think were "taken" from them that CDPR didn't already explain were cut due to development priorities, but this wasn't one. Blades are available by the time you hit Maelstrom if you want. No, I didn't grind for SC, I did Gigs that I felt like doing. Was super easy. If you want the gear, do the work.

As for stuff like metro rides and TPP and, I dunno, whatever else people think was stolen from them somehow, yeah, that's gone and has been for awhile. Maybe we get some of it back.

Stuff that I think -should- be in the game, like getting a )@*))@*@ haircut or going dancing with Jackie? That wasn't featured as an interactive activity in the 2018 trailer.

But as for the 2018 trailer? They repeatedly said it was subject to change. That means don't expect anything you see there to remain. Although of course, most of it did and it looks great!

Seems to me hacking has been streamlined and it is better now than before it was. It is realtime now rather then go into fancy cyberspace menus to decide what quickhack to execute at any given time.

combat mechanics showcased in the demo (slowmo, dash, duble jumps) are also in the final game, in the game they are just limited to build style. For instance the slow motion is given by the Sandevistan mod, but if you use that you cannot slot a cyberdeck thus no quickhacks for you. It makes sense to me.

Hacking is visually and mechanically boring. Deus ex hacking minigame was way better. I am still pissed that we could not do netrunning and that cyberspace looks like garbage.

I suspect all the stuff was in the game at some point but in an unfinished state that still needed time.

Then Covid hit alongside a need to work from home which destroys productivity and coordination for big projects like this. Making is practically impossible to finish most of the stuff they wanted. You can tell priority went into the main story, and even then they didn't have time to finish even half of the lifepath start.

The amount of time they now needed was a ton more than what they actually had, throwing a wrench into the gears of the whole thing. With covid around they probably needed at least another year minimum.

Not sure what features people think were "taken" from them that CDPR didn't already explain were cut due to development priorities, but this wasn't one.

The actual immersion. The entire reason we DON'T have TPP is because it was supposed to help with the immersion. I generally hate FPP in games like this, but I was willing to put up with it if the environment and the world was immersive.

But it's not. So what exactly were they trying to sell me here? A story? If that's the case then why bother with an open world? All the advertisements for this game were about the player picking their style, and their life choices, and all that. We were told we would have choices.

We don't. The 'choices' we do have are limited and most don't have any impact whatsoever.

What we got was the illusion of choice being presented by a 10 year old that got one of those 'my first magic show' kits for their birthday. Nothing you do ultimately matters, and because of that, there is no incentive to actually do anything in the first place.

No one is arguing that it doesn't look pretty. It does. But there is more to immersion than simply looking pretty. If the world doesn't feel real, it doesn't matter how much occlusion and raytracing you slap on it, it's just a painting you can look at, not a world you can interact with.

When I pre-ordered this game, it was under the assumption I would be buying a game that let me explore and live a life inside of a cyberpunk world. Instead, I got fleeced into paying 60 bucks to watch a barely interactive movie about someone's Cyberpunk Fanfiction. There is barely enough here to even constitute calling it a 'game'.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

We were told we would have choices.

We don't. The 'choices' we do have are limited and most don't have any impact whatsoever.

What we got was the illusion of choice being presented by a 10 year old that got one of those 'my first magic show' kits for their birthday. Nothing you do ultimately matters, and because of that, there is no incentive to actually do anything in the first place.

No one is arguing that it doesn't look pretty. It does. But there is more to immersion than simply looking pretty. If the world doesn't feel real, it doesn't matter how much occlusion and raytracing you slap on it, it's just a painting you can look at, not a world you can interact with.
Brace yourself because we are gonna see people saying that "technically you have choices, you can pick between 3/4/5/6 dialogue options, and sometimes (2/3 times in the whole game) they slightly matter."
Do they matter? who cares as long as you have on screen 4 lines that you can pick from.
And if anybody does that, he/she really need to get his/her brain checked. For real.
As I said before, "technically" and "sort of" is the leading line here.
Oh I almost forgot, and they'll go like "why did you really expect that every option would actually matter? WHAT GAME DOES THAT?"
No I'm just putting stuff that is useless as fuck to create a facade people will buy into. And this is valid for every single freacking bit of this game. That's why they didn't tuned down graphics, and sacrificed gameplay, because graphics helps the facade.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I expected was a fun, immersive RPG where I got to run around in the world of Cyberpunk and actually feel like I was in that world.
What I got was a Visual Novel with guns, censorship bars and a lot of hand-holding.

I have Visual Novel blocked as a tag on Steam for a reason.

> Hand holding

Surprising that they didn’t censor that, too.

What I expected was a fun, immersive RPG where I got to run around in the world of Cyberpunk and actually feel like I was in that world.
What I got was a Visual Novel with guns, censorship bars and a lot of hand-holding.

I have Visual Novel blocked as a tag on Steam for a reason.
You can do that. If you don't feel anything that's your problem. Not the game.

The actual immersion. The entire reason we DON'T have TPP is because it was supposed to help with the immersion. I generally hate FPP in games like this, but I was willing to put up with it if the environment and the world was immersive.

Ah... the first of 1000 little disappointments i've wrote about above. I think no TPP was a very good decision. They said it's the game where your style and look matters and you have a ton of options to customise it and... THE RAY TRACING. So i connected the dots and thought i will be able to see myself in things like car's windows etc. How cool is that? It was kinda brilliant idea. And ofc different materials mirror everything but not you. Instead we've got fake mirror you have to activate, and ofc, SURPRISINGLY, lol, it's still a low effort, low quality mess (like everyting else) that mirrors you bald if hat or something is applied. That's the problem, game makes you feel like an idiot and make laugs out of you on literally every corner. CP2077 literally crawls in such things that feel like bad joke and in the end show lack of something fundamental to it. It's like cognitive dissonance all the time. It's all the way a one big place holder.

Last edited:

But it's not. So what exactly were they trying to sell me here? A story? If that's the case then why bother with an open world? All the advertisements for this game were about the player picking their style, and their life choices, and all that. We were told we would have choices.

When I pre-ordered this game, it was under the assumption I would be buying a game that let me explore and live a life inside of a cyberpunk world. Instead, I got fleeced into paying 60 bucks to watch a barely interactive movie about someone's Cyberpunk Fanfiction. There is barely enough here to even constitute calling it a 'game'.

This... to 100%

That text went down like water.

completely roasted lol.

Meanwhile Kojima managed to squeeze in all CP77 gameplay in a single patch update.
Have a blast.

Might actually have more gameplay since you can hack any old vehicle. Haven't seen anyone on any Let's Play of this game do that.

Also, looks gorgeous.

photomode_17122020_102327.png

I'm going bitch a bit and say that the indoor environments are way too dark. Can't see crap half the time.

(Ironically I find the outside too bright.)

Frankly, another good reason to add choices is to give players the chance to shape the story the way they like. This game can get pretty bloody dark at times ... not everyone is in the mood for that kind of depressing content - especially given current events.

PS: IMHO games need to properly telegraph the results of player choice/actions. Might feel a bit artificial at times but would lead to less dissatisfaction - especially on first playthroughs. At the end of the day, games are escapist entertainment - on a side note, writer of games need to keep their egos in check and realize they are writing for the audience, not themselves.

And it's such a shame they took out the upgrade animation. It's so shit how it is.
it should be a big deal your changing your body by adding parts. They could have at least give us a chance to skip an upgrade animation, rather than just not having one....

And it's such a shame they took out the upgrade animation. It's so shit how it is.
it should be a big deal your changing your body by adding parts. They could have at least give us a chance to skip an upgrade animation, rather than just not having one....
This... I was actually taken aback when I did my first upgrade after the initial (already known for months) one, and it was just a simple shop menu transaction. I mean, you literally get both your arms replaced, and it's still just a simple "click". Really? Come on! In a CYBERPUNK game?

As for the illusion of choice... well, to be fair, Witcher wasn't much better in that regard. Sure, you had solid, meaningful options in some minor and major quests, but the main story was more or less just as linear.

Talking about 2018 demo, I still don't understand why in the released version we even have apartment. I'll never came back to it, except main story when game forced me to be there.

Heck, even in old good Vampire Bloodlines there is multiple reasons to keep returning to our apartment.

CDPR could literaly script something like this - Your love interest moves to live with you so you can spend some time together, get extra dialogue options etc. Was it really THAT hard to make ?

In retrospect to that, I wonder how long it took to develop that boring, disturbing and sometimes very creepy braindance mini game ? - which adds nothing to immersion of the in-game world.

:) another day of venting out chunks of disappointment :)

Top Bottom