When to break down, When to Sell?

+
Moving into a Netrunner + Crafting Playthrough and I figured I’d take this out better than I normally do. Now previously I broke down Commons when they worth less than 150, Uncommons when they were worth less than 350, Rare’s when they were less than 750, and Epics when they were 1100 or less. The general idea being that items of lesser value weren’t worth carrying around and so this helped conserve inventory space. I’ve looked around but I can’t really see any guides in on how breaking down equipment works for components received. Now, money won’t be an issue thanks to access points and especially crafting epic weapons later, but my curiousity is getting the better of me (even if I’m pretty sure I don’t have the patience to actually track this by myself. I imagine doing so would require tracking both rarity, value of the item, possibly each individual item, and my level.

I personally in my 550h playthrough dismantled everything from the start and never sold a single piece of dropped loot. Reason is I wanted to roleplay as a Merc whose only income is through jobs, activities and hacking, so it was to test whether there was enough money in the game through immersive means only to obtain everything. And there sure was, as I have everything bought and currently sitting at 400k €$.

You can see what you'll get for dismantling each item by going into Inventory - Backpack. And with maxed out crafting and certain perks you can sometimes get extra bonus components by doing so. But at the end of the day, dismantling epic/legendary loot for components turned out not really worth doing if you're into min-maxing crafting, because;

- If you dismantle lets say a Legendary weapon worth 4k €$ for the purpose of obtaining legendary/epic components, you'll only get 1 component of each rarity. If you sell it though, you can buy about a 120 legendary components from a Junk Vendor instead.

I personally didn't bother with trying to min-max it at all because crafting is unfortunately pretty lackluster, unbalanced and shallow, so it doesn't require any in-depth guides. Even with just dismantling everything, I have so many resources that I can infinitely craft and sell to become 10 times richer than Saburo Arasaka.

In my case, except end-game where items have a decent value and when I need money, I dismantle everything which is not legendary. It not worth it to dismantle legendary items, and they can't be aquired only once in specific containers, outside of those which are sell in shops.
And even with that, I always lack of rare, epic and indeed legendary components, but they're cheap (now... Because it wasn't the case a while ago^^) :)

The best thing to do is write down how much each component costs and then see how many you get for breaking them down and see if selling it costs more or less.

Top Bottom