When to expect first reviews

+
Wtf, why did they send a ps4 version of the game to a PC magazine?

They must still be tweaking KB/M controls. :troll:

But seriously, that is strange. That means the first round of reviews next week will all be PS4 version. If they are delivering PC code this week or next then PC reviews probably won't be out until around release day.

Last edited:
always check out user-reviews over gaming media sites. They make deals and get paid accordingly, and the reviews themselves are not honest because of that.

Wtf, why did they send a ps4 version of the game to a PC magazine?

(ish GT):

"Currently, we are playing the PS4 version. Specific questions about PC version we are about to answer only once we have received a testable version including Day-One-Patch. This will reach us according to developers in any case prior to publication."

Personally, being games, movies, art, etc, I really don't care what reviewers have to say. First, all of it is highly subjective. Then, I don't like to hear or see a "review" by someone who sounds like today's version of Bill and Ted, but that's just me.

And it is not an "embargo". If anything, it would be a gag order.

(ish GT):

"Currently, we are playing the PS4 version. Specific questions about PC version we are about to answer only once we have received a testable version including Day-One-Patch. This will reach us according to developers in any case prior to publication."
I have read this but this doesn't answer the question why CDP didn't send them a pc version. I knew GAmespot got a ps4 version but considering gamespot is multi-plattform I assumed the ps4 is just the preferable plattform for CDP to send copies for whatever reasons. But not giving a PC gaming magazine the pc version for a review seems very weird and makes me doubt we will get any pc reviews on the 12th.

Personally, being games, movies, art, etc, I really don't care what reviewers have to say. First, all of it is highly subjective. Then, I don't like to hear or see a "review" by someone who sounds like today's version of Bill and Ted, but that's just me.

And it is not an "embargo". If anything, it would be a gag order.

I found reviewers to be at least somewhat of a measure, specially for an AAA title. If a game gets REALLY bad reviews, chances are, it actually is pretty bad. Sure, one review alone doesn't mean much, but taking like 5 to 10 and every reviews says similar things, chances are, they are correct.

I have read this but this doesn't answer the question why CDP didn't send them a pc version. I knew GAmespot got a ps4 version but considering gamespot is multi-plattform I assumed the ps4 is just the preferable plattform for CDP to send copies for whatever reasons. But not giving a PC gaming magazine the pc version for a review seems very weird and makes me doubt we will get any pc reviews on the 12th.

At least we will get thorough reviews in time, if they already are playing "a" version of the game for a considerable amount of time.

Last edited:
always check out user-reviews over gaming media sites. They make deals and get paid accordingly, and the reviews themselves are not honest because of that.

User reviews are really no better in that regard. They are overrun with fanboys, marketers and all sorts of biased opinions driving user scores up and down. For instance, a Bioware employee got caught writing a review that shat all over the Witcher 2 and promoted Dragon Age 2. If you really are on the fence, the best thing to do is look for individual opinions you think are trustworthy and cross reference that with just watching raw footage on your own to inform your purchasing decision.

If they are delivering PC code this week or next then PC reviews probably won't be out until around release day.
I did warn everyone(in the other thread) that any and all changes will be in the Day1 patch, to prepare for it, guess nobody listened :p

As pointed out by Scryar:
Scryar said:
Specific questions about PC version we are about to answer only once we have received a testable version including Day-One-Patch.

(ish GT):

Am I the only one guessing that one of the reasons for day 1 patch is to fix/improve the kb+m option? This could also explain why youtube reviewers that were invited to Poland(AngryJoe, Gopher,etc...) weren't given the option to preview the WItcher 3 with kb+m....

Because they didnt send regular review codes yet, even for PS4. They send only codes and even consoles with installed game for development/debug version of PS4. I read somewhere that they will send regular review codes for all versions in monday.

Last edited:
When his review goes up, most people will have finished the story anyway. :D

Don't think so. He prolly have a review copy and playing atm. Most reviews will be around, his included, before we even start playing the game I guess. And ıt'll take time to finish the story. It'll take much more time for me and the ones like me, planning to explore every inch of the game :D

I found reviewers to be at least somewhat of a measure, specially for an AAA title. If a game gets REALLY bad reviews, chances are, it actually is pretty bad. Sure, one review alone doesn't mean much, but taking like 5 to 10 and every reviews says similar things, chances are, they are correct.

At least we will get thorough reviews in time, if they already are playing "a" version of the game for a considerable amount of time.

I guess it is because the PC version needs the activator-Day oen patch and there is no way of JUST giving them the day one patch.

i bet you IGN gives this game a 8 or lower just cause they are the worst reviewers. The only games they give 9+'s to are for ALL Call of Dutys & GTA 5..its terrible... I cant stand that dude Ryan McCafry hes sucha douche same with Greggy or w.e his name is...atleast they sound like douches lol

i bet you IGN gives this game a 8 or lower just cause they are the worst reviewers. The only games they give 9+'s to are for ALL Call of Dutys & GTA 5..its terrible... I cant stand that dude Ryan McCafry hes sucha douche same with Greggy or w.e his name is...atleast they sound like douches lol

And maybe an 8 is exactly the score, TW3 deserves, how would you know before you have played the game for at least 10+h?

Scores are such a terrible way to judge games. Or anything for that matter.

Looking forward to the Gamespot review after that fantastic series. I'm sure they'll keep it free of spoilers.

Top Bottom