When to get free roam and fast travel in each district in Night City

+
SPOILER ALERT - The following tells which main jobs (missions) give access to all 6 districts. It's for anyone, for example those early in the game who are curious to know when the districts are accessible for free roaming and fast travel.

Watson District and its sub districts

The early part of the Ripperdoc main job gives free roam and fast travel in Watson. It's the main job right after the Prologue. And it's when you first exit the large building where your home apartment is, and you see the awesome view of the city.

The rest of the districts: Westbrook, City Center, Heywood, Santo Domingo and Pacifica (and their sub districts)

The early part of The Space In Between main job gives free roam in all the 5 remaining districts. It's about the 12th job including the Prologue jobs. Three of the districts, Westbrook, City Center and Santo Domingo will have one or two fast travel icons. You can get more of them by walking or driving around in the districts. To get fast travel in Heywood and Pacifica you have to walk or drive into them to get the first fast travel icon in each of the two districts. Since you already have free roam it's not much trouble to walk fast or drive to those two districts. And to get more fast travel icons you walk/drive further into the districts.

As you probably already know the fast travel icons only appear on the map at the Tourist Information Kiosks and Transport Stations. So it takes about 12 missions including the prologue to finally get free roam and fast travel in all of Night City. I did those missions but to me that's too many because I'm more used to the Witcher 3 style where you just do a few missions and you get the whole world map. Except Skellige takes one or two additional missions.

Edit: Oh and the ultimate for fast access to every map in a game is Unreal, the original for those like me who play games for the graphics and not very much for the story. You don't even have to enter the gameplay. That's right, you can just enter any map from the main menu. Just 5 easy steps and in about 20 minutes from this very moment you are reading this sentence you can go into any map.

1. Download Unreal or Unreal Gold (it's a small file size.) 2. Install the game. 3. Find list of map names for Unreal from an internet search. 4. Start game. 5. In the main menu go into the command line mode with the tilde key ( ~ ) and enter the command without the quotes "open mapname" where mapname is a map name from the list. Hit enter and there you are in the map. Can't do the story but you can roam around. Not an open world game but it has several maps. Sorry for the off topic form 1998 but it's to emphasize the comparison to the hassle to get full world access in Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
Top Bottom