When Tutoring Goes Wrong (MM Edition)

+
I've now seen the day where AA and Blood Eagle are considered "good design" and Coup de Grace "bad design", and now people argue for giving NG their own AA.

Noobs have become so reliant on just picking whatever card they want whenever they want that they think it's somehow good for the game.
Other factions see this brokenness and curse their own for being balanced, they become envious and want to just look at their deck and pick what they want whenever they want as well. This is natural.

I don't think I've ever seen so many misplays at Rank 1 as now, but cards like these allows people to get away with it.
The devs heads are so far in the other direction now that I don't think they'll ever realize how damaging these cards are to the game before it's too late.

Judging by the inane Vabjorn change there'll be many more "fun" tutor chains ahead.

Rant over.

I've now seen the day where AA and Blood Eagle are considered "good design" and Coup de Grace "bad design", and now people argue for giving NG their own AA.

Noobs have become so reliant on just picking whatever card they want whenever they want that they think it's somehow good for the game.
Other factions see this brokenness and curse their own for being balanced, they become envious and want to just look at their deck and pick what they want whenever they want as well. This is natural.

I don't think I've ever seen so many misplays at Rank 1 as now, but cards like these allows people to get away with it.
The devs heads are so far in the other direction now that I don't think they'll ever realize how damaging these cards are to the game before it's too late.

Judging by the inane Vabjorn change there'll be many more "fun" tutor chains ahead.

Rant over.
Lol NG has more tutors than any other faction, who's asking for more? If we go down that road then other factions will then want their own Coup because despite devs saying they want to remove double plays that's exactly what Coup de Grace does. A double ball player can trigger their entire scenario in a single turn thanks to that card.

Tutors shouldn't be a thing but even more than that echos should not be a thing....and certainly not echo tutors.

In my opinion tutoring made the game less exciting and much more simplified.

One year ago you had to put some thought into deckbuilding and consider Plan B if you don't draw the cards you need. Now you can put pretty much anything you like in the deck and with high probability you will get all the required cards.

This made the games very predictable - now they all follow the same path.

I agree that tutoring in Gwent has gotten out of hand eliminating the need to adjust to not drawing cards as well as a lot of strategy in deck building including contingency cards and deck thinning.

But some tutoring does have value. I appreciate the ability to tutor copper cards: tutoring that allows decks to be built around otherwise lower value if not unusable cards, or tutoring of low value tech so potential bricks don’t have to be kept in hand.

In my opinion tutoring made the game less exciting and much more simplified.

One year ago you had to put some thought into deckbuilding and consider Plan B if you don't draw the cards you need. Now you can put pretty much anything you like in the deck and with high probability you will get all the required cards.

This made the games very predictable - now they all follow the same path.

- Agreed.
I will have to add one more thing aswell.

- Ever since we got the whole "devotion" concept things have gotten even worse since some factions have considerably better tutors in terms of power and consistency than others making the others to break devotion if they want to complete.
Breaking devotion can be really bad for some factions.
For example there's LITERALLY no comparison between MOs Naglfar and NRs Amphibious Assault, I have more examples mind you.

- Imo tutors should gtfo, oneiro and matta can stay if you want since they make a faction choose between playing "devotion" or "hybrid" cause as it is now in most cases devotion don't mean s*** when it comes to control and consistency.

I think they can take tutors of the game, but needs to add more cards tô thinning The decks.

Also, i think The first hand should be more rules than only luck. Maybe 5 cards needs to be Gold, or The total of the 10 cards should be XX provision or more.

Already lost games 2:0 because i only get 2 golds in The 2 drops and thats is ridiculous.

Top Bottom