When will the Current Season end?

+
Ok seriously now. This question has been asked so many times. I remember two months ago there were rumors, that a season would be about two months. I also remember that CD:project commented that they haven't yet decided how long the season should be and that they'd notify us soon. It has been quite a while since "soon". I am actually confused about this cause I have had only extremely positive experiences with CDP in the past. This complete lack of information doesnt really seem to fit with my favourite developer.

Last edited:
Yeah c'mon guys, it has been anything but "soon." Hit the reset button please, or at least give us some approximation of a (hopefully not too distant) date.

Wraf

Forum regular
Please CDPR, I think it's waaay past time you give us a ETA, even if it's a vague ETA, at least give us Something. When does the season end approximativly ?

I'm holding on 20 kegs + right now ! Unberable

Wraf;n9268151 said:
Please CDPR, I think it's waaay past time you give us a ETA, even if it's a vague ETA, at least give us Something. When does the season end approximativly ?

I'm holding on 20 kegs + right now ! Unberable

Have strength, my love. I know the feeling. Looking at 57 kegs right now + ~ 20 kegs as season end reward.

nunqmuo;n9269901 said:
Have strength, my love. I know the feeling. Looking at 57 kegs right now + ~ 20 kegs as season end reward.

Same situation...
i have 76 +19 as end of The season... For now

I think they 're focused On The end of The month competition (and/or On holidays) cause no news from them for a long time...

each day i'm more afraid it will be at The end of august...

cheers,

MrTepes.

P.S: sorry about my english.

Yes, it's pretty obvious by now that they're not going to throw in big changes 2 weeks before the tournament. Simply put, when you throw in 20 new cards plus dozen of balance changes, you're bound to have to balance the game again after 2-4 weeks of new data, because there's no way to get it right right away. That's what happened with the OB patch, balanced in July (balance took longer and 2 patches to happen because of how massive the number of changes were though). So introducing all those changes now would mean that it would be very hard to get the game balanced properly by the tournament. It's better to let the tournament pass, patch right afterwards, and have the time to gather data and balance in the following weeks in September.

CDPR is most probably going to introduce to us the remaining cards in the following to weeks, then do a stream, and we'll get the patch late august /beginning of September.

Also, I can't really agree with anyone complaining that CDPR isn't giving an exact ETA here. They already warned that during Beta such thing would happen, so except if they do that after launch, I don't see what's the problem. Anyone not okay with bugs, big changes, balance problems, delayed patches or seasons shouldn't play a game still in Beta stage.

Last edited:
When are you all going to leave this BETA crap talk to explain everything that is not right?
They are making tournaments with it for god sake.

As I already said at the GwentDB Forum: I think it isn't that smart of CDPR to delay this Patch that much. Because of the new Cards I (and I think many many others) are saving kegs right now. I own 33 kegs right now and will get 2 or 3 kegs a day. Than there will also be the rewards for my rank, so I will be able to open many kegs, when the patch hits. And for now I also have something around 3k of scraps (as cards) to craft some stuff.
If they would like to earn some money by releasing new cards they should really do this faster.

Oh man srsly?! Late August? That sucks I'm so sick of this, cards should've been out last week at the latest.

rogeriofi;n9271791 said:
When are you all going to leave this BETA crap talk to explain everything that is not right?
They are making tournaments with it for god sake.

When this game will leave its beta stage, obviously. You play a game in Beta, expect things that happen in Beta to happen. If you can't deal with this, wait for the release. What's difficult to understand here?

This is so disappointing! The game is getting stale. Other games like hearthstone and legends have seasons of just 1 month. There also soo few cards to experiment with. And at the current release rate we will only have like 60 new cards by the end of the year, which is extremely lackluster.

I don't wanna be all gloom and doom but the current pace of things really doesn't seem very promising for any future appeal to me. And what's with the radio silence, any information they can give would really benefit their pr and some clarity will put many a mind at ease I would think. I'm starting to think we'll have to wait another three weeks for any sort of update.

I guess I'm going to have to scratch my ccg itch somewhere else for now.

mrfoureyes;n9272341 said:
This is so disappointing! The game is getting stale. Other games like hearthstone and legends have seasons of just 1 month. There also soo few cards to experiment with. And at the current release rate we will only have like 60 new cards by the end of the year, which is extremely lackluster.

I don't wanna be all gloom and doom but the current pace of things really doesn't seem very promising for any future appeal to me. And what's with the radio silence, any information they can give would really benefit their pr and some clarity will put many a mind at ease I would think. I'm starting to think we'll have to wait another three weeks for any sort of update.

THANK YOU. finally someone who agrees with me, and i wouldnt even care about the game really its just that it is GWENT and its amazing, hence why it hurts so much seeing it get crappier every day and knowing it wont get better according to the statements made by the devs.

Do you realize that Gwent is on Open Beta stage for about 2 months only!? For your info, HS Open Beta was released on January 2014, and the first expansion was just released almost 1 year later, by December 2014.

About the season length, the pace of Gwent games are much slower then the ones you are comparing to. There's no "rushing" a game of gwent, there's no "aggro". No matter what, you'll have to play 2-3 rounds to finish a game, and the rounds have a very stable length on average. So taking into account that Gwent games are more time demanding, a longer season, aka 2 months, is much more reasonable. The last video I watched from the Dev Team, they were very clear that they still didn't have decided the length of seasons. They hinted something around 2 months, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a feedback pretty soon, maybe on the next 2 weeks or so.

Keep up the good work guys, this game is amazing already, and I'm sure you'll keep surprising us and improving it much further.

This is so disappointing! The game is getting stale. Other games like hearthstone and legends have seasons of just 1 month.
I'm also getting fed up with the season dragging on forever, but as a long time Hearthstone player, (and someone who's spend way too much on that game) I have to point out a few things:

1) I would not wish Gwent to have the pace of card release that Hearthstone has. They've gone up to 3 expansions per year (390+ cards per year). Coupled with them making the old expansions unavailable to buy and laziness in balancing cards, I'm increasingly coming to the thinking they don't give a damn about their player base.

2) The reward system in Hearthstone is pitiful in comparison to Gwent. With just the 6 and 12 round quest rewards in Gwent, I've been crafting a legend every 3 days on average. It takes about 3-4 weeks for me to do the same in Hearthstone with a similar amount of play. HS might reset every month, but again the season rank rewards are paltry.

Theodrik;n9273531 said:
Do you realize that Gwent is on Open Beta stage for about 2 months only!? For your info, HS Open Beta was released on January 2014, and the first expansion was just released almost 1 year later, by December 2014.

About the season length, the pace of Gwent games are much slower then the ones you are comparing to. There's no "rushing" a game of gwent, there's no "aggro". No matter what, you'll have to play 2-3 rounds to finish a game, and the rounds have a very stable length on average. So taking into account that Gwent games are more time demanding, a longer season, aka 2 months, is much more reasonable. The last video I watched from the Dev Team, they were very clear that they still didn't have decided the length of seasons. They hinted something around 2 months, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a feedback pretty soon, maybe on the next 2 weeks or so.

Keep up the good work guys, this game is amazing already, and I'm sure you'll keep surprising us and improving it much further.

Hearthstone open beta started on January 21 2014. The full game was released march 11. That's less then 2 months later. They released naxxramas on July 22th which added the first new cards, so that did take a little while. However Hearthstone started with 382 cards whilst Gwent has 305 cards right now I believe (not counting alternate arts like reavers), a much larger part of which were neutral leading to many more deckbuilding options per class. Aside from this Hearthstone already had it's arena mode since late alpha, which was a very welcome addition and greatly added to the lasting appeal of the game in my opinion.

I just really hope we get enough content over the next couple of months to sustain a lasting appeal and prevent the game from becoming stale. The current state of the game and very slow rate of expansion might not suffice for me, personally. I'm getting tired off facing the same decks over and over again with very few distinguishing features, especially in ranked.

Shorter seasons and new cards are what would make ranked and the game in general more enjoyable, I believe. As there would be a more continuous cycle of learning new interactions, experimentation with new cards and mechanics and new deckbuilding innovation, making each season different and fun. But perhaps most players are just much more patient then me. And don't get me wrong, I love the game and content that we do have, but at this point I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Coupled with a lack of communication on CDPR's end, it makes me wanna invest my time somewhere else.

Ive said it before, i really dont think 20 cards a month will make any difference at all, but I really really hope im mistaken and they shut me up. On a different note....how is hearthstone nowdays? I used to be addicted and looking at things with gwent i might jump ship... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom