Can it even be finished/completed only with patches?
patches and updates replace years of development?
It largely depends on what you want or expect. People keep saying, "What they promised!" But what people perceive as what they promised versus what the developers think they promised is pretty big.
Things that will never happen:
* An entire story arc for the Life Paths separate from the main game. Those were broken up into the main quest like helping Panam and the Aldecados and Judy for the Street Kid.
* Multiplayer because they haven't gotten the actual game working yet.
* A Militech plot that from all appearances does not exist, never will exist, and was never planned in the first place.
* Working for the GCPD beyond the bounty hunting.
* Full frontal nudity, especially when they went to such elaborate lengths to get back in PS4's good graces.
* Flying cars beyond their use in cutscenes.
* Every door being able to be opened since most of them are just decorative.
* Third person mode because the game is ridiculously crafted for first.
* Routines for NPCs because they can barely generate them walking now and the random generated ones are a mess that fixing will require a lot of work.