When will the game be finished?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to complain or defame anyone. Haven't been following Cyberpunk 2077 for the past 4-5 months so I am a bit out of touch about the updates and all.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

I personally loved the game but there was limited content to do after the story line in my opinion hence I left thinking of coming back when there are more updates and maybe even a DLC. It has been about 7-8 months post release. What are the updates? Does the game deliver everything it has promised before? and when are we looking at a DLC release date. Or have these already been implemented? Are there any new features? bug fixes? game optimization already done?

Please let me know thanks!

Last edited:

lelxrv

Forum veteran
We don't have exact dates, but if you don't intend to follow CP77 closely, check for GOTY/2.0/Ultimate version every now and then. It should include all DLCs/expansions and patches. I believe no reason to bother before late 2022.

What they advertised was marketing fluff. They can't fulfill it. But there will be some improvements and updates.

NMS is the proof, that it's possible to fix a botched launch. I suspected CDPR didn't want to publish updates with additional content until the game was back on the PS store, so they focused on bugfixes. im curious what the next major update includes, the forums are full of suggestions. Personally, I hope they fix the placeholder areas on the map. I had some fun boundary breaking the game, the map is INSANELY huge, but apart from the city, it's more or less just a bunch of hills and valleys, with some janky stuff here and there. I was really disappointed when i first started exploring pacifica, almost the entire eastern side consist of placeholder buildings without collision, same with the stadium and the mall. The entire Arasaka waterfront is empty as well. Some parts of the open map feel reaaaally shallow when you start exploring, especially because there are remnants of cut content everywhere.

The game still has a lot of potential and really hope CDPR makes the best out of the situation and fixes/completes/expands the game. I'd be seriously disappointed if the just moved on.

I do not want to complain or defame anyone. Haven't been following Cyberpunk 2077 for the past 4-5 months so I am a bit out of touch about the updates and all.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

I personally loved the game but there was limited content to do after the story line in my opinion hence I left thinking of coming back when there are more updates and maybe even a DLC. It has been about 7-8 months post release. What are the updates? Does the game deliver everything it has promised before? and when are we looking at a DLC release date. Or have these already been implemented? Are there any new features? bug fixes? game optimization already done?

I would said and I hope : "never !"
Like many games, even years after their release, they have (free) updates. So I hope, in few years, we will also see updates/patchs/whatever... :)

Last edited:
You know exactly this isn't what he meant by finished
"Finished", it's rather "vague".
Finished in sense, CDPR have done enough work on it, the game will always stay in the current state ?
Finished in sense, to be finished, the game will have to look like what some players dream of ?
Finished in sense, the game is good enough, but CDPR will stay work on it for years ?

Only CDPR can answer it, but I hope it will be the 3rd :)
(take an example, Minecraft was "finished" with the 1.7.3 in 2013, but it's in 1.17 now, and 1.18 later)

Last edited:
"Finished", it's rather "vague".
Finished in sense, CDPR have done enough work on it, the game will always stay in the current state ?
Finished in sense, to be finished, the game will have to look like what some players dream of ?
Finished in sense, the game is good enough, but CDPR will stay work on it for years ?
Finished in the sense of finished. Free of the vast majority of bugs, glitches and issues. With DLCs dropped.
Would you describe Witcher 3 as unfinished?

Finished in the sense of finished. Free of the vast majority of bugs, glitches and issues. With DLCs dropped.
Would you describe Witcher 3 as unfinished?
Yep, I agree... Unfortunately, TW3 is well "finished", but I would have preferred that it is not the case... more contents for TW3, that's could be awesome (for me at least).
Another DLC, I buy/pre-order it right now !

Lot of games are "finished" well too early in my opinion :(

Yep, I agree... Unfortunately, TW3 is well "finished", but I would have preferred that it is not the case... more contents for TW3, that's could be awesome (for me at least).

I understand that.
I guess at some point everything has an end, but hey, the Witcher 4 is in the works.

My guess is, that we will see DLC at the end of the year and hopefully updates to the main game, which will start adding missing features. Whether they will "overhaul" or improve on the choice matter in the game, which to me is one of the most severe missing features, I don't know, as it would require a lot of work. Hopefully they will also add a lot of extra content to the life paths, so they become more meaningful.

But honestly, it have been such a long time since they have informed/updated people, that I guess it can go anywhere. We still only have the loose "apology" video, which is not very specific in regards to what exactly they plan on doing, at least what I know.

WHEN WILL THE GAME BE FINISHED?​

There was a 'roadmap' of sorts that showed them supporting patches and DLCs over the course of this year. So earliest possible answer that seems to carry some merit would be end of this year. (for lach of any known planned stuff beyond 2021)

From the remainder of your text however, I understand you've watche much of the surrounding hype and marketing.
Then the answer can be anything between 'someday' and 'never'

I have to agree. Some people think it is silly to want your games to last for years. But that cavalier sentiment never stopped games like Everquest or WOW. If enough players are willing to pay for it, or a few are willing to pay a LOT for it (relatively), then heck yes keep making DLC for a game.

I would have gladly paid $100 a year to keep getting DLC for Fallout 4 or Oblivion or Half life. I mean that is why those games are STILL being played years to a decade later, because the worlds are great and there is on going DLC in the form of mods.

Games with amazing world building, players like me just want a good excuse other than playing your 18th play thru to revisit once in a while. Too often "sequel" games are altered and re-con so they do not feel like revisiting the same world.

People do not get sick of going back to Disneyland over and over again as long as they throw in one or two new rides once in a while. :p

Last edited:

I only finished my first play-through of TW3 GOTYE last week, my life would be complete if they dropped some new dlc.. 😌 Would anyone ever get fed up with new Witcher cont?? CDPR should've gone wild with expansions!! If Rocky Balboa can come out of retirement a dozen times, then Geralt can at least do it ONCE 😄

By "finished" I mean, what they promised would be there at release. Unless you are being sarcastic.

It depends what you think they promised because a lot of people had very specific ideas in their heads that was never actually promised. Not even alluded to.

For example, I know a poster who insists there's a huge Militech questline that was cut with Meredith Stout despite the fact Meredith can die as a result of your actions in her adventure.

He doesn't want to accept the Corpo plot was working for Arasaka with Goro.

Guest 3847602

It depends what you think they promised because a lot of people had very specific ideas in their heads that was never actually promised. Not even alluded to.

For example, I know a poster who insists there's a huge Militech questline that was cut with Meredith Stout despite the fact Meredith can die as a result of your actions in her adventure.

He doesn't want to accept the Corpo plot was working for Arasaka with Goro.
...or thousands of NPCs with different behaviour
...or environmental hazards
...or bribing the cops
...or joinable factions
...or 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
...or flying AVs
...or riding trains
...or purchasing apartments
...or 3rd person camera

Pure fantasy, wishful thinking, mistranslations, or, sometimes, outdated information being passed as "promised features". :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
...or thousands of NPCs with different behaviour
...or environmental hazards
...or bribing the cops
...or joinable factions
...or 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
...or flying AVs
...or riding trains
...or purchasing apartments
...or 3rd person camera

Pure fantasy, wishful thinking, mistranslations, or, sometimes, outdated information being passed as "promised features". :facepalm:

^
this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom