When will the game be finished?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it even be finished/completed only with patches?
patches and updates replace years of development?

It largely depends on what you want or expect. People keep saying, "What they promised!" But what people perceive as what they promised versus what the developers think they promised is pretty big.

Things that will never happen:

* An entire story arc for the Life Paths separate from the main game. Those were broken up into the main quest like helping Panam and the Aldecados and Judy for the Street Kid.
* Multiplayer because they haven't gotten the actual game working yet.
* A Militech plot that from all appearances does not exist, never will exist, and was never planned in the first place.
* Working for the GCPD beyond the bounty hunting.
* Full frontal nudity, especially when they went to such elaborate lengths to get back in PS4's good graces.
* Flying cars beyond their use in cutscenes.
* Every door being able to be opened since most of them are just decorative.
* Third person mode because the game is ridiculously crafted for first.
* Routines for NPCs because they can barely generate them walking now and the random generated ones are a mess that fixing will require a lot of work.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

There is no hope I am afraid.
Game still performs badly, AI is still braindead. Police and NPC, enemy AI have the same unrealistic, dumb reactions, behavior.
Cyberpunk 2077_2021.07.13-09.07_1080p.png

SSR is still grainy. Streaming issue with textures still present. Spawning and despawning is still visible.
Downgrade and city getting more like a ghost town is another sad reality.
No customization included after so much time.

Last edited:
By "finished" I mean, what they promised would be there at release. Unless you are being sarcastic.
No, he was actually right. The game you have now is the same you'll have in 5 years time, more or less. CDPR clearly stated they're satisfied with the game ("it got 9 and 10 on PC"), they just had a problem with the game (unfairly for some big fans of CDPR) not being available on PlayStation store. Now the game is back and they can move to paid DLCs and the glorious marketing campaign that surely won't be misleading in any way. But worry not, some magnificent free DLCs will come soon with a couple of skins for the "romance-able" NPCs and small cut content missions. Same as Witcher 3.

Personally, I do hope that CDPR themselves consider the game done for good at this point and move to Witcher 4, trying not to make the same mistakes again and deliver a better game. There will be time after that to make cp2177 (or whatever they'll call it) a great game.

Personally, I do hope that CDPR themselves consider the game done for good at this point and move to Witcher 4, trying not to make the same mistakes again and deliver a better game. There will be time after that to make cp2177 (or whatever they'll call it) a great game.

Underwhelmed by Cyberpunk 2077 as I was, I have far more interest in more Cyberpunk 2077 than Witcher 4 because the 3rd game wrapped up the series pretty convincingly.

I don't expect them to make the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME for cyberpunk 2077 via patches but there's plenty of things they can do with it.

Underwhelmed by Cyberpunk 2077 as I was, I have far more interest in more Cyberpunk 2077 than Witcher 4 because the 3rd game wrapped up the series pretty convincingly.

I don't expect them to make the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME for cyberpunk 2077 via patches but there's plenty of things they can do with it.
It's not a matter of Witcher 4 for me, it's just that we know it will come before the next cyberpunk. It was just a way to say "their next game started from scratch".

I was definitely more interested in cp77 than Witcher 4, but we got what we got.

It should be obvious by now that their focus has been on improving performance on last gen consoles as well as fixing the major bugs, and now that the game has had its comeback on the Playstation store, they can start working on expanding it, preferably with a couple of free DLCs to appease their fanbase and hopefully a Witcher 3 Style expansion later on.

I consider the game finished in the meaning of having enough content for more than 200 hours if you do all the content, which is basically what games are intended for, to entertain and complete the content it has.

my first playthrough was a mishmash and i didn't understood it very well, still i spent around 50 hours on it.

on my current playthrough im already level 50 and havent met Panam yet, still busy with all sidejobs and gigs, bought several cars.

truth is i've seen many places and land for sale, i thought of being able to purchase another appartment or a house in the outskirts of nc, or a business or a flying personal vehicle.

i'm pretty much having fun with the game and the several combinations of gameplay that offers, i guess we will see more content in the future,
rushing content is a no win situation for everyone.

Do u really believe that? Do you really believe they are satisfied with that big bold warning not to download it? Kinda naiv....
[/QUOTE]
They cannot improve performances enough to remove that disclaimer. It's literally impossibile for them without redoing their game from scratch. It will never look good on old gen base consoles. They were already satisfied with the game's features and how it ran on pc back then, the only problem for cdpr, admittedly, was the old gen performances that prevented the game to be sold on PS store. Now you can buy it, they're satisfied.

They cannot improve performances enough to remove that disclaimer. It's literally impossibile for them without redoing their game from scratch. It will never look good on old gen base consoles. They were already satisfied with the game's features and how it ran on pc back then, the only problem for cdpr, admittedly, was the old gen performances that prevented the game to be sold on PS store. Now you can buy it, they're satisfied.

Frankly, blaming the older hardware for the issue is an easy cop out for them given how poorly optimized and bug ridden the material was. Even the stuff on the computer versions and PS5 were far from machine ready. If they had to remove features to get it to work on PS4 then it's better than releasing it in a state that doesn't work.

Frankly, blaming the older hardware for the issue is an easy cop out for them given how poorly optimized and bug ridden the material was. Even the stuff on the computer versions and PS5 were far from machine ready. If they had to remove features to get it to work on PS4 then it's better than releasing it in a state that doesn't work.
Tell me about it, I played it on PS5 and it was a disaster. They fucked up when decided to develop it for Uber PC and then port it on much less performing machines. Every developer knows you should immediately work for the lower end of the spectrum and then upgrade it for the better hardware and not the opposite. I don't know why the went for that "crazy" and unusual way. :shrug:

Tell me about it, I played it on PS5 and it was a disaster. They fucked up when decided to develop it for Uber PC and then port it on much less performing machines. Every developer knows you should immediately work for the lower end of the spectrum and then upgrade it for the better hardware and not the opposite. I don't know why the went for that "crazy" and unusual way. :shrug:
Greed and unchecked ambitions. They should have delayed the launch or, at the very least, release the game on PC first, but when you spend half of your budget on marketing, you have to meet your deadlines.

Don't know when it'll be finished, but when you can mod the game by adding more user-generated content (quests with markers) without crashing the game, then it's finished.

CDPR may release small DLC's (QoL improvements) and later some big DLC's (story-,missions), but I don't expect them to make a dozen DLC's (even paid ones).

I just hope they'll release mod-tools when they're done, so modders can add more story and content post-launch after the last DLC is released.

I sincerely hope I don't have to rely on mods for walking, the 'grey shoulder-bug', spawning of NPCs right in front of you or low texture-streaming.

Last edited:
As usual, **something special has happened** - person who knows, knows. - My opinion is that we will wait for 2 years or so until game has any changes/mediocre additions made and that nothing at all will change in regards to core due to strategy this company that has specifically and primarily oriented objectives that are linked with specific type of paper/plastic and metallic objects that are prioritized above anything else due to deals made with people who decided to back this game for their own future rewards.
Post automatically merged:

...or thousands of NPCs with different behaviour
...or environmental hazards
...or bribing the cops
...or joinable factions
...or 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
...or flying AVs
...or riding trains
...or purchasing apartments
...or 3rd person camera

Pure fantasy, wishful thinking, mistranslations, or, sometimes, outdated information being passed as "promised features". :facepalm:

Lol, no I dont think so, I mean yea sure, you can say that because there was a watermark stating that game may change drastically as its still in development, but a lot of stuff showcased in gameplays and discussed by devs never made it to game without any announcements of those things not making the game.

So its a two sided sword really because yes, people hyped themselves but those who didnt follow all of the released media by this .... company .... were still aware of some features that were showcased and discussed by never since mentioned about their removal or whatever.

Last edited:
Lol, no I dont think so, I mean yea sure, you can say that because there was a watermark stating that game may change drastically as its still in development, but a lot of stuff showcased in gameplays and discussed by devs never made it to game without any announcements of those things not making the game.

So its a two sided sword really because yes, people hyped themselves but those who didnt follow all of the released media by this .... company .... were still aware of some features that were showcased and discussed by never since mentioned about their removal or whatever.

Honestly, I kind of wished they'd ripped out the stuff that made the game impossible to run on older hardware and stuck to telling a good story.

Every fan has their priorities and mine is that it's missing about 10 hours of story content versus whether or not I could eat at food stands.

Guest 3847602

Oh, really? :-/
Let's examine it, one, by one, then.

1) thousands of NPCs with different behaviour
Mistranslation, already explained here

2) environmental hazards
People getting hyped over something CDPR never said:

Okay, sure. I assume you'll have dynamic weather in Cyberpunk 2077, right?

Yeah, we've got acid rain as well. Night City is a very polluted city and we're also exploring that kind of stuff, pollution and global warming and everything.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-interview-accessible-non-shooter-fans/

3) bribing the cops
Same as the above - CDPR said corrupt police will be present (it is), they didn't say V will be able to bribe them.
1625544207834.png

4) joinable factions
Question has been asked a hundred times and the answer was always "NO" and nothing else.

5) 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
Lifepaths were never meant to be different storylines, it's not how they work in the PnP game (they are backgrounds, origin stories), this feature wasn't advertised as such, either. Here is the link, go to 1:36 when he talks about lifepaths:
https://www.ign.com/videos/cyberpun...-of-endings-romance-options-next-gen-versions

6) flying AVs

GC: Was it implied you’d be able to drive flying cars as well?

MP: You won’t be able to control flying cars but they will be used for missions for crucial things. But the main way to get through will be on foot, cars, and bikes.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/20/cybe...-of-this-as-you-did-with-the-witcher-7646316/

7) riding trains
Its removal was a public knowledge by June 2020.
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-removed-features-wall-running/

8) purchasing apartments
Same as the above, except it's been known for one year longer:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...asia-redesuik-gamestar-de-interview.11008165/

9) 3rd person camera
Cyberpunk 2077 was always advertised as a 1st person game outside of a few cutscenes from the start. Switching to 3rd person in gameplay was never, ever a possibility. When cutscenes "phased out of the game" they were public about it. See the link to point #7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not want to complain or defame anyone. Haven't been following Cyberpunk 2077 for the past 4-5 months so I am a bit out of touch about the updates and all.

As the title says, I just want to ask when will the game be "finished"? And when are we allowed to dream for a DLC?

I personally loved the game but there was limited content to do after the story line in my opinion hence I left thinking of coming back when there are more updates and maybe even a DLC. It has been about 7-8 months post release. What are the updates? Does the game deliver everything it has promised before? and when are we looking at a DLC release date. Or have these already been implemented? Are there any new features? bug fixes? game optimization already done?

Please let me know thanks!

When people have forgotten it and no amount of content updates would make people come back.

Oh, really? :-/
Let's examine it, one, by one, then.

1) thousands of NPCs with different behaviour
Mistranslation, already explained here

2) environmental hazards
People getting hyped over something CDPR never said:

Okay, sure. I assume you'll have dynamic weather in Cyberpunk 2077, right?

Yeah, we've got acid rain as well. Night City is a very polluted city and we're also exploring that kind of stuff, pollution and global warming and everything.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-interview-accessible-non-shooter-fans/

3) bribing the cops
Same as the above - CDPR said corrupt police will be present (it is), they didn't say V will be able to bribe them.
View attachment 11236126

4) joinable factions
Question has been asked a hundred times and the answer was always "NO" and nothing else.

5) 1 lifepath = 1 different storyline
Lifepaths were never meant to be different storylines, it's not how they work in the PnP game (they are backgrounds, origin stories), this feature wasn't advertised as such, either. Here is the link, go to 1:36 when he talks about lifepaths:
https://www.ign.com/videos/cyberpun...-of-endings-romance-options-next-gen-versions

6) flying AVs

GC: Was it implied you’d be able to drive flying cars as well?

MP: You won’t be able to control flying cars but they will be used for missions for crucial things. But the main way to get through will be on foot, cars, and bikes.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/20/cybe...-of-this-as-you-did-with-the-witcher-7646316/

7) riding trains
Its removal was a public knowledge by June 2020.
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-removed-features-wall-running/

8) purchasing apartments
Same as the above, except it's been known for one year longer:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...asia-redesuik-gamestar-de-interview.11008165/

9) 3rd person camera
Cyberpunk 2077 was always advertised as a 1st person game outside of a few cutscenes from the start. Switching to 3rd person in gameplay was never, ever a possibility. When cutscenes "phased out of the game" they were public about it. See the link to point #7.

The problem with all of this is that most people, and I am 100% certain of this, do not follow the interviews and read articles about any game's development before buying it. I did, you did and plenty of others did but the vast majority doesn't. Heck, I did and you corrected me on the thousand NPCs with routines bit because it was peddled from medias and players alike since 2018 because of a mistranslation from German.

Your argument is valid but expecting everyone to follow and read all of this is unreasonable and will never happen. Heck, I'm pretty sure most people don't even bother visiting a game's official website before buying.

A lot of these points should have been made very apparent in the marketing material or, at least, not shown in the marketing material so as to avoid any speculation about them.

Guest 3847602

The problem with all of this is that most people, and I am 100% certain of this, do not follow the interviews and read articles about any game's development before buying it. I did, you did and plenty of others did but the vast majority doesn't. Heck, I did and you corrected me on the thousand NPCs with routines bit because it was peddled from medias and players alike since 2018 because of a mistranslation from German.

Your argument is valid but expecting everyone to follow and read all of this is unreasonable and will never happen. Heck, I'm pretty sure most people don't even bother visiting a game's official website before buying.

A lot of these points should have been made very apparent in the marketing material or, at least, not shown in the marketing material so as to avoid any speculation about them.
Of course, I don't disagree with that. They should have taken action and stop misinformation from spreading like the wildfire. Were they myopic and careless? Yes. Were they lying and hiding which features will end up being in the game and which will not? No, they clearly didn't.

The game is pretty finished imo...it can be improved, don't get me wrong, but it is finished. At least I didn't go 'wtf is the rest?!' when I finished the game:)

...that said I hope and expect for some small dlc (barber, ability to customize V, more weapons, clothes etc) and hopefully down the line big expansions (blood&wine). Please don't drop the game to make another one. I see no reason not to continue to develop it.

Of course, I don't disagree with that. They should have taken action and stop misinformation from spreading like the wildfire. Were they myopic and careless? Yes. Were they lying and hiding which features will end up being in the game and which will not? No, they clearly didn't.
Believe me, I want to agree with you. I really do.

Unfortunately, I'm finding it increasingly hard to agree with that opinion. A lot of very shady things happened during CP's marketing campaign and some more has been discovered recently with the addition of the game that was pressed onto disc that was apparently CDPR's version of their game's going gold back in September for the November release. Which is a complete mess. Had they released that... holy shit, things would be a thousand times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom