When will they up the difficulty?

+
I am waiting till they devs up the difficulty of the game. 'Very Hard' is still pretty easy.

If the devs themself don't up it, then I will wait till someone mods it like Ghost Mod for Witcher 3, before I finish my playthrough.

Well I'm sure there's going to be balancing changes, value adjustments etc. Something will most likely be done about this, but I don't want to speak for the people working on the game.

Well I am hoping there is some adjuatments!

Maybe even a brand new difficulty higher than 'Very Hard'.

Most of the issues come from the AI not reacting fast enough against us. Getting stuck in animations undercover or simply losing agro of you during combat.

As for ultra hardcore difficulty its better wait for a mod, I don't think they will overhaul the difficulty or release a Dark Mode.
Wishlist would be something along the lines of New Vegas jsawyer mod, if you wear actual armor you will be able to survive, if you are wearing clothes and no subdermal plating augs, you are dead meat.

Yeah that's what I thought also, devs are busy and probably will be focusing mainly on bugs and new content, don't think they will touch the difficulty.

That's why I am waiting for mods, hopefully that will be possible.

Very Hard pretty easy? Hmm, I get one-shotted left and right, I must be doing something wrong.

Very Hard pretty easy? Hmm, I get one-shotted left and right, I must be doing something wrong.

Yes, you are. You're playing it like an RPG instead of an FPS. You need a solid build before you can take hits. At lvl20, I barely take any damage on my current char while oneshotting everyone.

Yes, you are. You're playing it like an RPG instead of an FPS. You need a solid build before you can take hits. At lvl20, I barely take any damage on my current char while oneshotting everyone.

You mean, I play it as an FPS instead of an RPG? Cos builds and levels are traditional RPG elements and not FPS elements. IDK, my goal was to build something tanky with lots of armor, right now got maxed body and tech for armor and damage reduction, yet I feel like a glass cannon, maybe I haven't found the good mods or armor pieces and that's why I die easy. Only manage to survive long cause bad AI and incredible powerful Daemons, like forcing them to go Cyberpsychosis and when it runs out kill themselves, or the System Reset.

Get some clothing with mod slots and slot armor, along with perks and skill attributes you can become pretty hard to kill, meds having no cool down also turn it into a bit of a cake walk.

You mean, I play it as an FPS instead of an RPG? Cos builds and levels are traditional RPG elements and not FPS elements. IDK, my goal was to build something tanky with lots of armor, right now got maxed body and tech for armor and damage reduction, yet I feel like a glass cannon, maybe I haven't found the good mods or armor pieces and that's why I die easy. Only manage to survive long cause bad AI and incredible powerful Daemons, like forcing them to go Cyberpsychosis and when it runs out kill themselves, or the System Reset.

I have 3 body and I never die, ever. The point was that you can't just stand in the open. You cover, get the opening shots, don't get jumped. Initiate combat with a flashbang or some quickhanck that disables them since you're not running with zerker or sandevistan. The game isn't a "shootout" game like Division, combat doesn't last longer than a few seconds unless you drag it out. Even bosses on very hard drop in 2-3 hits if you build for it cause you can stack SO much bonus damage from so many different sources.

Last edited:
Yeah even though it has RPG elements with perks etc it still plays like an FPS with being able to peek from cover, attack from flanks, separate enemies to enable takedowns etc. It just becomes a lot easier the better your skills and weapons become to the point where it's almost too easy but hopefully they can balance this out a bit in the future.

It'd be great to see some hard/super bosses! I've upgraded my character so well and there's nothing to challenge me, the Cyberpsychos die in one hit, every encounter is just random humans that die to a single headshot or a body burst from the Assault rifle. I'd love to have some variety, some encounters that take several minutes, that make the insane damage output worth something, that really test my character and my skill.

Agreed, this is what I was expecting when I switched up to very hard difficulty as my build was wrecking on hard even without being optimized for max deeps but there's not that big of a difference between the 2 settings. Min/maxing is definitely not required to clean house at highest difficulty and it really should be.

Agreed, this is what I was expecting when I switched up to very hard difficulty as my build was wrecking on hard even without being optimized for max deeps but there's not that big of a difference between the 2 settings. Min/maxing is definitely not required to clean house at highest difficulty and it really should be.

I agree that the hardest setting should require a bit of skill in the the fights and maybe using a more strategic approach to missions/fights.

Top Bottom