When will we see some substantial content added?

+
I love this game and have been playing it consistently since launch. There's cool stuff that was added/changed in 1.6 but how about some more stuff to actually DO in the game in addition to three fixer gigs? I'm talking about missions/quests in general. Maybe I'm used to mmorpgs where you normally see new substantial content added multiple times per year. It seems pretty slim that we're coming up on two years now with patches containing just bug and performance fixes and changes to balance gameplay plus some new items. Maybe I'm forgetting some stuff that has been added thought I didn't forget apartments which, while nice, they're just not missions.

Yeah, I know there's some big thing coming out some time next year. We're approaching two years since launch and as the rumor mill says, supposedly CDPR is spreading their resources out to develop a new Witcher game. But what about THiS game? I don't want to hear about business and office politics and budgets and resource allocation (I understand all that), but I sure would like to see something with some actual meat to it. Taking pictures of the cat is fun and all, but how about more of those fixer gigs, at least?

I've been a cheerleader for CP2077 the whole time and, while I forked over my $60 to play the game and got what I paid for (eventually), in comparison to other games, I'm now left feeling pretty disappointed.

Honestly > with the expansion.
Or maybe among the last free DLCs, we will get some little quests, but nothing "substantial".
Check DLCs on TW3, nothing "substantial" outside of the expansions...
Well, maybe it's just CDPR then.

I would guess that the upcoming expansion is probably the biggest post-release content we'll see for now. It's really difficult to compare the frequency and scale of updates between a traditional, single-player game like Cyberpunk 2077 and a MMORPG, simply because the two are monetized differently.

I do agree that it has taken a while for CDPR to release new content for Cyberpunk 2077, but it's clear they've focused on cleaning up the experience of the base game before moving on to post-release content, which is appreciated.

I do hope that the expansion is huge, to reward the players who have stuck around and still enjoy the game to this day.

There is a bit of an issue with your post.

You say you don't want to hear about business, budget n' all that because you understand all that but also say "I guess I'm used to MMOs steady stream of content". Which is kind of ignoring why MMOs have a constant stream of content.

That steady stream of content is paid for through subscriptions or whatever store that MMO has.

Live service games have similar mechanics for bringing in a steady stream of money.

Single-player games don't have a steady stream of money coming in.

There is a pattern emerging here. Substantial content requires people to pay for it. In the case of CP2077, that paid for content was announced (expansion) and, chances are, like @LeKill3rFou pointed out, will be the earliest substantial addition of content we get. So you want to know when, well, there is your answer.

Well, maybe it's just CDPR then.

No?

That's how every single player game has worked for the last.... +/- 25 years? I can go all the way back to Diablo and it's expansion for this. Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft, The Elder Scroll: 3 through 5, Fallout 3/NV/4 Dragon Age, Mass Effect, ... The list goes on. They only received substantial additions through expansions or paid for DLC.

I agree that by the time the expansion releases, it'll have been an unusually long time between a game's release and it's first expansion but that's not because CDPR wanted it to happen this way, it's because they didn't have a choice.

Anyway, you got your answer - the expansion, that's when.

I think the definition of "Substantial" is also a little vague.

Major story update? New characters with deep development/story? A large amount of "Side quests"? new meaningful romances? In a single player game, you only ever see that in paid expansions/DLC. So, if that is your definition than that is your answer.

However, if you look at what they've said is coming for free (TO PC and Next gen at least) Vehicle combat, that's substantial and expected in an update before the expansion, at least that was my interpretation of what was said. Same thing for reworked police, probably a handful of these "world stories" they keep quietly adding, for people to find on their own, probably a few more gigs, weapons, clothes. These are all things that are hinted at as separate free DLCS/Updates, outside of the expansion. Plus, whatever new features they haven't teased.

Sure, those things may seem small, but combined they add up, but a new system or set of features would be considered a substantial addition, and a handful of small updates can equal substantial change if they add to the fun/experience.

As someone who has played their fair share of MMOs and Live service titles , I would caution against comparison, the expectation of the model is just not the same, Infact single player experiences that offer free DLC are few and far between most of them are paid small DLCs or Full expansions. The fact they're putting in the work to deliver what was originally promised even if they're not there, yet, I think is a great thing Plus who knows what secrets and surprises they have for us they keep hinting there is much to be found in game already that we have not seen yet.

For free content and updates I think patches 1.5 and 1.6 were pretty substantial.

Before that it seemed like the game just wasn't finished and they were patching it up while dropping in some very minor pieces of actual content along the way.

But for a single player game without any kind of additional monetization I think 1.5 and 1.6 were pretty amazing. Even better that they are going to be fixing up the police system, adding official vehicle combat and more - at least if we can take them for their word.

But obviously we are not going to be seeing full blown new quest lines, major new characters, etc. unless it is an expansion. If that is your definition of 'substantial' - then you will let down by basically every single player game ever. The only thing that comes close that I can think of is D:OS2 with the more recent update that added the quests about the living armor thing and the pirate captain guy over by the dragon. That was extremely impressive for just random free content.

Nope it's often like that with "solo" games. But true, it's two years, but majority of games would already received their DLCs and/or expansions but would be "abandoned" after two years, that's for sure.
and what do you think how many player already "abandoned" cp even in the first year without any xpac? its nothing different with this game, CDPR is just being slow compared to other companies and the ones who are still waiting for the xpac are fans not casual players to compare with of other IPs.

I guess I'm just feeling frustrated. I should probably go play another game until next year.

and what do you think how many player already "abandoned" cp even in the first year without any xpac? its nothing different with this game, CDPR is just being slow compared to other companies and the ones who are still waiting for the xpac are fans not casual players to compare with of other IPs.
I would say, not so much... If the expansion was released, let's say a year ago, these players wouldn't be there either right now anyway, so... Knowing that Cyberpunk like The Wither 3 was never intended to provide infinite/endless content anyway :)

not so much?... well if your really believe that "not so much" player already abandoned cp yet - that means a majority of the 3 million pre-orders are still interesting or playing cyberpunk in your opinion - especially if half of them were sold on old gen which never really worked or gave people reasons to stay? so really... "not that much" ? I see...

the other points I agree with - but well which single player game is made for infinite/endless content at all? none.

Last edited:
I think "Abandon" is probably the wrong word, OR at least not the one that fits best.

When I hear "People Abandoned the game" I think of something that failed, something like anthem, or BF2042 something that just did not work and has not been fixed. Something that was meant as multiplayer or Live service and the players just rejected it. A rejection that spirals, less people playing makes it harder to group or find a match, which makes more people leave.... and so on....

For a primarily single player story focused game, its more just "Finished" like ok that was cool, but I'm done now, I'll come back if they release new stuff. That's not to say people don't abandon broken single player games and never finish them and I'm sure some people bailed on this game at launch, and nothing is going to bring them back, it just didn't work for them and they're not feeling like giving it a second chance now. And that's fine. But the sales numbers, consecutive player counts, Stream and social media engagement, not to mention the fact that we're having this conversation right now... I wouldn't say people abandoned the game, maybe just moved on, some may return some won't, others will jump in for the first time because they were waiting for it to get fixed or waiting for the DLCS to be released. I know someone who wants to Play CP2077 but is waiting until they get a Ps5, and the complete edition of the game is out so they can just get the best version right out of the box.

I think CDPR has shown a commitment to the community and the game, and it's paying off for them and us. Unless they really drop the ball between now and the expansion things will probably only get better, and I think more people will come to CP2077. Just look at TW3, a lot of people waited until it was the "Complete Edition" before jumping in, I'm one of them, I got it on sale with all the DLCs for like $30(USD) and I ended up putting easily 100 hours into it and became a CDPR fan overnight. Also, that game still is selling very well even know with its age, and the next gen version will probably also sell. Point is I think there is a ton of interest in the game, and CDPR is getting some of the goodwill they lost back. I think people will come for the expansion not just the diehard fans.

We need stealth takedown animations with the different arm augmentations and maybe the katana. The neck snapping works with the hands equipped but I want to pop heads like a balloon with the gorilla arms.

As someone who loves the game and always come back to it for a new game play, I would love to have new gigs, but I understand that they couldn't keep adding stuff for a SP game. I just hope that the expansion will have a lot of content and that CDPR will work on another CP game using UE5.

i really dont get some people asking for more stuff to do in the game, like what game offfers u all this, lol? unless u want the copy past sony style open world which we have already to some degree but really i dont want repeteable missions and tower of control the builds offer a lot of variety already and when u wanna fight u have plenty of options.

i really dont get some people asking for more stuff to do in the game, like what game offfers u all this, lol? unless u want the copy past sony style open world which we have already to some degree but really i dont want repeteable missions and tower of control the builds offer a lot of variety already and when u wanna fight u have plenty of options.
What part don't you get about wanting more stuff to do in the game? I'll go into detail about more stuff to do in the game if it will help you.

NG+ would solve this issue.
You did everything there is to do?
Start over. But not from scratch.

Top Bottom