When will we see some substantial content added?

+
What part don't you get about wanting more stuff to do in the game? I'll go into detail about more stuff to do in the game if it will help you.
Dude, i just finished a playthrough where i did 100% and took me 140hrs, and now im starting another run to experience a diffrent build with the woman v, like game is huge what else u wanna do lol, random police chases? they are gonna add those. for me it has everything i asked for. i asked u and u still didnt respond what game there is where u have infinite stuff to do? and dont give me gta where u have 0 skill system dialogue customization or fallout games with respawning enemies in the building u cleared 1000 times. outer worlds is similar but is not open world is 3 times smaller and u cant do half the things ur doing in cp. want more examples? deus ex where the game is 3 times smaller cant even drive vehicles and again is semi open world.

I believe, based on the OP, that they're talking about new story based missions. New characters. New dialogues to interact with. New questlines to complete. New endings, perhaps. Adding to the game what HoS and B&W added to TW3.

Kingdoms of Amalur was a game that I could play 15 times, using just the vanilla content. There's sooo much in that game. But that didn't stop me from getting excited about Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel expansions when they landed. It didn't stop me from looking forward to the remaster and the Fatesworn expansion being announced. I definitely celebrated that additional content.

Dude, i just finished a playthrough where i did 100% and took me 140hrs, and now im starting another run to experience a diffrent build with the woman v, like game is huge what else u wanna do lol, random police chases? they are gonna add those. for me it has everything i asked for. i asked u and u still didnt respond what game there is where u have infinite stuff to do? and dont give me gta where u have 0 skill system dialogue customization or fallout games with respawning enemies in the building u cleared 1000 times. outer worlds is similar but is not open world is 3 times smaller and u cant do half the things ur doing in cp. want more examples? deus ex where the game is 3 times smaller cant even drive vehicles and again is semi open world.
And I never asked for infinite stuff to do.
Post automatically merged:

I believe, based on the OP, that they're talking about new story based missions. New characters. New dialogues to interact with. New questlines to complete. New endings, perhaps. Adding to the game what HoS and B&W added to TW3.

Kingdoms of Amalur was a game that I could play 15 times, using just the vanilla content. There's sooo much in that game. But that didn't stop me from getting excited about Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel expansions when they landed. It didn't stop me from looking forward to the remaster and the Fatesworn expansion being announced. I definitely celebrated that additional content.
I'm not even asking for that much; I would expect to pay for premium content like more storylines and endings as that is much more complex in the overall story arc. Just more gigs would be great; with those, there are often more ways to approach those than with storyline missions which makes them much more repeatable. I'm totally willing to pay for premium content and even for more gigs if that's what is needed.

I love this game and have been playing it consistently since launch. There's cool stuff that was added/changed in 1.6 but how about some more stuff to actually DO in the game in addition to three fixer gigs? I'm talking about missions/quests in general. Maybe I'm used to mmorpgs where you normally see new substantial content added multiple times per year. It seems pretty slim that we're coming up on two years now with patches containing just bug and performance fixes and changes to balance gameplay plus some new items. Maybe I'm forgetting some stuff that has been added thought I didn't forget apartments which, while nice, they're just not missions.

Yeah, I know there's some big thing coming out some time next year. We're approaching two years since launch and as the rumor mill says, supposedly CDPR is spreading their resources out to develop a new Witcher game. But what about THiS game? I don't want to hear about business and office politics and budgets and resource allocation (I understand all that), but I sure would like to see something with some actual meat to it. Taking pictures of the cat is fun and all, but how about more of those fixer gigs, at least?

I've been a cheerleader for CP2077 the whole time and, while I forked over my $60 to play the game and got what I paid for (eventually), in comparison to other games, I'm now left feeling pretty disappointed.
Yeah im in the same boat that your in. I still play my same first game that i played the first day this game came out.
This patch is cool and all especially with the transmog feature, but at the end of the day there's still nothing to do. They added in all of these new weapons (that we don't need mind you) and for what? Who do we use them on? These new weapons are added for players who have basically beaten the main story and I guess who have gigs and side missions left. But what about the players who downloaded the update and have cleared everything already? Who do we used these new weapons on? Its not like we can start a new game and all ready have them in our inventories.

With the latest update I was hoping they would give us the option to at least reset all of the organized crime locations, the cyberpsycos, and the npc scanner hustles at least....SOMETHING! We don't even have a cool police system to use these new weapons and stuff on.

And I never asked for infinite stuff to do.

I'm not even asking for that much; I would expect to pay for premium content like more storylines and endings as that is much more complex in the overall story arc. Just more gigs would be great; with those, there are often more ways to approach those than with storyline missions which makes them much more repeatable. I'm totally willing to pay for premium content and even for more gigs if that's what is needed.
and u think i wouldnt? but every game has to end it has 100hr of content or even more and nice replayability. In the end the bad stigma stopped cdpr from expanding the game further, no matter what they do [...] so it was pretty obvious since the begining the game wont be expanded much on red engine. they have to do fresh start the right way. the cyberpunk1 brand is kinda tainted now. i hope the people who trashed the game 24 7 on reddit and youtube but still played it for 200hrs are happy now when no more content after expansion

Yeah im in the same boat that your in. I still play my same first game that i played the first day this game came out.
This patch is cool and all especially with the transmog feature, but at the end of the day there's still nothing to do. They added in all of these new weapons (that we don't need mind you) and for what? Who do we use them on? These new weapons are added for players who have basically beaten the main story and I guess who have gigs and side missions left. But what about the players who downloaded the update and have cleared everything already? Who do we used these new weapons on? Its not like we can start a new game and all ready have them in our inventories.

With the latest update I was hoping they would give us the option to at least reset all of the organized crime locations, the cyberpsycos, and the npc scanner hustles at least....SOMETHING! We don't even have a cool police system to use these new weapons and stuff on.
well u need like 2 more playthroughs to experience the diffrence builds u obviously start again after a new patch lol, even the game is bugged with the previous save in later patches

Last edited by a moderator:

If you don't want restart a new playthrough, sure... That's why I always start a new (or many) playthrough after each update/patch since release. For me, it's totally useless to keep a cleared map and a character level 50 in my save tab... (And I do the same for almost all games^^)

and u think i wouldnt? but every game has to end it has 100hr of content or even more and nice replayability. In the end the bad stigma stopped cdpr from expanding the game further, no matter what they do [...]. so it was pretty obvious since the begining the game wont be expanded much on red engine. they have to do fresh start the right way. the cyberpunk1 brand is kinda tainted now. i hope the people who trashed the game 24 7 on reddit and youtube but still played it for 200hrs are happy now when no more content after expansion

well u need like 2 more playthroughs to experience the diffrence builds u obviously start again after a new patch lol, even the game is bugged with the previous save in later patches
Nah not really. I use Knifes mainly, but since in lvl 50 i can use all guns, and even fists and 1 - 2 shot everything. I use quickhacks as well as part of my current build for stuff like weapon glitch and suicide. Starting the game over and running a netrunner or street brawler, or just sticking strickly to ranged weapon build seems pointless. I can pretty much do everything with my current character.

If you don't want restart a new playthrough, sure... That's why I always start a new (or many) playthrough after each update/patch since release. For me, it's totally useless to keep a cleared map and a character level 50 in my save tab... (And I do the same for almost all games^^)
Yeah im the opposite, i just like playing 1 character and do everything with that one char. It feels weird creating a whole new V. I tried to create a new character but couldnt get into it, I tried the same thing with Elden Ring after i beat it, but couldnt get into a new char lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah im the opposite, i just like playing 1 character and do everything with that one char. It feels weird creating a whole new V. I tried to create a new character but couldnt get into it, I tried the same thing with Elden Ring after i beat it, but couldnt get into a new char lol.
I replay "often" games that I loved and generally, you can't keep playing on these games after the end. So either you don't replay, either you restart. For example I couldn't say how often I replay Mass Effect and I always recreate a new Shepard (the same almost all the games^^).
My last TW3 playthrough, few months ago, I deleted the previous save and start a new one. And when the "next-gen" patch will be released, I will delete my previous playthrough and start a new one again... (On a side note, for me, I try few times on several games, NG+ is generally, totally uninteresting and useless^^)

So in short, why keeping a save where you can't play longer :)

I like replaying a game I love, NG+ doesn't feel that Important to me personally.

I Recently Replayed RDR2 because that game is a masterpiece, and I hadn't played in a while. I also Started a replay of AC Black Flag, not too long ago. I've sort of switching between That CP and Saints Row.... Unfortunately, work hasn't allowed for much game time the past 2 weeks, but that is a different story. And with 1.6 out any free game time has gone to a new CP play through, street kid if anyone cares.

To me if I'm in a great game world, especially if it has a really good narrative NG+ is cool, if you like to keep that progression, but I do not need it as long as the game is solid.

Having said that, I would like some repayable, or at least more "Random Encounters" more street crime. I've noticed a few mobs that respawn and 2 gang fights that respawn. But most of the stuff is one and done. But also, I still feel like I'm still finding new things on every playthrough, a new "World story" they added that I haven't run across yet, a new secret I never stumbled into, I don't read guides on those sorts of things I'd rather find it on my own, so that keeps things fresh.

We know we're likely (Not confirmed) to get another free update before the end of the year which will likely bring vehicle combat and reworked police, and I'm assuming (Pure speculation) if they're bringing in 2 major features/updates like that there would be some missions/encounters to show them off possibly designed around the features specifically to really "Showcase" it. Hopefully that will be enough new stuff until the big expansion next year. And who knows what other surprises may come along.

Skyrim
Infinite stuff to do

But the story is bad... Who cares you can make your own story.

In CDPR you are forced into their story with no escape from it

Great is really subjective in CP77 case

Great is "Subjective" in literally all art. A story I find great other may hate, a Story I hate may win awards.

Having said that, CDPR generally tells "Well Received" stories, and the few things CP2077 were praised for even in the state the game launched, was the city, it's characters and the story.

The truth in my opinion the big hype with CP2077 was the marriage of CDPR story, with a very ambitious set of game systems. and sadly, one of those didn't live up to the hype at least not at launch. Still, I think they have come a long way from back then and the future of the franchise is looking good.

The truth in my opinion the big hype with CP2077 was the marriage of CDPR story, with a very ambitious set of game systems. and sadly, one of those didn't live up to the hype at least not at launch. Still, I think they have come a long way from back then and the future of the franchise is looking good.

I agree with this 100%.

I also think CDPR needs to be honest with who they are as a developer. They are the open world game studio that provides amazing characters, stories and visuals. They may not have the best combat, RPG systems, etc. But they do story, characters and visuals very well.

Rather than try to do away with that reputation and what they do best - I personally think they should embrace it. Do not shorten the stories, keep them longer like The Witcher 3. Do not try to put in all sorts of crazy mechanics, out of this world customization and overly ambitious combat systems. I think they ought to focus on what they do best and fill in the rest, because not every game can be everything.

Rather than focusing on having 12-15 "skill trees", focus instead of dialogue options and choice/consequence. Rather than focusing on making combat a top tier experience focus on fleshing out things like life paths more.

This is not to say they should just accept parts of their game being 'bad'. Just that I think they ought to be a specific emphasis and focus on what they do best.

Skyrim
Infinite stuff to do

I have about 50 hours in Skyrim and never ended up finishing the game.

I have about 80 hours into Fallout 3 and never ended up finishing the game - though I got very close. (I think this is Bethesda's best game)

I have about 100 hours into Fallout 4 and have barely progressed in the game because I have restarted it about ten times trying to enjoy it.

I have about 500 hours into Fallout and can't remember how many times I have finished it replaying it over the years.

I have about 500 hours into Fallout 2 and can't remember how many times I have finished it replaying it over the years.

I have about 350 hours into Fallout New Vegas and have finished it twice.

I have about 550 hours in The Witcher 3 and have finished it three times.

I have about 100 hours in Cyberpunk 2077, have finished it once and plan on replaying it multiple times once the expansion and all content is released.

Which is to say people play games for different reasons. I care a great deal about story, the world and character development. I care a great deal about things at least trying to make sense. I care about interesting lore and worlds. I think that games like the original Fallout games, Obsidian's take on them with Bethesda and especially CDPR games do an absurdly good job at this.

I can see why people like Bethesda games like Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. The worlds are massive, they encourage people to explore and people can mod them to turn them into whatever they want. But I find them to be janky, enormous worlds with half-baked RPG systems and stories that put me to sleep... as well as a crap ton of mods that I have no idea how anyone finds entertaining - but they clearly do. I honestly do not remember a single thing about my Skyrim play through other than I thought the world itself was pretty cool. I remember a lot about Fallout 3's beginning because the vault, Megaton and the tower were done extremely well. I remember my wife getting executed in Fallout 4 and that is about it.

Where as with CDPR games I can vividly recall most of the characters, stories, etc.

Last edited:
Skyrim
Infinite stuff to do

@pliskards said it all. Different games for different purposes. Games can't be everything. They just can't. Games that try always come up short and often end up losing any sense of identity or purpose in the process.

If you don't like CDPR's games but enjoy Bethesda's... go play Bethesda's. There is nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. At some point you just have to decide whether a games is for you or not and move on with your day.

I mean, I love playing Skyrim for the freedom I have, and I love Cyberpunk 2077 because the story is awesome and very fine writing. Both things are not exclusive.

Top Bottom