When Would You Purchase the Sequel?

+
I get that people want to support CDPR but it’s interesting how the vast number of customers said they would never preorder from them again during or after the disastrous launch, and now all of that’s forgotten. It seems to me that this is simply enabling studios with putting out half finished products knowing that regardless of prior experiences players will simply gobble up whatever’s thrown at them.
I wouldent say its all forgotten, i would not and have not preordered a single game since cp2077 release. Dont even think ive bought one day 1 either. Lesson learned even if i hade fewer bugs at launch then the first couple of patches -.-

I dont really get why people make such a big thing with preorder no matter what side they`re on. If they want to buy in blind, its a risk but company wont fail if they dont. Its a nice gesture, but does it really have huge impact on anything except marketing? If you`re not 100% sure, its completely fine to wait for a release and make your mind later.

@ OP
Whether or not I buy it fully depends on the state of CP77 when they declare it finished and stop releasing patches. If there are still obvious problems at that point, I won't buy a sequel at all, or the expansion. If I did buy the sequel, I wouldn't pre-order, I would likely wait a year+ until patches had fixed any problems. I would likely wait until it was in a sale too.

I dont really get why people make such a big thing with preorder no matter what side they`re on. If they want to buy in blind, its a risk but company wont fail if they dont. Its a nice gesture, but does it really have huge impact on anything except marketing? If you`re not 100% sure, its completely fine to wait for a release and make your mind later.
I kinda agree with you but pre orders have an effect in lazy game production imo. If you can sell 8 million copys before anybody has even seen the game and get payed before the game is even finished.. Why bother making it good? Reputation is the only thing you will loose if its shit at release and apperantly some companys dont care about it. People keep buying it pre order and so on anyways so why bother with a good port or a good game? It could be a good incentive for some companys too ofc, it depends on if they only wanna make money and how much morals the leaders have.

Sadly the only way too do anything about this is to not pre order any game witch kinda sucks when they do play early and so on, on the other hand if the game is shit i will know about it before release and can avoid it so ^^ My opinion on it is pretty much vote with your wallet, if its a game you want no matter the state it will be released in sure pre order it. But be prepared too see more of these scummy sales tactics with early access and bonus dlc stuff. Pretty much every game has some sort of pre order bonus already and it doesnt seem to do any good for the games they release, its been pretty bad lately with bad ports and or under-velming games.

This question is about four years early. We literally do not know anything about the next Cyberpunk game other than it is going to happen, it is being developed in America and it will be a mostly new team that CDPR veterans are overseeing.

1. How good/well received will Phantom Liberty be?
2. What will the overall theme and marketing for the game look like?
3. Who will the main character be?
4. What will initial gameplay clips show off?
5. Will The Witcher 4 be a disaster on Unreal Engine? (Assuming it comes out before the Cyberpunk sequel - which seems like a very safe bet)
6. How big of a factor will multiplayer be? Will CDPR's approach stay true to the single player open world experience or will they start to lean more toward a 'GTA Online' type of approach?
7. Will they release other media (TV show, movie, etc.) to ignite more hype for the game?

There are a ton more questions. But there is no way anyone can possibly know this four to six years in advance or however long it is going to be until the next game comes out.

For instance as of right now I would definitely preorder the sequel.

But if Phantom Liberty is eight hours worth of mediocre content, the marketing for the next game looks bad, the gameplay looks boring, The Witcher 4 struggles on UE, if it looks like they are treating the franchise as secondary to The Witcher, if rumors come out about development problems at the new studio and multiplayer becomes a big factor in the game... then I would either skip the game or wait for reviews.

6. How big of a factor will multiplayer be? Will CDPR's approach stay true to the single player open world experience or will they start to lean more toward a 'GTA Online' type of approach?
That's another thing that would be a huge turn off for me, it would depend whether solo/MP were seperate to each other, or if it functioned like a mmorpg where you have no choice in interacting and encountering other players.

True, I buy these games as superior single player CRPGs, I absolutely hate MMOs
so u would ditch a multiplayer cyberpunk? hard to believe ;) - also multiplayer isnt automaticly a mmo. think of small grps like GTA heists or Division Mission teamups with 2-4 people each playing a specific role. like it was intended before they dropped MP plans. - that i would love to see, if it would work of course.

Top Bottom