Where are all the sexy outfits?

+
One thing is just taking your clothes off, or having short shorts, open vests or a sweater bodysuit top.
To me, you might aswell just take all your clothes off and walk around in those hotpants or whatever her "nude" outfit is.

Clearly this is all my fault for having higher (yet realistic) expectations, but I honestly played through the entire game (100 hours now) thinking "ok Im sure all the stylish and sexy stuff unlocks at some point, because this boring stuff can't be it, right? right?" Well it never happened.

One thing is just taking your clothes off, or having short shorts, open shirts of a bodysuit sweater.
To me, you might aswell just take all your clothes off and walk around in those hotpants or whatever her "nude" outfit is.

Clearly this is all my fault for having higher (yet realistic) expectations, but I honestly played through the entire game (100 hours now) thinking "ok Im sure all the stylish and sexy stuff unlocks at some point, because this boring stuff can't be it, right? right?" Well it never happened.
Pretty much... I wanted edge, ink, neon and chrome... not flannel, denim and wedge heels. Was that too much to ask? :rolleyes:

Sat down with Lizzy and Meredith, both of them rocking some stylish sexy stuff - there I was sitting in my worker boots, tihck cargo pants, arasaka armor vest and some horrible biker bandana and glasses. Im surprised they didnt just throw me out thinking I was some hobo that broke in.

port.jpg
port2.jpg

Sat down with Lizzy and Meredith, both of them rocking some stylish sexy stuff - there I was sitting in my worker boots, tihck cargo pants, arasaka armor vest and some horrible biker bandana and glasses. Im surprised they didnt just throw me out thinking I was some hobo that broke in.
Well, since V is pretty much hardcoded to being a rugged, foul mouthed solo (character choices my a**), it kinda makes sense again...
Again, skimp and sexy poses/angles aside, it's still the same utilitarian style... nothing a former corp netrunner would wear... well, at least not mine. ;)

Last edited:
I did find some nice combos that look cool and sexy, but it's most often trash in terms of stats. getting something that looks fantastic AND has decent stats is hard. Most will probably end up wearing iconic cloths and that's a bit boring.
I was wearing the legendary corpo suit you can loot for a mission or two, but it just does not fit the character I am playing. So I find myself on some mission in the badlands, changing into something way less effective, just because it just doesn't feel right for my V to run around in a suit in the badlands...
I would also love to have some real decoration options, like NPCs. And of course changeable hair, makeup and nails.

...As others have stated the npcs have tops and skirts/skinny pants that are sexier than the players and as far as I can tell many use the same body template as female V... so it could easily be ported.

The real issue is that you can't just get a style and up it cleanly as you go. Perhaps if the Special slot in the inventory would save an outfit as a purely cosmetic appearance, I mean other games do this.

Let's be honest (while COMPLAINING)...CDPR missed the ball on a lot in this game...20 years or more of computer RPGs and online RPG/MMORPGs and instead of looking at the long list of games that did things RIGHT...these guys go and try to reinvent the wheel. "Sims", "Everquest I/II", "WoW", "Neverwinter", even "7 Days to Die", ALL of them have better character creation and for those that want to be internet trans (let's be honest, most of the female toons we see in games are played by guys...mine included) and internet slutty, there have always been options for that. In THIS gaming world, "slutty" is just ONE of the options, pretty much every sort of clothing style known should have been represented. We should be able to dress like we just stepped V out of "Goodfellas", "ALIEN", "Desperately Seeking Susan", "Pink Velvet", or "Wall Street" with equal access, and we should be able to make V look like Al Pachino, Bruce Willis, Scarlet Johannsen, or Kim Kardassian. These were easy things to develop, especially with an 8-year dev cycle, and they botched it. These were easy things because someone else already did the heavy lifting.

Working on the AI...the clothing...weapons and equipment...cars/trucks/bikes...someone else sometime else did it better than CDPR did it on this, and they did it a long time ago. There's realistically no excuse for what we got for our $60.00 USD (or other national equivalent) except laziness on the part of the directors of the development crews.

This is 2020. Building AAA titles is not atomic science. It's not easy, it's not cheap, it doesn't happen overnight, and I'm sure we all appreciate that, but this should have been better put together and it wasn't.

I'm holding out hope that there's a genuine development cycle with room for upgrading a lot of this. Bring back the nudity, bring on the slutty hooker-wear and the three piece Armani suit, give us the world's arsenal of weps and more gear than a military branch could think of using. THAT stuff isn't rocket science, it's old school now.

CDPR needs to quit acting like a real-world version of Arasaka

All the clothing stores I have been to just sell ugly pants and poor people jackets, I want some of the fancy stuff like what the Mox girls wear!

You gotta bring the sexy! Me? I'd look hot in burlap sack!!

Just kiddin. Yes. I assume in later updates/patches/DLC they'll hopefully include transmog and a LOT more clothes.
photomode_20122020_223316 (2).png

Its a great pet-peeve of mine in open world games where you can customize your look and yet you constantly see people wearing things you can't get or wear

Especially worlds like this where it makes no sense for an NPC to be able to buy something you can't

My Nomad. Took FOREVER to coordinate a purple outfit to go along with my purple Katana. I like the combo of this outfit, but it's still in the realm of rather generic.

When you walk past adds that show breast augmentation that includes lips, spikes, etc. or fight gangs of Maelstrom borgs, or Tiger Claws with really cool cybernetic legs, it's a let down knowing you won't ever get to look that cool.

Character appearance is also not altered at all by cyberware, whereas NPC's are. Dermal Armor for example is replacement synthetic skin (like rogue) which should leave seams at the neckline and several joints on your body.

Or in the case of the Mox, having a super shiny completely artificial body. Or full chrome bodies.

Despite all the glitches and the poor launch of the game, I fully believe that even with the gameplay being what it is right now, if there were just 20 more hairstyles, 20 hair colors, 20 skin types (like chrome, etc.) and a wide variety of clothing (Latex, illuminated, skimpy, bulky, chrome), that the game would draw in a lot more positive praise.

Imagine making a street kid character, then LOOKING like a Valentino with gold legs and arms.

Hopefully the fashion will be expanded, cause the fashion in the game world is amazing and players such as I want to have an active role in it.
V.jpg

Top Bottom