Where can I check, what the trinket I got is for.

+
I hope it's right subforum ;-)

For sure at beta, I think also at start of homecoming, you could see what trinket you got is from. I don't remeber if you had to just move mouse over, right click it or was it just under every single one, but I knew "50 wins as nilfgaadr" "getting to 5 rank" "Playing game on beta" "watching stream of challenger" "unlocked in North Realms reward" "Winning full arena run" - wasn't important if it's border, title or avatar.
Now, I can't find it. I see just page of same description-less not so beautiful (since small) borders.
Can I check it?
If not - why they deleted option for doing so?
I would like to move over enemy avatar/title/border and check what it is for, and now I can't even check my own... Or can I?

Ingame info was removed after HC.

If i remember corectly, they never explained why was this feature removed. Some of the old vanity items were re-enabled as seasonal or contract rewards, so i assume trinket descriptions might return when they re-use all the beta vanities.

I'm guessing it might be because their database didn't adequately store transactional data regarding attainment of the trinkets in Beta. It probably recorded that you owned a trinket, but not when and how you earned it. I am assuming that the "what this trinket was earned for" description was attached to the trinket data, rather than the account data. As a result, with many of the trinkets being re-used in Homecoming, sometimes with different ways to earn them, they no longer had clear data to identify how a particular account had earned a particular re-used trinket.

They could have created such trinket metadata for accounts when they migrated them to HC, but with the severe time crunch CDPR was under trying to get HC ready to launch, they may not have felt it was worth the time and effort. Consequently it was easier just to remove that information than to try to back-fill it.

This is all just a guess on my part though.

Top Bottom