Where does KingBlackToof getting these new cards?

+
Where does KingBlackToof getting these new cards?

He posted videos about cards that are not revealed. Are they and I'm not aware of it? Is he leaking these from the PTR? Golds can be targeted now? Birna Brann isn't disloyal? Artefact Compression broken? Jade decks in Gwent? So many questions...

I'm actually worried about the changes in Gold card interactions AGAIN. This will be, by far, the most impactful change in the next patch.

Too many major things are constantly changing from patch to patch, and dont start with the "its still beta". The game is months away from the full release. Some things should have been granted by now.

Last edited:

Raunbjorn

Hmm... Not entirely happy about the changes to golds. Let's see how it turns out. Kinda liked the way gold cards were indestructable. That made them feel more powerful.

@el_Bosco you mean the D-Shacks damage? I'll go further and make them weaken the unit by 2. Just the base strength, unit can keep the buffs it have to the moment. Cause this is not bothering SK as much.

partci;n9350471 said:
@el_Bosco you mean the D-Shacks damage? I'll go further and make them weaken the unit by 2. Just the base strength, unit can keep the buffs it have to the moment. Cause this is not bothering SK as much.

I think he is talking the change to golds being now interactive. You will be able to scorch, consume, buff, reset them.. all by normal means, as if they were bronze/silvers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZganWYFWM

So they changed gold cards, which could damage other gold cards, because it felt too punishing if your gold card was destroyed (thats what they said as far as I remember). And now all cards can affect gold cards...aha...seems like they know what they are doing. Anyway I already hate it.

So now there is no way of safeguarding your hard earned points using hjalmar, tibor or unseen elder or letho. These cards are going to disappear, specially the latter 2.

Gigni, scorch, borkh and schirru are doing to dominate everything, as well as control decks - personally, the most annoying decks to play against it. No fun, no play.

Last edited:
BornBoring;n9350761 said:
So they changed gold cards, which could damage other gold cards, because it felt too punishing if your gold card was destroyed (thats what they said as far as I remember). And now all cards can affect gold cards...aha...seems like they know what they are doing. Anyway I already hate it.

I dont like it either.

The worst part of the change is not the change itself (which is bad enough, dont get me wrong) but the feeling that they are continuously changing basic mechanics of the game because they are not sure about where they are going or doing. At least thats the impression i get.

It's nice that this game has a unique thing such as gold card immunity. I hope that they won't destroy other game uniqueness

BornBoring;n9350761 said:

Thats exactly what i mean above. Half a year ago they changed the gold interactions "to make golds feel like golds". Now they're reverting it to worse than it was before because of the exact contrary logic, aka "golds feel like bronzes with a lower drop rate". We've seen this trend several times in the past patches, going back and fourth on major aspects of the game. I mean, dont they have a long term plan for what they want for the game? Are they just coming up with ideas as they go along? Maneuvering the game on sight?

What about the time the game will need to stabilize and rebalance again? Does this major change mean that the full release wont happen this year?

It was probably done to stop Kambi, Baron and Ciri: Dash decks, but I think they could've find a better solution, but not this one. I'd rather get beated by the decks I've mentioned, than damagable gold cards. Also Artefact Compression + Eitheline (The SCO leader) is a broken combo. Artefact Compression targetting Gold units is HUGE. I hope they keep the golds the way they are.

el_Bosco;n9350851 said:
or letho. These cards are going to disappear, specially the latter 2.

I cant see Letho disappearing, instead of using it as a strenght Bank, use it as a spy + scorch. Dont even need to include D-Bomb in your deck anymore.

Its defensive use is gone though. Same goes for unseen elder which apart from the consume proc, will have no further use.

I did like the gold immunity mechanic. It became something unique to Gwent. But at the same time it was annoying because of how it was impossible to play against aside from shackles which pretty much ended up as a dead card otherwise. I imagine golds will still be unique in some ways. Like how they will still not be targeted by resurrect, decoy or draw cards.

Gwent will be an entirely new game now. The meta is going to experience a huge shift which is good in my opinion. And people will have fun experimenting and getting used to it. The same way they did after closed beta. I have faith in CDPR. The only big concern is balancing issues. But I suppose there will be more patches for that down the line

I'm sure they'll rework Letho and Unseen Elder (boost them by extra, add a shield or armor to them, or simply give them a completely different ability.)

I gotta say I'm very skeptical about this change to golds. But as unenthusiastic as I am about this change, there are two things I want to point out:
1. While you'll be able to damage gold cards, you'll also be able to boost them. This could make special cards become much more important, and add new styles to the game.
2.yes, if the gold cards aren't changed many of them would become obsolete... But if they are changed- even a little bit- it could bring completely new strategies with it: for instance, a gold card with a devastating death wish could make it unwise to destroy.

At the end of the day, I lament what could be the end of gold cards being something special, the end of those four slots in your deck counting for so much, but who knows? maybe in a few months we'll have a different perspective...

NG spies is going to rule. Infiltrator alone is so awesome. Its a 9 body that can put/ toggle spy status on any card. Someone plays a spy against you, just toggle off the spy ability and then return it to your hand with Ehmyr. Or put spy on any SK unit, and it becomes impossible for the player to resurrect it.

So much spy synergy.

But not only for NG. CDPR gave every faction a huge tempo boost. Its gonna be utter madness now. Cant wait to see how the meta settles.

Top Bottom