Where is all the gadgetry?

+
When this game was first announced, some of the devs casually said there would be tons of gadgets and guns. So far we've seen a few of the latter, but only two of the former - nanowire and Flathead. Given that this is a cyberpunk future, I'm hoping we get a lot more than that. What kind of gadgets do you think would enhance gameplay? List examples from other games as well. And I should clarify- i'm not talking about cybernetic enhancements like Kiroshi, but rather items/tools the player would use. Think of James Bond or Batman's gadgets.

GoGo Gadget cyber-toothbrush coming out of my finger!
GoGo Gadget toothpaste!
*brush* *brush* *brush* *brush* *brush* *brush*
GoGo Gadget: feeling of hygenic comfort
heh, cool.

Seriously though, Maybe theres gonna be lots of other (also) cool stuff we haven't seen yet? Maybe there are more surprises? I can't wait to try that electromagnetic bullet stopping cyber katana that was mentioned long ago. :D (was the katana ever actually confirmed? I really hope so! someone please confirm!)

I'm amazed no one else wants to see more gadgets. It's 2077 and the best we have is a cell phone device??

I'm amazed no one else wants to see more gadgets.
I'm amazed you can't see how much I care. :(

(I care a lot!) :)

If your talking James Bond then weapons on the cars / bikes and things like smoke or oil to help you escape from the Scavs in the first demo .

GoGo Gadget cyber-toothbrush coming out of my finger!
GoGo Gadget toothpaste!
*brush* *brush* *brush* *brush* *brush* *brush*
GoGo Gadget: feeling of hygenic comfort
heh, cool.

Seriously though, Maybe theres gonna be lots of other (also) cool stuff we haven't seen yet? Maybe there are more surprises? I can't wait to try that electromagnetic bullet stopping cyber katana that was mentioned long ago. :D (was the katana ever actually confirmed? I really hope so! someone please confirm!)
"Go-go Mr.Studd Cyberpenis!"

I'm planning to play mainly Techie, so I would hope that I can make some cool gadgets and not just use Engineering for opening doors.

Honestly, I'm a bit cautious. The release date is only 7 months away. That's like nothing. Either the game will turn out to be an awful unfinished mess, or the devs will postpone the release - which is the most probable scenario. My bet is on October 2020 as the final release date.

Honestly, I'm a bit cautious. The release date is only 7 months away. That's like nothing. Either the game will turn out to be an awful unfinished mess, or the devs will postpone the release - which is the most probable scenario. My bet is on October 2020 as the final release date.
All "worry-hype" aside, I honestly rather that CDPR take more time, and provide a better game. I can wait until a few other good old games go on sale and play those until later in 2020. I can't handle how "excite-hype" I am for Cyberpunk2077, but I really would be happy to wait an extra several months longer if CDPR decided to actually do that, because = better game long term. When I finally get Cyberpunk2077, I want it to be literally magic. Yes, I do have high expectations, but I also say with confidence that CDPR is worthy of those feelings and admiration because they are really great people. I would cheer for them if they said "hey everyone, honestly we need some more time" I would say "Sure! Go for it!" *waits patiently*

NO PROBLEM. :)

I want plenty of gadgets, but I honestly have no bloody clue what they would be, so I'm just leaving that up to CDPR and I'll see what they give us. They aren't known for having loads of neat consummables to use, so I wouldn't expect more than a few cool grenades and that's it.

I guess I should say, the game seems too combat-focused for other options to be viable. In the Batman Arkham games, for example, there was loads of puzzle solving and non-combat gadgets.

It would be awesome if CDPR could implement a literal handgun, like in the movie 'Upgrade' where the mercs have actual guns inside their hands. Probably make them like for non-lethal handguns only?
Handgun.gif

PS: If more gadgets come to mind, I'll post them!

I want plenty of gadgets, but I honestly have no bloody clue what they would be, so I'm just leaving that up to CDPR and I'll see what they give us. They aren't known for having loads of neat consummables to use, so I wouldn't expect more than a few cool grenades and that's it.

I guess I should say, the game seems too combat-focused for other options to be viable. In the Batman Arkham games, for example, there was loads of puzzle solving and non-combat gadgets.

Some sort of tranquilizer gun / blow gun thingy like in Dishonored ?

Top Bottom