Where is my English version of the game?

+
Where is my English version of the game?

Today I decided to play a round of TW3. But when I started the game the intro was spoken in german...my mother tounge. I was confused, but waited for Dandelion tzo end his summaration and went to the main menu, to change languages...but the option to change into english was gone!

Is it my fault, and what can I do against it?

Hello !

Same question on my side, even if I'm french. I'm almost sure that few times ago it was possible to switch between the english and the french voices before loading a save game. But today I discover that the option does not exist any more in the game options and switch to english voices is not any more possible. When I search through the game files I see that the only voice files existing are the french ones.

Using Galaxy I switched to english language, so Galaxy uploaded the english .w3speech files... and deleted the french ones ! I had to reverse to french into Galaxy... and the french files were uploaded again and the english one deleted.

So the statement is : it is not any more possible to have two different country voices with Galaxy on the PC ! What happened ? Obviously this is a new bug because when you look on Gog.com website you can see that the english language pack does not exist : when you select English in the Gog.com library there is no english language pack available, probably because it is supposed to be part of the complete game distribution and to be always there. But today the english language disappeared from our PC. A Galaxy glitch ?

I'm a little confused by this - I have 1.12 on Steam and 1.10 on Gog. In both cases, the options at the main menu (before loading a game) are
- Subtitles on/off
- Language for the text
The voice languages are, from memory, set only at the time you install the game, and it's always been like that.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've never personally tried to change language before.

@TheGobbomage - If yours was the Gog version, I don't know if/why Galaxy changed your language, possibly from some Global settings, but I'd recommend you reinstall from outside Galaxy, i.e. directly from the installation files.

If you're not using the Gog/Galaxy version, please clarify on which it is.

Last edited:
Im using GoG Galaxy. And yes I switched multiple times between the languages. But now its not possible anymore. I can just change the country I life in, but im not sure if I can still pay with euros when I set "Region" to Great Brittain...

Last edited:
In that case, I'd definitely suggest that you "decouple" the game from Galaxy and reinstall manually, unless you have really strong reasons for wanting to run through Galaxy.
Also if Galaxy definitely doesn't give you the choice of changing installation language for games, I'd recommend you send a support form to CDPR on it (and possibly Gog too). I can't for the life of me see why the language setting in your Gog account should pass through to the game with no option to change it. It sounds as though someone has thought "Oh, this would be convenient" without actually thinking it through.

CDPR support here:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Hello again !

During the last days (23 and 25 of March) Galaxy has been updated two times to go from version 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 and then 1.1.8. The issue described above has been seen after Galaxy update to 1.1.8. Is it an issue coming from this upgrade. Definitively YES !!!

The evidence : beside my destop I have a laptop that I did not boot since two weeks. On this laptop the game is in 1.12.1 and Galaxy is still in 1.1.5. And you guess what ? The english and french files for the voices are still both there and it IS possible to choose between french and english in the main Witcher 3 menu before loading a save game !

So clearly the deletion of one of the two voices is a side effect of the Galaxy upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.1.8 ! Today Galaxy delete from the PC all the voices except the one that is selected as current language in Galaxy, which is stupid.

Seriously, guys in CDPR, what are you doing ? If you want that everybody stop using Galaxy keep on in this way ! On my side you can ne sure that I will not launch Galaxy any more on my laptop, I don't want to loose my english voices on this PC too ! Tomorrow I will try to have the two languages again on my desktop (copy files from my laptop for example), just to see if doing that the option to switch language from the main menu comes back... or if the option is definitively lost, which would show that the game has been slightly updated too.

If any of you do get this working, could you post me a screenshot of the game with this menu option in place? You've got me intrigued. I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

As I mentioned earlier, I have 1.12 on Steam and 1.10 on Gog (not Galaxy) and neither of them have a menu option for changing the Voice language. Steam has an option outside the game, which is what I thought was also the case in Galaxy. (In the past, if not now)

Last edited:
If it returns, Ill show you some screenshots. Basically it is a third line, whith the word "language" written above it...

Hey, all,
Until this matter with Galaxy has been sorted out, I recommend
@Dragonbird 's advice. Uninstall Galaxy, then re-install and patch the game using the regular GOG.com downloader, and also select the language packs you may need. I've had some serious issues with Galaxy myself, so I stopped using it. Downloading the language packs manually this way will restore the in-game menu option to shift between installed languages. I play in German and English, and, without using Galaxy, I still have the main menu option to switch.

Last edited:
I understand, Rivenll.

The drawback is that, because it is impossible to prevent the automatic update of Galaxy (something that should be changed), all the people that have used it afer the launch of 1.1.7 of 1.1.8 without been informed of this bug (i.e all the users of Galaxy) have already lost their speech files except the current language without any notice !

After this massive voice files destruction, it will be very difficult for GOG to push people using Galaxy again...

It's sad because Galaxy is the only reliable way to know our game time in Witcher 3, the internal time counter of Witcher 3 been bugged since the very first release... And the facility to update the games and verify/restore game files are good functionality.

I may look into it when I'm on the main menu - until now I only looked at the language section while ingame. I'll check it tomorrow when I'm home.

Last edited:
The option to install the second voice pack is originally available in the boxed game installers. We would like the 2nd voice pack to be preserved as Galaxy gets updated. GOG are investigating this issue.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher 3 Galaxy build was updated. Please restart your Galaxy and try using More -> Manage -> Verify/repair option in The Witcher 3 entry on Galaxy.

I've restarted Galaxy today, a 2,7 GB update was launched and my english voices are back besides the french one.
Thanks for the rebuild ! :thumbup:

Top Bottom