Where is that world?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ow, ow, a potato rubbish nitpicker. What you found here, my insignificant fault finding friend - is "many" of mistakes that "many" humans make, when typing or speaking. On serious note: Everyone just pile your excuses; imagine things. Potion system will punish you? Nay, mate. Famous combo - drink swallow + whatever you need. There are 27 animations, but they don't make a good appeal, swamp combat video looks bad with it's 27 animations. Dunno why everyone needs to state, that there are "n" amount of animations every time when they speak. Don't forget how much it's bigger than previous Tw games, and how much bigger than rubbish skyrim. Yeah, and it's a crowning ass achievement of the open arse world genre. Don't care much about Heralt, it's the world that builds feelings, and of course I'll get my doubts when I see fancy trailers, but when they show gameplay - boring rubbish. It's normal to doubt a product you want to buy, if some parts of the content are not that good.
'Course, a troll, everyone who doesn't like something everyone (a herd) else likes is a troll.

Well first off they still have 6 months left. You say animations suck? Where? Its obvious you haven`t read the books nor cared what other characters in the previous games said about witchers (I`m safely assuming as you mentioned playing other games). Here is tl;dr for you they are meant to be super-duper-ultra-turbo fast compared to usual human beings so it`s fully lore-accurate and to me very fun-looking and resoponsive (but thats subjective). And of course they will casualize the potion system becasue noone ever needed to use potions in older instalments. For example I have beaten dark mode using like 3 swallows, 1 mangusta and a copule of cats and thats about it therefore I see that and a necesery evil to encourage players. You say people comapare this to a game that has already been released Skyrim. Let me ask you a question: What other open world RPG has come out in the previous years that would be posible to compare TW 3 with? (by that I mean the key features: open world and RPG). Anyhow what do you want the gameplay to be like? Like CoD point and click games - wow so much fun and action WOW??? Well since I typed all of this I guess I`m just gonna post it. Even though I will probably be ashamed of letting myself getting trolled. YES you are a troll a guy who just made an account and accused some product which is 6 months away from release of being trash while you have no real evindence.

How about thinking about budge constraints before making such complaints? It's not like CDPR have billions at hand to make such a game. Witcher 3 will most likely look much better than GTA V on PC (without mods) and Rockstar/2k have 10 or 20 times the budget of CDPR...

There is not a single other game with the size of Witcher 3 which offers this amount of quality right now (only comparable game is probably MGS V). So yeah, there is always space for improvements, no question. But I don't like the tone here. It sounds much like entitlement instead of honest feedback of what you saw in a alpha/beta version of a game...

It's not what you say, but how you say it.

No evidence to back up? Mate, I see that everyone here don't know where to jump at to disagree with me. While I stated facts (at some points), others are a matter of taste, maybe. I'll summarize: Potions - {Fact}Simple, for people who doesn't want to think, combine 2 herbs, you have a potion.{Fact ends} Has no interesting elements, while it can be made as this - {Interesting Feature} As in Tw 1, alcohol opens slots for ingredients, better the base (alcohol), more slots you'll have + add a non generic system with more substances like rubedo, albedo, nigredo, an even more, to power up potions. If you're a good gatherer you'll make unique potions. (Same swallow, tawny owl, etc but with unique effects.) {Interesting Feature ends} Combat: I "Did Not" say, that animations are bad, animations are nice, that lad that spins with a sword (In a studio) , I rather watch that. {Fact} In a game, combat doesn't look that flashy, the flow of it is boring, like in a swamp, not interesting. I don't want to compare it to Batman, but they said it: "Our combat will be similar to Batmans". It doesn't look like that. Flow is different. The flow! It's edgy. I do like the animations that are captured from that sword spinning lad, and I do like their stunt team. In the game they didn't "connect" it right. {Fact ends}. Graphics - If it's on consoles, fine. Dunno if they will improve it a lot, or if they will. {Fact} Don't believe something in a trailer, if it's flashy, high quality, doesn't mean it will be the same in the gameplay, that's what I saw. {Fact ends}. Etc, etc, Don't refer it as I'm making it up, I see it, I tie it with a fact, I type. And about: "The game isn't ready, Their trailers say otherwise, same for gameplays (But gameplays are much worse, if they are not cuts in a trailer). And let me guess, new excuse will be; "Your facts are wrong". 'Course they are, I don't agree with you how insanely perfect the game is. Will you not play it if I don't like something in it? Nay, you will. So why all get offended? I simply like the series, but dislike how some parts of it are dull and not improved.(They ruin it on purpose,by not knowing how to improve, That goes from Tw2). Just patch your bursting butts, and don't react to it like it's and insult. Don't Compare it with other games, Just Improve things that are bad in it, and reach far. That's the way of Improvement. Again don't get insulted mates, I didn't insult anyone, while there are some dodgy things coming from some users. Play it, support them, if you like the game, cheers!

Last edited:
- Crossbows are in to give Geralt more combat options when dealing with flying and sea monsters. It also has some utility in exploiting monster weaknesses. They've said its not a ranged weapon you'll be firing off all the time.

-The comparison to Batman has to do with how they approach the "lock on", which was terrible in W2. They never said it would actually play like Batman.

- The griffin fight abruptly goes into a cinematic because they only had 5 minutes and didnt want to show off the whole thing. If you look, the Griffin's still had health when the cutscene started.

- We don't know anything about "Recommended potions". Maybe its an option? Maybe it only appears in a given circumstance? Too premature to complain about it.

- They've said combat was played on easy mode and dismemberment altered to happen more frequently for the demo. They've also said cleaning up animations and adding graphic polish is exactly the type of stuff they're spending the next 6 months on. This is another thing we'll need to see more of to properly judge.

Before you get your panties in a bunch when I say facts I mean for you to show me specific links about what your trying to discuss and not your interpretation of them . You can label them as facts all you want but in the end it`s your interpretation . We have absolutely no information on how potions are to be made and whether or not alcohol will be required to make them or what ingredients will be required . Nor do we know how many different potions there will be in the game . Again there is NO information to be had at the moment on the potion system .

Combat I want to be unique to this game . What I don`t want is copy/paste combat from other games .

If TW3s combat plays like Batman i'll join the ranks of the Drowners in the water closest to CDPR HQ.

blabla all I heard was bitching and whining
troll evidently joined just to complain fantastic

the game looks great and they still have enough time to fix stuff

How did you arrive at "biodrone"?

Dunno if this will clear your confusion, but you might not have seen the baby troll OP barf all over the thread... thankfully its been cleaned up, though theres still a whiff of a resentful crusade...

Okay guys enough, let's not resort to name calling or we're no better than the "biodrones" you refer to.

You are right sidspyker sorry for starting the name calling I'll delete my previous posts.It's just that when people say lies about something witcher related my "fanboyism" activates because I can't stand to here lies about my favorite franchise.

Epic montages of quick cuts is gonna look better than the real thing obviously.. I think the game looks great, but I agree that the witcher sense mode can look better.
Having in mind that this build is probably somewhere from may and the game releases in late February, If you don't like what you're seeing don't play it.

I don´t know. It sounded really interesting, but also extremely overpowered. If you know a monster (and at least first thing I did in 1 & 2 was getting monster lorebooks) and you logically start by removing its powers and then go for its weak points the poor thing it´s going to be down before it realizes you are there. Granted, it can be compensated, but I fear we could end with something close to the enemies of Dragon Age 2.

I understand, however a system could have balanced this out by using points of vigor, which the player must spend to target that monster's point. They could have made the system work. If nothing else, I hope it can still be salvaged through redkit mods

I understand, however a system could have balanced this out by using points of vigor, which the player must spend to target that monster's point. They could have made the system work. If nothing else, I hope it can still be salvaged through redkit mods

My guess is that they dropped it because they couldn't make it work.

Come on, a troll is someone that don't take things seriously, and he seems serious enough (still have a bit of doubts), but troll or not, we can't treat him like "pigdog stupid stalinist born in hell son of a bitch". And he's arguing his opinions, ok,this isn't facts, and an opinion is an opinion, but he can't be the only one thinking this. What he is, one of this 1/1000000 really rare people retard to have dumb opinions? I think not, if is his concerns, probably will be of many others, we can't be so "lucky" to have a pro nitpicker here, and he isn't the first to complain, also, for what I rememb, all of you were raging and nitpicking after the gameplay videos were released, but then suddenly everyone got used to what was happening. Some didn't got used (he's one) and probably are a bit right.
I am a good example of an unsatisfied person, I'm definitely not into this combat, HOWEVER, I know they are still developing the game, and probably fix it, but, even dough, we don't know if they will fail or not to solve, or if they are really working to fix that

Come on, a troll is someone that don't take things seriously, and he seems serious enough (still have a bit of doubts), but troll or not, we can't treat him like "pigdog stupid stalinist born in hell son of a bitch". And he's arguing his opinions, ok,this isn't facts, and an opinion is an opinion, but he can't be the only one thinking this. What he is, one of this 1/1000000 really rare people retard to have dumb opinions? I think not, if is his concerns, probably will be of many others, we can't be so "lucky" to have a pro nitpicker here, and he isn't the first to complain, also, for what I rememb, all of you were raging and nitpicking after the gameplay videos were released, but then suddenly everyone got used to what was happening. Some didn't got used (he's one) and probably are a bit right.
I am a good example of an unsatisfied person, I'm definitely not into this combat, HOWEVER, I know they are still developing the game, and probably fix it, but, even dough, we don't know if they will fail or not to solve, or if they are really working to fix that

Your not doing anybody any favors by bumping this thing, and I definitely don't intend to insult the OP if he is serious, and has legitimate concerns about the game. However this guy checks off all the standard flame bate material for a thread. Poor English with no grammatical structure making it hard to read which is irritating, hostile responses to people countering his complaints, and finally only about three replies to the thread in total. Now you have your response hyperbolically criticizing people for being to critical of of him, and thus pouring additional gasoline on to a smoldering fire. Honestly this formula is, so common, and cliche online that I hardly see any online communities still fall for outside of game faqs. Hell even youtube commentators are even starting to catch on.

Last edited:
Moderator: There being no current discussion other than whether the OP was a troll, this thread is on final notice.

Make a serious discussion of issues raised by the OP, refrain from discussing whether the OP was a troll, or the thread will be closed for cause.

UPDATE: In the absence of further comment by the OP or other parties with an interest in the OP's argument, the thread is closed to prevent badmouthing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom