Where is the card counter?

+
Where is the card counter?

As title.
I don't see any card counter in the videos I see on youtube.

Knowing the remaining number of cards is really important in this game, on the original game there was a card counter for both players,
why they removed it?

mjul

Forum veteran
You can now see the number of cards the enemy has. They are physically there and you can count them if you wish.
Since the number of cards will most likely only go down as the game progresses, I don't think there is a need for a counter.

You can now see the number of cards the enemy has. They are physically there and you can count them if you wish.
Since the number of cards will most likely only go down as the game progresses, I don't think there is a need for a counter.

personally I prefer the counter, small but I would like a counter.

Before asking such questions I think we should all wait for the beta :) Who knows, maybe the implemented it like in HS: So if hover over the deck with your mouse, a pop up window says how many cards you have left in your deck.

Also I don't think that a cardcounter for a game like Gwent is that important, since you mostly only draw cards by special abilities (e.g. spies).

Before asking such questions I think we should all wait for the beta :) Who knows, maybe the implemented it like in HS: So if hover over the deck with your mouse, a pop up window says how many cards you have left in your deck.

Also I don't think that a cardcounter for a game like Gwent is that important, since you mostly only draw cards by special abilities (e.g. spies).

it's question of taste but I feel that this feature is really important to me :D
we had the counter on the original game, why removing it?

I don't really see the need for it and surprisingly people sometimes missplay and and end up discarding a card because they failed to count correctly. When it comes to a card game you should look everywhere you can for things that increase the skill cap, no matter how small.

As title.
I don't see any card counter in the videos I see on youtube.

Knowing the remaining number of cards is really important in this game, on the original game there was a card counter for both players,
why they removed it?

There are a card counters
! You hover over your deck, graveyard or your opponent's deck or graveyard to see how many cards remaining! At least when you're using a mouse.

See images:

yourdeck.jpg

enemydeck.jpg

Last edited:
There are a card counters! You hover over your deck, graveyard or your opponent's deck or graveyard to see how many cards remaining! At least when you're using a mouse.

See images:

yourdeck.jpg

But it is only information about how many cards is in opponent's deck. I would like to see counter for cards on hand (I know that I can count it) But where there is more than 5 cards on hand, there is (there will be definately) time limit for your move, such information as cards on hand counter is needed to fast judge the situation instead of counting cards on screen.

But it is only information about how many cards is in opponent's deck. I would like to see counter for cards on hand (I know that I can count it) But where there is more than 5 cards on hand, there is (there will be definately) time limit for your move, such information as cards on hand counter is needed to fast judge the situation instead of counting cards on screen.

Oh. I didn't think you meant that. Well, as mentioned by others, they may add that! :D

mjul

Forum veteran
Since this is a similar and related topic, I won't make a separate thread and just post this in this one.

In his last Gwent gameplay commentary, KBT (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LozWhVR4QEY) touched upon the matter of a deck tracker for Gwent. For those who don't know it's an extremely useful tool that lists the card remaining in your deck, what has been played etc. and is often used in other CCGs, like Hearthstone.

Since all that info is readily available in Gwent and you can look through both graveyards at any time, then such a tool would for a Gwent player simply list all the info he already has access too. It would show you how many scorches your enemy has played, how many decoys etc. It would speed up the game, since those who play the game seriously would have to check the enemy's graveyard often. Now, they would have that listed neatly on the side of their screen.

What do you guys think? What info should such a deck tracker display? And is there anything that could possibly break the game and provide an unfair advantage that would be detrimental to the enjoyment of the game?

Last edited:
Knowledge about how many decoys your enemy has played, how many scorches etc is very important in advanced game. This knowledge plus deck building rules let you to predict (more cards used -> more info -> more accurate prediction) what may happen in the future. So far we need to use our memory or look into graveyard to be able to do that. Such tool as deck tracker will be usefull, but I am afraid that there is no place on screen (in present look) to put such information.

mjul

Forum veteran
Knowledge about how many decoys your enemy has played, how many scorches etc is very important in advanced game. This knowledge plus deck building rules let you to predict (more cards used -> more info -> more accurate prediction) what may happen in the future. So far we need to use our memory or look into graveyard to be able to do that. Such tool as deck tracker will be usefull, but I am afraid that there is no place on screen (in present look) to put such information.

Nah, there is always a way to squeeze it in. Though I doubt it would be implemented by CDPR, more likely modders would do that.

Nice to have seen that they added the small card counter number on the latest beta.

Absolutely mandatory for me.

Thank you reds

I'd rather not see it made that easy in the game. In my opinion this is one of those areas where good players will distinguish themselves from other players.

I'd rather not see it made that easy in the game. In my opinion this is one of those areas where good players will distinguish themselves from other players.

I agree. And that is why I enjoy the game without it. Victories taste better! :D

Top Bottom