Where is the fauna?

+
Apologies if this has been brought up prior, but this is perplexing to me.

No pigeons wandering around the parking lots and sitting on the rooftops of the city.

No rats jumping through the trash and around the restaurants.

No dogs running around the back alleys.

No seagulls in the dump.

Out in the Badlands, there are no lizards, hawks, snakes, coyotes, antelopes and crows.

Sure, we get a cat but its just reused.

In freaking Fallout a damn nuke dropped and there was wildlife. And don't get me start on the game's lore and how I need to keep playing the game. Having no fauna works in the pen and paper Cyberpunk, but as a video game its just so damn dull. Why not have escaped animals? You know cybernetic ones, like rats etc. Or rich people releasing weird animals out in the badlands like that jaguar they no longer want.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, when I die I want to go where they went". --Will Rogers.

Man, no dogs? That's sad Not even cows? Goats? Chickens? What do people eat? I always figured that maybe only really rich people could afford "real" meat, but that it still existed.

Yeah this is an actual part of the lore, it is why the iguana you smuggle in the Nomad life path is considered so valuable

But what is the dealio with the cats? I mean they kind of show up all over the city and are even pointed out by Takemura, then when you enter mikoshi you take the hallway to the rooftops where multiple cats watch you, is there some sort of hidden meaning that I am failing to grasp here?

Fallout's a bit different, as the the game has rad removing technology. Cyberpunk doesn't, really.

Where are the naked strippers? Nite City is so depressing. I did see a cat. And I did see naked strippers. The they patched them out. Sad )-=
Basically veggie burgers with sawdust, biotechnica can still grow and harvest crops because they have equipment to do so, the badlands are too harsh for most crops as everything is turned to dust.
Animals yet live, cows and birds etc but they're outlawed and are smuggled in cities for a high price by Nomads.
Cows were filled with antibios and testosterone to fight off the plague and even that wasn't enough.
Some still take the risk to eat disease-ridden animals but I can't go in details for spoilers.
Post automatically merged:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Food for reference.
Some call it "The food crash"

Last edited:
Yeah this is an actual part of the lore, it is why the iguana you smuggle in the Nomad life path is considered so valuable

But what is the dealio with the cats? I mean they kind of show up all over the city and are even pointed out by Takemura, then when you enter mikoshi you take the hallway to the rooftops where multiple cats watch you, is there some sort of hidden meaning that I am failing to grasp here?
There is a theory that the cat is actually a cat spirit as Takemura points it out. And I can easily see that being canon, considering you actually can find the cat sitting next to a bag at a accident, indicating that it's body is inside the bag.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, when I die I want to go where they went". --Will Rogers.

Man, no dogs? That's sad Not even cows? Goats? Chickens? What do people eat? I always figured that maybe only really rich people could afford "real" meat, but that it still existed.

If you read the ads, or look at the billboard's they tell you the food is synthetic.
Its man made food, or it is worms and grubs and insects.

Top Bottom