Where is the news for 1.2 ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What CDPR is not doing, compared to other large name releases, is declaring what their sprint release schedule is like, and putting a line in the sand about what gets fixed or added.

The lawsuits aside, the total gap between customer experience on last Gen consoles threw their release schedule completely off. It's quite clear from the extremely fuzzy time window after 1.2 that they can't even project roughly where they will deliver DLCs (you can extrapolate all you want, but unless there is a time-date even quarter - committed against those DLCs, it could be anywhere between now and Christmas 2021).

What needs to happen is more transparency around what happens after break-fix on Last Gen - more detail, more time commitment, more understanding if they're running a sprint that will take weeks or months. MS/Asobo did this really well, after arguably a rough start that rivaled the CP2077 launch, by holding Dev Q&As monthly, and showing a list of a) items and functionality they are fixing, and roughly when, and b) listening to Voice of the Customer input by allowing a vote to happen on which customer features need to be addressed first.

Between those things, they gained and restored a lot of customer trust and confidence back from what could have been the worst revival of a flagging Flight Sim genre. And they're dealing with an even less mature BlackShark AI + Bing Maps Cloud based delivery of real world scenery that EVERYONE can and does critique daily (people can just look out the window and compare it to what they see on their screens for the rendition of where they live or fly daily). REDEngine and the CP2077 world are entirely a CDPR creation and fully within their control.

Are there any betting providers to bet on Cyberpunk related things? I'd really like to bet on 1.2 release date amongst other things.

I could imagine that after the security incident in their network they got other problems to solve. Cleaning and investigating this mess, backups - the devs can't work and this all cost time. Days or even weeks.
tl;dr: I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't understand people saying that the hack will delay the patch? Why? The developers are working on the patch, the hack is a concern of the higher ups and the legal team.

Feb 26 the 1.2 will arrive, for sure.

What will have on it, not even CDPR knows, but i think there will be just bug fixes, don´t expect major game changes.
They could be releasing one patch each week, but the marketing tell to release "big" patches...

In case anyone wants to follow, this is a good site to know if they will release something or not.

cause the boss said so?

Where? Source?
Post automatically merged:

There are quite a few reasons why it could affect the patch and cause delay.

At this point, CDPR saying it would affect short term work, which at this moment is patches, is enough said.
Don't see why that would be, unless they want to punish us for somehow contributing to this mess. Let's compare that to the fireman putting out a building on fire, who really aren't affected by the building being sold to another owner.

Where? Source?
Post automatically merged:

Don't see why that would be, unless they want to punish us for somehow contributing to this mess. Let's compare that to the fireman putting out a building on fire, who really aren't affected by the building being sold to another owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom