Where is the news for 1.2 ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did actually.

They indicated a big patch in January and a big patch in February. The roadmap they later published indicates those patches to be 1.1 and 1.2 respectively.

Soooooo:shrug:
Considering their servers were hacked it would be nice for them to at least come here to their own forum where the most dedicated fans are and create a post saying whether or not February's patch is still on track. They don't have to commit to anything, just a friendly hello to say how things are going.

Having read that big yellow announcement poster again, it sounds like February's patch might in fact be aimed more at consoles, so for PC I'm not holding my breath any longer... whew.

Considering their servers were hacked it would be nice for them to at least come here to their own forum where the most dedicated fans are and create a post saying whether or not February's patch is still on track. They don't have to commit to anything, just a friendly hello to say how things are going.

Having read that big yellow announcement poster again, it sounds like February's patch might in fact be aimed more at consoles, so for PC I'm not holding my breath any longer... whew.

It was always going to be aimed more at consoles.

That is literally where the game is hurting most AND the reason the Polish government is applying pressure on CDPR. Their only move is to make consoles their top priority right now. Once that is done they can start improving the game.

The rest I aim generally.

People need to temper their expectations massively. The chances of this next patch being the holy grail a lot of us want are slim to none. It will be bug fixes and performance/stability improvements. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Gordon Forbid me saying so, but at times we need to remember this is just a 'videogame', given the problems of the world at large... so expectations should, if anything be geared up to at least allowing those people who paid their $50 (other currencies are available) and did NOT grab a refund, to be able to actually play the game to a modern accepted standard. Those who demanded or got a refund can quietly slink off into the shadows IMHO and say.. nothing.... the rest of us expecting the game of our dreams or just trying to extract every pound of digital flesh for our cash, will, I think, have to just take a deep breath and.... wait....

Last edited:
And if this silence foreshadowed the imminent arrival of patch 1.2 AND the first contents ... :D:D:D

Gordon Forbid me saying so, but at times we need to remember this is just a 'videogame', given the problems of the world at large... so expectations should, if anything be geared up to at least allowing those people who paid their $50 (other currencies are available) and did NOT grab a refund, to be able to actually play the game to a modern accepted standard. Those who demanded or got a refund can quietly slink off into the shadows IMHO and say.. nothing.... the rest of us expecting the game of our dreams or just trying to extract every pound of digital flesh for our cash, will, I think, have to just take a deep breath and.... wait....

THIS,above,FULLY describes in the best sense where we all should be.

Be patient.

Agree, they need to communicate more with their fan base that did not return the game.

Just keeping this thread alive. While it's hard to not feel human sympathy for CDPR with the ransomware attack, I'd at least like to hear that they actually HAVE backups to the source code and maybe provide some idea of how much time this might set them back by. My own selfish reason is that if patch 1.2 will be coming out in less than a month, I'm not sure I want to start a new game.

The "Hack" came at a very convenient time. Lot's of excuses can be born from the "Hack".

I don't trust CDPR anymore. The Management/Board have shown their true Colors. I bet the Dev's are leaving in droves.
Post automatically merged:

The "Hack" came at a very convenient time. Lot's of excuses can be born from the "Hack".

I don't trust CDPR anymore. The Management/Board have shown their true Colors. I bet the Dev's are leaving in droves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom