Where is the news for 1.2 ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Hack" came at a very convenient time. Lot's of excuses can be born from the "Hack".

No company ever openly states it was "hacked" just for lols or as excuses. The hack came at the worst possible time, and smacks of opportunist black-hats trying to make a fast buck on the fact that they assumed CDPR to be desperate enough to capitulate to blackmail. The reality is it is costing CPDR a shed-load of cash just to get back to where it was at Christmas, without malicious code still around. That is money they can sorely afford to spend, but would rather do so that pay ransom demands.

If you think having a server network hacked and encrypted "its a convenient excuse" you are sorely mistaken and are drinking way too much cool-aid from the tin-foil hat brigade.

Gordon Forbid me saying so, but at times we need to remember this is just a 'videogame', given the problems of the world at large... so expectations should, if anything be geared up to at least allowing those people who paid their $50 (other currencies are available) and did NOT grab a refund, to be able to actually play the game to a modern accepted standard. Those who demanded or got a refund can quietly slink off into the shadows IMHO and say.. nothing.... the rest of us expecting the game of our dreams or just trying to extract every pound of digital flesh for our cash, will, I think, have to just take a deep breath and.... wait....
Personally, I think it would be best to keep expectations in check, considering all that's been happening recently. Of course I would like patch 1.2 to be released today, since I'm waiting for it to start another playthrough. On the other hand, I also think it would be natural if the patch would end up being delayed, because of all the consequences of the hack had on CDPR, as shown by many news outlets. This is especially bad for the devs who are working very hard to fix a game, that they didn't want to release in the state it was.

Last edited:
Sony really put the nails in the coffin when they removed the game from the ps store. I don't think that I've ever seen a major title so bad that it got removed. This didn't even happen to Anthem.

LOL, silly rabbit, we are not the consumer anymore we are the product! The investors are the customer now in the AAA game industry!
Well if you consider yourself a product,,good for you,and ill pass the rabbit hole thank you...cuz i am not hiding in a hole

Not as if 1.2 would fix any of the problems. The game is broken when it comes to tech, immersion and story telling and needs another year with a full team working on it and then a re-release. A patch won't fix this.

No company ever openly states it was "hacked" just for lols or as excuses.

No company announces to the world they had a security breach. Period. Unless the breach affects their customers' private information and they need to notify them, but they said it doesn't (unless that was another lie) and even in that scenario it might be in their best interest to keep quiet about it. That's why so many people doubt and speculate they did it as an excuse to delay further. And can you blame them, as the idiom goes "the liar is not believed when he tells the truth" and CDPR certainly earned that reputation.

Sony really put the nails in the coffin when they removed the game from the ps store. I don't think that I've ever seen a major title so bad that it got removed. This didn't even happen to Anthem.

On the technical side Anthem was not as flawed as Cyberpunk. Anthem's problems were the lack of a meaningful endgame, long term goals and loot variety.

No company announces to the world they had a security breach. Period. Unless the breach affects their customers' private information and they need to notify them, but they said it doesn't (unless that was another lie) and even in that scenario it might be in their best interest to keep quiet about it. That's why so many people doubt and speculate they did it as an excuse to delay further. And can you blame them, as the idiom goes "the liar is not believed when he tells the truth" and CDPR certainly earned that reputation.

Sorry that is nonsense. Just go read the news for the last two years and see how many companies were hacked. The fact that no customer private data was affected is irrelevant. There is no way to keep it "secret", when the hackers are more than willing to spread company data online for sale. The people "speculating" are frankly idiots who do not live in the real world.

this is why Half Life 3 wil never come, because the expectations are so way over the skies that even if HL3 would be an awesome game can't shoot over the expectations ... this is why CP2077 failed in may ways, they hyped up the game so much that even the gamers among them carried on hyping, and the result was a mediocore game besides the bugs. This is why No Mans Sky failed too, but that is another story, and nowdays they could live up the expectations after 2-3 years of hard work and adding content

It was pulled from PS store because they mutually agreed to do so and because cdpr announced refunds without consulting with sony first, not just because of the issues.
It sounded like CDPR was not fully on board with Sony pulling it from the store. From the timeline, it sounds like Sony was not on board with CDPR stepping up and telling people to get a refund. Sony did not say why they pulled it, but I think that the refund announcement was a huge part of the reason.

I own a PS4, but not a PS5. To me, this looks like Sony taking things too far as much as it looks like CDPR dropped the ball on quality. As a Sony customer, I am not happy with this, as I expect that CDPR will fix it. I would rather be the judge of when that happens, not Sony. Sony has made a big splash with their decision, and that will repeat when they return it to the store. I expect it to be good enough for me on the PS4 long before Sony decides to return it to the store.

No company announces to the world they had a security breach. Period. Unless the breach affects their customers' private information and they need to notify them, but they said it doesn't (unless that was another lie) and even in that scenario it might be in their best interest to keep quiet about it. That's why so many people doubt and speculate they did it as an excuse to delay further.
There is no chance chance that a company run by adults would be faking a hack just so they could delay patches for a couple of weeks. These sorts of things don't happen once the maturity level gets above "high school". The fallout would be bad, and any adult would know that. It would be much worse than "we won't tell them how bad PS4 really is" sort of stuff. It would be much worse than "we have to delay the patch by a month".

There is no chance chance that a company run by adults would be faking a hack just so they could delay patches for a couple of weeks. These sorts of things don't happen once the maturity level gets above "high school". The fallout would be bad, and any adult would know that. It would be much worse than "we won't tell them how bad PS4 really is" sort of stuff. It would be much worse than "we have to delay the patch by a month".
But the reality is that the game is of very poor quality on xbox one and ps4 1, they work for nothing because it will always remain so and in the meantime we are like idiots waiting for something, when they understand that we must forget the game on these consoles, they will have understood everything. There, they waste time for consoles which are no longer powerful enough for their game engine! You don't need 30 years of study to figure this out! We must focus on content in my opinion and on the continuation of things, different stories.

But the reality is that the game is of very poor quality on xbox one and ps4 1, they work for nothing because it will always remain so and in the meantime we are like idiots waiting for something, when they understand that we must forget the game on these consoles, they will have understood everything. There, they waste time for consoles which are no longer powerful enough for their game engine! You don't need 30 years of study to figure this out! We must focus on content in my opinion and on the continuation of things, different stories.
I am stuck in a time loop. I saw this an hour ago, or so, but did not reply. When I went to reply, it was gone. No trace of it. Now it is back. If you read this reply before I write it, you know why. :)

Your response presumes that the game cannot run on older generation consoles, so it is not worth the effort. My assumption is that Red Engine 4 is expected to scale the game, and what is happening on PS4 and XBox Old is that is not working right. Thus, eventually, this will get dialed in, probably with some tuning of the game specific to PS4 and XBox Old. This will open the game up to boatloads of people who have not been able to get newer generation hardware.

However, you are probably correct in the assumption that the experience on PS4 and XBox Old will always be "lesser" than other experiences. These older consoles are museum pieces, after all. :)

I am stuck in a time loop. I saw this an hour ago, or so, but did not reply. When I went to reply, it was gone. No trace of it. Now it is back. If you read this reply before I write it, you know why. :)

Your response presumes that the game cannot run on older generation consoles, so it is not worth the effort. My assumption is that Red Engine 4 is expected to scale the game, and what is happening on PS4 and XBox Old is that is not working right. Thus, eventually, this will get dialed in, probably with some tuning of the game specific to PS4 and XBox Old. This will open the game up to boatloads of people who have not been able to get newer generation hardware.

However, you are probably correct in the assumption that the experience on PS4 and XBox Old will always be "lesser" than other experiences. These older consoles are museum pieces, after all. :)

No problem, I was moderated to have I guess, wrote the word "shit" for older generation consoles. Sorry, well anyway in the future everyone will have to go to the next gen, (I don't have one, but I have the ps4 1, I had planned the shot, I boosted the PC to play on PC). Of course it will inevitably affect more people ... but as said above, technology evolves, we must follow and do with it. Like the ps1 ps2 ps3, nintendo, super nintendo ect ... they must be realistic. Instead of going deeper, working on a rendering, which will never be the one they had shown, they should prioritize content while working at the same time on the optimization of the old consoles before things take a worse turn, and that players who can enjoy the game also leave it out.

this is why Half Life 3 wil never come, because the expectations are so way over the skies that even if HL3 would be an awesome game can't shoot over the expectations ... this is why CP2077 failed in may ways, they hyped up the game so much that even the gamers among them carried on hyping, and the result was a mediocore game besides the bugs. This is why No Mans Sky failed too, but that is another story, and nowdays they could live up the expectations after 2-3 years of hard work and adding content

I agree that hype can blow expectations sky-high.

However, when the smoke/hype clears and the game is released, the actual quality of the game will be revealed. We all know what the quality of CP is, regardless of the hype. Its just a buggy, barely playable mess founded on false pretenses.

While it would be impossible for HL3 to live up to its expectations, lets be real here. They ain't gonna release a buggy mess.

They have taked the game for another reason...not everything is true...there are far worst games on ps4 that crash and are a pain the ass...what pissed off sony was the uncensored stuff on the game...and they the perfect excuse to take game down...

I guess my thought here is that, while it would be a vicious and thankless job, any studio would be better served in publishing a weekly update on what's in-flight. I mean, even if the update was that work has slowed but they're working to get back on track, communication with their most dedicated player base will only help them earn back their reputation.

They could also use a weekly update to post vids on how they made aspects of the game (voice recording, art design, etc]. It's just strange to me, being a 'corpo' in real life, that they don't have a regular cadence of updating the community.

I rather have them work at peace and consider information lockdown understandable under circumstances. Someone speaking corpo to me doesn't really enhance my experience. Don't watch that stuff.

Honestly It wouldn't surprise me if CDPR was the one buying back the source codes given the sum ( 7 million dollars, a lot but still not much given the company recent profits ). If no user data was stolen, what was the point of publicly speaking about that? A private message to employees/ ex employees would have been enough instead of an unprofessional twitter post.
At this point i just expect the next patch to be moved to march or be a small collection of hotfixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom