Where is the news for 1.2 ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly It wouldn't surprise me if CDPR was the one buying back the source codes given the sum ( 7 million dollars, a lot but still not much given the company recent profits ). If no user data was stolen, what was the point of publicly speaking about that? A private message to employees/ ex employees would have been enough instead of an unprofessional twitter post.
At this point i just expect the next patch to be moved to march or be a small collection of hotfixes.

Problem is even if you pay 7 millions you get a copy of your own data and a "promise" from the thief to delete it ( yeah, right) and not to resell to anyone else...

Problem is even if you pay 7 millions you get a copy of your own data and a "promise" from the thief to delete it ( yeah, right) and not to resell to anyone else...
Exactly. It's not like they stole something physical. It would also open them up to being blackmailed regularly to continuelly keep the information from coming out. The only logical thing to do is what CDPR did: take a "we will not negotiate with terrorists" approach and get out in front of it. Now they have no leverage, and if all the crap they said they took is true, everyone is already aware of it.

Guest 4519094

there has literally been a couple of accounts coming in this very forum to say stuff like
"CDPR very stupid company should have paid ransom now they're screwed lolol",
that's how brazen the people coming after the employees of CDPR the content creators making content around CDPR games and even CDPR fans are.
Please don't give them the time of day ;) or night

Just put it in the PlayStation store for Christ sake. People want to buy it. I would buy it right now if it were in the PS Store, bugged or not. Does cdpr not like $ or something???

Just put it in the PlayStation store for Christ sake. People want to buy it. I would buy it right now if it were in the PS Store, bugged or not. Does cdpr not like $ or something???
Quote from a new outlet "It was in response to both the game not working well at all on PlayStation 4, and CDPR directing people to Sony to ask for refunds, when Sony had a longstanding policy not to refund digital purchases, which they changed, due to the unprecedented situation with Cyberpunk. "

Honestly It wouldn't surprise me if CDPR was the one buying back the source codes given the sum ( 7 million dollars, a lot but still not much given the company recent profits ). If no user data was stolen, what was the point of publicly speaking about that?
Companies listed on stock exchange are reqiured by law to inform the public about such things? Is that reason good enough for you?

Sorry that is nonsense. Just go read the news for the last two years and see how many companies were hacked.

It's usually the hackers that make that information public. In this case it was CDPR that showed the hackers message. The hackers could just sell the stolen data in the dark web and no one outside would ever know if news didn't pick up on it.

"Implying stealing source codes is somewhat useful for the person who bought it"
Guess what, it's not :beer: And given the number of spaghetti code in those games the only one who actually got the better end of the stick was the one who sold them

Your response presumes that the game cannot run on older generation consoles, so it is not worth the effort. My assumption is that Red Engine 4 is expected to scale the game, and what is happening on PS4 and XBox Old is that is not working right. Thus, eventually, this will get dialed in, probably with some tuning of the game specific to PS4 and XBox Old. This will open the game up to boatloads of people who have not been able to get newer generation hardware.

However, you are probably correct in the assumption that the experience on PS4 and XBox Old will always be "lesser" than other experiences. These older consoles are museum pieces, after all. :)

There are limits beyond which scaling graphics up or down doesn't work so well. No matter how low quality you make the textures, if the on screen geometry is just too much for the hardware, then you are in a real bind to make it run. Then your only options become things like distance fog to lessen the amount of geometry you have to draw...but that looks terrible, especially in a huge open city environment where you want to see all those distant buildings, vehicles, and people.

The real problem is the decision to try to get it working on these older platforms. "All things to all people" rarely (never?) works out. If instead CDPR laser-focused on making it run really well on new consoles and higher-end PCs (say a 1080ti, newer CPU, and 16GB ram as minimum PC spec) they could have really reached for the moon in the engine and made something spectacular.

Of course that would exclude some folks from the game...but it would also give those people aspirations and a reason to upgrade hardware. Make it a *true* next-gen experience and then you don't have to waste time squeezing every molecule of performance just to get decent low end performance. Instead you can focus on what will make players really (and reviewers) happy: a jaw-dropping experience with great visuals, systems, UI, and story, that will remain playable for years and scale up as you upgrade.

Of course that would exclude some folks from the game...but it would also give those people aspirations and a reason to upgrade hardware. Make it a *true* next-gen experience and then you don't have to waste time squeezing every molecule of performance just to get decent low end performance. Instead you can focus on what will make players really (and reviewers) happy: a jaw-dropping experience with great visuals, systems, UI, and story, that will remain playable for years and scale up as you upgrade.
That would have excluded, not "some", but "a lot" of people from the game. I would question whether they would have sold enough to even recover development costs.

They made the right decision to support older PCs and consoles.

It's usually the hackers that make that information public. In this case it was CDPR that showed the hackers message. The hackers could just sell the stolen data in the dark web and no one outside would ever know if news didn't pick up on it.

The fact that employee data was stolen makes this a privacy issue. If CDPR doesn't report it to at least their employees (which means it will leak to the press) they're in for some serious GDPR trouble. Pretty sure that's the last thing they need now.

That's likely also why they communicated about there being no user data stolen as far as they know. It is very much a CYA move (well, on top of simply being the right thing to do) as they are now covered should user data turn out to be stolen after all (as long as they report it as soon as they discover such).

That would have excluded, not "some", but "a lot" of people from the game. I would question whether they would have sold enough to even recover development costs.

They would've of.

Not saying the overall spirit of your post is wrong. It's not, it's quite right.

Just saying that they would've recovered the game's cost. 10.2 million digital sales, 80% of which were on PC. So 8 million copies at 60$ a piece. Even minus an overly conservative 30% seller's cut applied across the board, it's still 336 million. Covers the game's cost of 313 million. It's shit profit though.

Last edited:
They would've of.

Not saying the overall spirit of your post is wrong. It's not, it's quite right.

Just saying that they would've recovered the game's cost. 10.2 million digital sales, 80% of which were on PC. So 8 million copies at 60$ a piece. Even minus an overly conservative 30% seller's cut applied across the board, it's still 336 million. Covers the game's cost of 313 million. It's shit profit though.
Yes and it's essential for CDPR to get this game back to PSN store. Game still sells on Xbox digital but those sales aren't public. Rumors about CDRP abandoning the game or anything like that are either very uninformed or dishonest to begin with as it doesn't make economical sense for CDPR to do so.

Yes and it's essential for CDPR to get this game back to PSN store. Game still sells on Xbox digital but those sales aren't public. Rumors about CDRP abandoning the game or anything like that are either very uninformed or dishonest to begin with as it doesn't make economical sense for CDPR to do so.

It's a typical reaction and one I'd expect from anyone with very little knowledge of the industry. More specifically, the commercial aspects of any industry. Abandoning a brand new IP upon which your entire long-term business plan relies isn't something you do easily if at all. Especially with video games being the easiest they've ever been to update and potentially change from top to bottom as necessary.

The game needed to cook for a while longer to realize it's full potential. Of that there is no doubt. People are impatient though and will create more issues out of thin air during the time it takes to, hopefully, realize that potential.

There are plenty of PC-only AAA titles that make lots of money. The key is to make compelling gameplay instead of wasting time trying to shoehorn dumbed-down features into ancient hardware.

Yea, that "right decision" is working out very well for them. They can't even sell the game on one of the two major console platforms and all their dev time is spent trying to make that version work, while the game persists for months in a broken state. Brilliant.
Post automatically merged:

They would've of.

They would have sold more than 8mil copies if they spent their dev time making the PC and next-gen console play kickass instead of wasting huge swaths of time hoping to make it work on ancient hardware and largely failing.

Sony really put the nails in the coffin when they removed the game from the ps store. I don't think that I've ever seen a major title so bad that it got removed. This didn't even happen to Anthem.
Honestly, i never seen a game crash like this did on playstation, my guess is the crashing is what got it pulled. I counted all my crashes so far (stopped playing 2 weeks ago) I am at 61 on ps4 pro since release.

There are plenty of PC-only AAA titles that make lots of money. The key is to make compelling gameplay instead of wasting time trying to shoehorn dumbed-down features into ancient hardware.

Yea, that "right decision" is working out very well for them. They can't even sell the game on one of the two major console platforms and all their dev time is spent trying to make that version work, while the game persists for months in a broken state. Brilliant.

The original comment suggested limiting PC to better hardware, as well. For example, establishing a cut at 1080Ti, and additional restrictions on memory and processor. Basically, the comment was to drop what is currently at "Minimum" and make "Recommended" the new "Minimum". That would probably push what is "High" into "Recommended". The game would then be tuned for what is currently "High" and "Ultra".

Upgrading the GPU right now is very expensive, and if people have to upgrade to play on PC, it is going to limit the adoption of the game. At least, for anyone who skips buying a game when their system is below the minimum in one or more ways.

Upgrading the GPU right now is very expensive, and if people have to upgrade to play on PC, it is going to limit the adoption of the game. At least, for anyone who skips buying a game when their system is below the minimum in one or more ways.
There's also shortage of high end graphics cards and next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom