Where is the Silence mechanic?

+
Where is the Silence mechanic?

Like the title says, I think this mechanic is needed in card game to break overpowered combination of cards. Most card game have this mechanic, why not in gwent.

Could you explain how it would work ?

Because from where i'm standing, i don't see many cases where it would be strong.

A cleaning effect would be more fitting probably

bre3zer;n7090610 said:
Could you explain how it would work ? Because from where i'm standing, i don't see many cases where it would be strong. A cleaning effect would be more fitting probably
Remove buff and ability. I think it's strong if used properly
This is some example :
  • Roach (no longer return to the board)
  • Margarita ( remove passive)
  • Operator/Dandelion/Spy ( if you think they want to reuse(decoy/medic) this card silence it)
  • Hawker supp/Sarah (remove the buff)
  • Immune unit ( silence it and apply weather)
  • Savage bear.(Bear on the board and you need to use Priscilla)
  • Reaver hunter (if you kill it they will revive so you'll need to silence)
  • Trap ( Silence will reveal the trap)
  • Deathwish unit
  • Resilient unit
  • Medic ( No more unit ability when they want to resurrect it)
After they added silence mechanic, they can add silence trap too.

Ecceptor;n7090800 said:
Remove buff and ability. I think it's strong if used properly
This is some example :
  • Roach (no longer return to the board)
  • Margarita ( remove passive)
  • Operator/Dandelion/Spy ( if you think they want to reuse(decoy/medic) this card silence it)
  • Hawker supp/Sarah (remove the buff)
  • Immune unit ( silence it and apply weather)
  • Savage bear.(Bear on the board and you need to use Priscilla)
  • Reaver hunter (if you kill it they will revive so you'll need to silence)
  • Trap ( Silence will reveal the trap)
  • Deathwish unit
  • Resilient unit
  • Medic ( No more unit ability when they want to resurrect it)
After they added silence mechanic, they can add silence trap too.

Seems good. But don't you think, it's a little too strong in the current game ? All you would have to do with your silence, is finding what is the center piece of you opponent, and destroy it.
Rendering a lot of not that strong decks pretty much useless ?

If such a mechanic is introduce, they also need to add counters to it. Making decks pools a little smaller than they are right now.

here is the problem i find with your idea.it is way too general.there are counters to almost everything you have listed above,and creating a single card that counters all of the above would render those counters useless.

for example,any buff is countered by weather and dimeritrium bomb.

i can find more examples but i dont think there is a point.if a silence card does get introduced,then imo it should do something more specific than "remove all text" or something like that.

bre3zer;n7091090 said:
But don't you think, it's a little too strong in the current game ?
If it's too good, then attach the ability to golden unit, or it could be just to remove the ability only(not buff). The idea is there, if it's too strong or weak, it's up to balance team to the testing.

In any game Silence work on creatures while they are in play. Here you want it to work on those in graveyard. I think it's terrible idea.

Half-a-Cat;n7091950 said:
In any game Silence work on creatures while they are in play. Here you want it to work on those in graveyard. I think it's terrible idea.
Why so? I think it's fair because most card in this game have "when played" effect,unlike any card game.

I dont think such a card would fit into Gwent. There should be remove from play cards that can remove a card from the graveyard or field like we already do have some i think.

Top Bottom