Where is the wakizashi melee weapon?

+
I think, and dont quote me on this, it might be tied to lifepath. I know there is a gun you can only get as Corpo from your boss at the start, and I am pretty sure I had the wakazashi at one point. I remember a short blade saying it was a katana for wimps or something along those lines. If that is close to what the guide says the description is for the blade, then its absolutely in game. Where I just cannot be sure.

The guide is correct on all other weapons and vehicles
There's an Iconic weapon in the guide located in Maiko's office that can't actually be obtained, so I'm not sure if I would 100% trust that atm. I think it's called Second Chance, but when you add it to your inventory on PC through console commands it's called Death and Taxes or something. Sorry I can't answer your question but I ran into that problem the other night :(

As far as I can see there is no wazikashi.. I think I have all the katana (mostly via console) and some tanto from loot. I would like more choices here, especially the option to do dual blades ( Assasin Build) style using two weapons. The wazikashi was an ancillary samurai sword and was worn at the same time as katana so it's an essential part of the Japanese style. It would be great to get proper display stands for them in your apartment also and also to 'wear' the swords instead of it just being hidden inventory, same goes for guns also and some decent animations for Japanese swordplay combat. (Hopefully modders will offer some of these ideas along with the rapidly improving TPP mod giving 3rd person view.) There are CDPR publicity photos showing a neon edged katana (thermal) but I don't know if it actually is in game; don't think so as I have commented on another post where someone else has said it's not in the content now. I'll be even happier if some creative modder releases working lightsabres as they did in Fallout and Skyrim, they were real fun.

I suppose for formality reasons a complete set of blades makes sense. But it's not really useful in game since you can't dual wield.

Again, if you're a collector, great. I don't particularly care to complete the Stash so it's no big loss to me.

Top Bottom