Where is Vehicle Handling Files Patch 1.5 PC

+
Searched and searched and all I could find was people saying get a mod. I've tried the mods, they are rather limiting in their own way. I've scoured the archives and game folder, have NO IDEA where the game is getting it's vehicle handling info from. I have no Handling.ini file. Anyone know where the games vanilla vehicle handling data is being stored?

(This is not an argument about mods, please let's refrain from that. I'd just like to know file location if possible, thanks!)

This mod has additional tutorial files. Maybe these will help:

Thanks, I'll check it out.
[Edit] So I checked out the tut, and it proves to be very valuable. I didn't know this was recently uploaded when I posted. Thanks for clueing me in on this. Has info on how to edit basically everything I wanted!

Last edited:
With pleasure. Sounds good. It would be great if you shared your findings here.

With pleasure. Sounds good. It would be great if you shared your findings here.
I'll give more detail next week when I have time. But basically I was able to get the Basilisk to fly around the city and drive underwater so that was fun lol. I'll be modifying the ride height, tire size, and sounds of the Colby Pickup first, just for practise. Want it to sound like the Mackinaw, so I need to do more digging and find the sound files, then make a tweak in CVO for it. Later I plan to edit the Mackinaw mesh and collision structure to remove the running boards and slam it down to make it a street rod. Oddly enough the game uses a traffic database and player database. So a mackinaw I lifted to a ridiculous height looked completely normal when an npc drives it, but goes way up after I get in and stays that way unless it reverts to low quality render distance (not quite LOD, somewhere in the middle). Lotta stuff needs modified in this game compared to GTA.

Top Bottom