where to get older drivers

+
I have been looking at some of the suggestions here in tech support. I am on the latest nvidia drivers with a 1080ti
some of the problems I've seen I don't recall experiencing before playing this a few years ago. Some are graphical glitches and some are just oddities with the game world.
I don't have those older drivers anymore though.
I saw one of the Mods here suggest trying out older drivers for witcher 3, specifically 385, 390 or 395 and i'm not sure where to get those now, nvidia drivers only go back to 2019 on their site when I do a search. anyway to still get much older 1080ti drivers? I would like to know some people's experience here if they have a 1000 series card too and what driver has been stable for them the most with witcher 3 as well if possible. If I recall correctly I had 399.24 back in late 2018 when I played tw3 last and I can even remember a few weird graphical glitches with that.

For example, you can search for drivers here:

I tried that advanced search on nvidias website but it only goes back to 436.02 in august of 2019. There is no other way to get them(older drivers than that) officially from nvidia website then eh?
Are those drivers on that other site reliable? I've never used drivers other than from nvidias website.

On both websites it's the same drivers.

ok if i'm following you then use DDU to uninstall my current driver, then when I search again on the advanced search of nvidias website it will show me even older drivers? and I can download and install one of those?

Yeah, you will need to download the driver from one of the two pages I mentioned. The advanced Nvidia search shows you older drivers too, that's why I mentioned the link.

The advanced Nvidia search shows you older drivers too

yea but I mean nvidias advanced search will show me even older than 436.02 when I uninstall my driver(with DDU of course)? I didn't know that and that's a little odd why it wouldn't just show me all the older drivers for my card without having to uninstall my driver first.

yea but I mean nvidias advanced search will show me even older than 436.02 when I uninstall my driver(with DDU of course)? I didn't know that and that's a little odd why it wouldn't just show me all the older drivers for my card without having to uninstall my driver first.

If I enter Product Type: GeForce // Product Series: GeForce 10 // Product GeForce 1080ti shows me drivers around v390

Or simply use the Guru3D link for the drivers.

If I enter Product Type: GeForce // Product Series: GeForce 10 // Product GeForce 1080ti shows me drivers around v390

that's what I put in too, but also I put in my operating system which is windows 10 64 bit, Driver type: Standard -
Recommended/Beta: ALL

but yea i'll probably just try the drivers from guru. thx.

Sorry -- missed this whole conversation. Best bet to search for archived drivers is to research which version works well for a particular GPU model / game, then search for that exact version on Google. (The Nvidia archive search function is surprisingly limited, going back only a few months or so, but the older versions are still there.)

For the 900 - 1000 series, I'd give the 385.69 a try. (Those are Windows 7/8. Win 10 version here.) Super-solid.

For Guru3D, just be aware that they are often customized drivers. Usually pretty good for what they're catering to, but specialized, so stability may suffer if using them on games / GPUs that they were not specifically created for. To be sure you're getting unaltered, reference drivers, always download from the manufacturer sites directly.

For Guru3D, just be aware that they are often customized drivers. Usually pretty good for what they're catering to, but specialized, so stability may suffer if using them on games / GPUs that they were not specifically created for. To be sure you're getting unaltered, reference drivers, always download from the manufacturer sites directly.

Awesome. Thx for the info and the driver recommendation/link.

Top Bottom