Where's Saskia...Iorveth?

+
I hope this thread gets more attention cause I think it badly needs it. The decision whether or not to kill Saskia at the end of Witcher 2 was the one decision from that game I really wanted to see pan out. I was really excited when I got the mission to find Phillipa, thinking one of the dialogue options would be "where's Saskia?". And there would be a whole quest where you free Saskia (given you didn't do so in Witcher 2). But no, there is nary a mention of the Dragonslayer. It's like she never existed :(

Maybe with some luck Saesenthessis and Iorveth were left out due to time constraints and they will make an appearance in future expansions.

Right, that's one too many nonbelievers!
I've uploaded a short video here with the camp's conversation, make of it what you will. This took ages to get on tape. :sad:

I always belived you:) I just think it doesn't`mean he is actually dead. After all we know Isemgrim still lives. Thanks a bunch for uploading this, I have never heard it myself.

---------- Updated at 09:45 AM ----------

"The strange thing about Iorveth was that he was meant to be in the game. CDPR had worked on a model and written entries about him and Isengrim Faoiltiarna for the Prima guide. The first time Geralt was meant to see him was in a basement of a house in the non-human district of Novigrad. The leaked docs from May 2014 also mentioned him playing his flute, like during the into scene at Flotsam in TW2.
Why he was cut remains unknown. They also cut a few quests from the main plot, which might be the reason the third act feels so rushed."

- Taken from a random reddit comment; make of that what you will but it does seem like this random dialogue correlates with the original story design due to the mentions of Novigrad and Isengrim. If so then it was possibly an oversight that lead to this dialogue still being in the final game. :(

That just makes me sad. I so would have loved to meet him. Sigh:(

Maybe with some luck Saesenthessis and Iorveth were left out due to time constraints and they will make an appearance in future expansions.

And I would really hate this. 2 very important characters in a pointless expansion without any bound with the main quest? No thanks.

I hope this thread gets more attention cause I think it badly needs it. The decision whether or not to kill Saskia at the end of Witcher 2 was the one decision from that game I really wanted to see pan out. I was really excited when I got the mission to find Phillipa, thinking one of the dialogue options would be "where's Saskia?". And there would be a whole quest where you free Saskia (given you didn't do so in Witcher 2). But no, there is nary a mention of the Dragonslayer. It's like she never existed :(

I think it's right that they don't appear in Witcher 3. TW3 isn't located in the Pontar Valley. Saskia has no reason to be in Velen, Novigrad or Skellige. Neither has Iorveth, although his presence could of course be explained somehow.

But you're right, there could have been a little conversation about their fate. Just for the ambience.

What? In Roche's path there's no good reason to let the dragon survive.
Of course there is a good reason: humanity.

Honestly I feel like they've left plenty of room to put in an elaborate quest involving all the Vergen characters eventually. If they had used them in the main story line perhaps they wouldn't have had enough freedom to do everything they wanted to finish their storyline.

I'm guessing it was a matter of cutting non-essential content. Roche was just a better fit with the political slant so he made the cut.

I suspect we'll see Iorveth as part of the first expansion in Velen. Through him we'll find out what happened to Saskia, unless she happens to be with him.

actually iorveth is easy to explain in context with isengrim. (both were supposed to be appear in novigrad). look at the book. sigi and isengrim were together in there last scene. since sigi returned with his plan to overthrow radovid i am sure he would ask isengrim for help. the wolf though cant do it alone, problem is his former friends of the vriheed are dead, with the exeption of iorveth. my guess is the plot with the assasination of radovid was supposed to evolve either with roche or iorveth, depending the path you took in w2

Isengrim and Iorveth together, that would have been something. Why did they cut this:(

Of course there is a good reason: humanity.
It attacked the summit and killed lots of people, plus was after Geralt. Sure, you could let it live, but why would you? You've no guarantee that it won't just turn around and try again. Again, in Roche's path, you never learn anything about the dragon so it's just another monster killing people and trying to kill you.

It attacked the summit and killed lots of people, plus was after Geralt. Sure, you could let it live, but why would you? You've no guarantee that it won't just turn around and try again. Again, in Roche's path, you never learn anything about the dragon so it's just another monster killing people and trying to kill you.

Geralt usually doesn't kill intelligent monsters and especially no dragons. So it's hardly "just another monster".

Being intelligent doesn't give it a free pass to murder people; if anything it should be held more accountable than mindless monsters.

True. But then again it's not Geralt's job to fight against intelligent bad people. And whether it's murder is debatable as well. There is a war going on. The dragon only kills armed forces, no innocent civilians here.

I have seen screens on this forum showing a conversation option with Phillipa about Saskia (can't find them though)
I'm now close to the end of my 2nd playthrought and I still don't have any dialogue option about Saskia with Phillipa
I used a Iorveth- Triss save on my 1st playthrought and a Iorveth- Phillipa/Saskia save on my second playthrought- but no dialogue option about Saskia on either.
Does anybody know under what terms the dialogue option appears?

I have seen screens on this forum showing a conversation option with Phillipa about Saskia (can't find them though)
I'm now close to the end of my 2nd playthrought and I still don't have any dialogue option about Saskia with Phillipa
I used a Iorveth- Triss save on my 1st playthrought and a Iorveth- Phillipa/Saskia save on my second playthrought- but no dialogue option about Saskia on either.
Does anybody know under what terms the dialogue option appears?

I remember it didn't show up for me until we were all on the boat and Phillipa was talking to Margarita. Then just talk to Phillipa and it should be in the list.

Like some users on this thread pointed out, having Iorveth in the main story would not make sense, do you imagine him fighting his own cousins and his supposed saviours (the Aen Elle) even if you helped him in W2? I doubt it.

That said, I would want to know the fate of Saskia at least.

Nilfgaard pretty much destroyed them, but I doubt she is dead.

@Scryar second playthrough? Your posts gave me the impression you were a bit too disappointed to play again straight away.

Oh no, I love the game:) I'm just a little disappointed about some missed opportunities, but not enough to distract me from my enjoyment with the game.
Maybe I critize the game a bit too much lately, but I do this because I believe they can and hope they will address the main story issues in the third act of the game with an enhanced edition or in a dlc.. Aside from the horrible portayal and lack of characterization and depth regarding the Wild Hunt and Eredin I don't really have any major complaints about the game.(only some smaller ones)

Last edited:
Top Bottom