Where's the game we saw in the trailers?

+
Where's the game you saw in the trailers? On high end P.C's where it always was.

No I don't own a high spec P.C. I'm playing it on console and while its buggy as hell and crashes frequently I'm still enjoying it.

The writing for the main story and the major side quests is great, the core combat mechanics work and once they fix the bugs I think this will be an awesome game.

I never expected the game to look like the highly polished trailers that were released.

Wrong, on hight we have some graphic and performance insues, loading very well in my i5, GTX 970. Intel and GTX series, no insues... or, few... at last. The new hardwares have insues... but nvidia can answer this... 'why you are launching - all days, all hours, OR each minute - """"""""new"""""""" cards with a terrible driver setup?' :)

My MOD 'devil' is on...

Last edited:
Wrong, on hight we have some graphic and performance insues, loading very well in my i5, GTX 970. Intel and GTX series, no insues... or, few... at last. The new hardwares have insues... but nvidia can answer this... 'why you are launching - all days, all hours, OR each minute - """"""""new"""""""" cards with a terrible driver setup?' :)

My MOD 'devil' is on...

Ive seen plenty of footage from streamers playing on high end P.C's and the game looks gorgeous. I cant speak for your specific setup as im not a P.C Gamer and I hope it improves for you.

Bugs are temporary, in 2 months there wouldn't be any probably. The real problem with Cyberpunk, of which very few speak, it's the lack of content and creativity of developers.

• The lifepaths are a joke.
  • The classes are insignificant.
  • The romances are not that long or important.
  • Some animations are clunky and don't vary at all.
  • The RPG elements are very shallow.
  • Melee combat feels extremely weird.
  • Can't buy different houses or apartments?
  • Are there trains, planes or boats?
  • No special vehicles?
  • Is the AI from 1980?
  • Seriously, who came up with the idea on CDProjekt that a first person sandbox is fun? This game confirms that the only way to play sandboxs is on 3rd person camera.

But hey, not everything is bad in Cyberpunk. I really feel sorry for artistic team of the city, they did magic with it. Ultimately, weapons animations and visuals in general are great and made of an impressive quality.

Conclusion: I feel like the devs never sat down to test the game and see what elements were missing to make a game worthy of CDProjekt. Very sad because I respect (and still do) this studio a lotttt. I love The Witcher saga so... that's probably why I expected much more.

Ive seen plenty of footage from streamers playing on high end P.C's and the game looks gorgeous. I cant speak for your specific setup as im not a P.C Gamer and I hope it improves for you.
This thread isnt about the visuals man, im playing on an $8k rig and yes its impressive (still unoptimized) but the core gameplay and lack of RPG mechanics itself are whats disappointing.

Where's the game you saw in the trailers? On high end P.C's where it always was.

No I don't own a high spec P.C. I'm playing it on console and while its buggy as hell and crashes frequently I'm still enjoying it.

The writing for the main story and the major side quests is great, the core combat mechanics work and once they fix the bugs I think this will be an awesome game.

I never expected the game to look like the highly polished trailers that were released.

I run this game on High-Ultra settings and it's not the same game we saw in the trailers. It plays like a boring Deus Ex clone with an empty open world. It may as well be linear.

To answer the question - "Where's the game in the trailers?"

Well the game in the very first trailer that was 40 minutes long was running on two (yes two) GTX 1080 Tis the best I recall, which is a lot of performance.

We weren't given a trailer running on last generation consoles. Probably for a reason.

Oh wait I'm wrong...

Wasn't there a official trailer for PS4 Pro and PS5 that was released on Nov 24 2020? Is it just me or does the trailer look nothing like the performance people are getting? Am I the only one who doesn't see a match?

I just watched this video and find it totally not delivering on it's title (pun intended)
Here is what he said was promised and not delivered:
high performance on consoles
wanted system/more interactive/dynamic police
city that feels alive with 1000 npc routines

THAT'S all he said, the rest were criticisms and complaints - no matter if they were founded or not - they were not company said this and then company instead gave us this.

And city alive is opinion - I almost never feel alone and even turned down crowds to improve performance. If there were more cars I'd get in 100 accidents and police would be spawning all the time (fix could be to fix how the police work) but I also don't want to be stuck getting around 500 cars all the time. I find I enjoy the badlands more with the open space and less people LOL

SO - I'm still looking for a more extensive list of what they promised and what they delivered.
Even if it were only those things, that is HUGE! lol Google up things that were left out and different than what they promised and said would be in the game. It's a loooooooong list....
"the world of Cyberpunk is barren and empty. There's tons of "go here and shoot guys" things to do... and that's pretty much it. The loot system is trash. The world is vapid, full of fake vendors you can't interact with, useless shops, and a complete lack of life. Where are the joy toys that should be on pretty much every street corner? Where are the huge numbers of vendors you should be able to interact with? Where's an interesting loot system or workable food/drink system where consumables aren't useless and found in the millions lying in the street? Where is the AI for pedestrians and especially traffic? Where's the Brain Dances? Where's the random car chases? Where's the gang relations? Where's the choice and consequence? Where's the life?

Cyberpunk is basically what you'd expect from an alpha build of an open world engine. They have the core backdrop... but none of the AI and content that is supposed to fill it up."

I don't think they will.

I hope Badowski and Iwinski and with every other leader will get their asses kicked for mismanaging this project. This is unacceptable.
where is the game that is so finely tuned and crafted that putting Ciri in even as an easter egg would undermine it?

Bugs are temporary, in 2 months there wouldn't be any probably. The real problem with Cyberpunk, of which very few speak, it's the lack of content and creativity of developers.

• The lifepaths are a joke.
  • The classes are insignificant.
  • The romances are not that long or important.
  • Some animations are clunky and don't vary at all.
  • The RPG elements are very shallow.
  • Melee combat feels extremely weird.
  • Can't buy different houses or apartments?
  • Are there trains, planes or boats?
  • No special vehicles?
  • Is the AI from 1980?
  • Seriously, who came up with the idea on CDProjekt that a first person sandbox is fun? This game confirms that the only way to play sandboxs is on 3rd person camera.

But hey, not everything is bad in Cyberpunk. I really feel sorry for artistic team of the city, they did magic with it. Ultimately, weapons animations and visuals in general are great and made of an impressive quality.

Conclusion: I feel like the devs never sat down to test the game and see what elements were missing to make a game worthy of CDProjekt. Very sad because I respect (and still do) this studio a lotttt. I love The Witcher saga so... that's probably why I expected much more.

They nerf a lot to launch in this year. Simple! Get easy, ll change at Febuary...
Post automatically merged:

I run this game on High-Ultra settings and it's not the same game we saw in the trailers. It plays like a boring Deus Ex clone with an empty open world. It may as well be linear.

I really try to imagine why companies are so concerned with graphical aspects that deal directly with lights / shadows (that consume GPU and CPU processing) LODs ... particles, if there is already a reshade ... and alphas plans (old, but gold) and even with regard to 'size of textures' ... easy to mask ... all this could be eased in post production or as post effects ... but the industry is still stubborn (and completely stupid for following the nonsense that nvidia says or AMD / intel to sell hardware, crap ... ... ... ... ...) ...

Half a dozen alphas, half a dozen effects (even planes with alphas to simulate smoke ...) of light texture with glow, a basic reshade - ... ready, you will have a perfect HDR simulation, 'raytracing' (WHO CARE ?!?!?, people dont know the diference between a Elephant and a Frog - technically speaking and no offense) ...

Really :) they spend fortunes on unnecessary, silly things ... not to work.

Last edited:
Even if it were only those things, that is HUGE! lol Google up things that were left out and different than what they promised and said would be in the game. It's a loooooooong list....
"the world of Cyberpunk is barren and empty. There's tons of "go here and shoot guys" things to do... and that's pretty much it. The loot system is trash. The world is vapid, full of fake vendors you can't interact with, useless shops, and a complete lack of life. Where are the joy toys that should be on pretty much every street corner? Where are the huge numbers of vendors you should be able to interact with? Where's an interesting loot system or workable food/drink system where consumables aren't useless and found in the millions lying in the street? Where is the AI for pedestrians and especially traffic? Where's the Brain Dances? Where's the random car chases? Where's the gang relations? Where's the choice and consequence? Where's the life?

Cyberpunk is basically what you'd expect from an alpha build of an open world engine. They have the core backdrop... but none of the AI and content that is supposed to fill it up."

Perfect summary.

Hi guys, new here!

Played streetkid for a solid amount on very hard for base PS4.
Fell in love with this game, the story and gameplay is awesome imo.
But the technical performance at times :rolleyes:

After doing some research it seems Google Stadia is the way to go for anyone on a budget?
That's crazy.
I never imagined streaming games would be a true success and can compete with "next gen" consoles.
Curious to see if Google gains some of the market. It might just be a matter of time imo.

Nailed it mate.

I did google and so far I didn't come up with a huge list - I'm working on it (wanted system, cop bribes, more choices/customization)
some of the things that are in there are just done poorly - doesn't mean they don't exist
Then what I read is same thing you have done, start with the statement of tons of things they promised followed by things you don't like. Those are two different things. Did they say "the loot system will be so interesting" or "you will be able to make a burger and eat it" There are brain dances in the quests, sure only 2 I did so far but hey they are there. Did they say random car chases or is that your experiences from GTA?
Why do you want a huge number of vendors? You want to Spend all day shopping? I've seen there are more than I've visited already.
I've read people say they want to sit... I mean sit? It's like people wanted The Sims: Cyberpunk Edition

I do agree, and can understand how you and may like yourself are let down and disappointed. I see many systems lacking and some like you mentioned aren't really there. I'm very much enjoying the story and the whole game - but yea my choices are almost inconsequential and I feel like I'm going along for the ride and not guiding it. I do fee like they promised that.

Final thought - I'm coming from playing like 1k hours of Fallout 76, and this game is much much better than that. Also, 2 years after that game they have added what should have been there in the first place. CDPR is better than Bethesda and I'm hopeful and very confident more will be added. I hope you can enjoy some of the good things and that it gets better. Cheers.

I did google and so far I didn't come up with a huge list - I'm working on it (wanted system, cop bribes, more choices/customization)
some of the things that are in there are just done poorly - doesn't mean they don't exist
Then what I read is same thing you have done, start with the statement of tons of things they promised followed by things you don't like. Those are two different things. Did they say "the loot system will be so interesting" or "you will be able to make a burger and eat it" There are brain dances in the quests, sure only 2 I did so far but hey they are there. Did they say random car chases or is that your experiences from GTA?
Why do you want a huge number of vendors? Spend all day shopping, there are more than I've visited already?
I've read people say they want to sit... I mean sit? It's like people wanted The Sims: Cyberpunk Edition

I do agree, and can understand how you and may like yourself are let down and disappointed. I see many systems lacking and some like you mentioned aren't really there. I'm very much enjoying the story and the whole game - but yea my choices are almost inconsequential and I feel like I'm going along for the ride and not guiding it. I do fee like they promised that.

Final thought - I'm coming from playing like 1k hours of Fallout 76, and this game is much much better than that. Also, 2 years after that game they have added what should have been there in the first. CDPR is better than Bethesda and I'm hopeful and very confident more will be added. I hope you can enjoy some of the good things and that it gets better. Cheers.

So lemme start by saying you're not digging far enough and comparing this game to Fallout 76 proves their point more than it proves your own.

People wanted immersion, so basic things like sitting on benches and the feeling like they actually exist in Night City was big in peoples minds. CDPR promised as much, pretty sure it's still being advertised as "a living, breathing city".

It's not that. Fallout New Vegas had more life than Cyberpunk and that came out nearly a decade ago. It's 2020 and Red Dead Redemption 2 is a thing. The standards are much higher now and people like you seem to forget that.

So lemme start by saying you're not digging far enough and comparing this game to Fallout 76 proves their point more than it proves your own.

People wanted immersion, so basic things like sitting on benches and the feeling like they actually exist in Night City was big in peoples minds. CDPR promised as much, pretty sure it's still being advertised as "a living, breathing city".

It's not that. Fallout New Vegas had more life than Cyberpunk and that came out nearly a decade ago. It's 2020 and Red Dead Redemption 2 is a thing. The standards are much higher now and people like you seem to forget that.
The unfortunate reality is that video games are marketed and sold to an incredibly wide audience.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

The sad truth is that the average gamer just isn't all that discerning. They probably don't pick up on the details that seem so painfully obvious to you and I, and that is why this game has close to 80% positive reviews on steam. Game companies realize this, that's exactly why they can afford to release such horrible games followed by a boilerplate, half-assed "apology" (drafted well before the game's release and strategically withheld for a few days to give the appearance of consideration, no doubt).

It's an insult to those of us who know better. Those of us who know the kind of game that CDPR promised and even advertised. Let alone those of us who are familiar with other recent AAA releases (recent being 10 fucking years ago) who have some kind of frame of reference to compare the horribly shoddy AI and other game systems to. It's just a joke, and the joke's on us. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I bought a Valve Index back when they released and got some Steam credits which I used to pre-order CP2077. I just tried to refund it today and Steam said they'd put $24.99 back in my Steam wallet. I assume that for whatever reason I don't get the equivalent value back for the credits I used, and that really fucking sucks. Even if I refund it, CDPR still caused me to lose money.

Last edited:
Seriously, who came up with the idea on CDProjekt that a first person sandbox is fun? This game confirms that the only way to play sandboxs is on 3rd person camera.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I think a first person sandbox -can- be done; It's just not been done -yet- because most experienced sandbox devs tend to give players... OPTIONS! And it just so happens that having first / third person camera is one of the most basic options in those kinds of games. Like I am pretty sure no mans sky had you locked to first person until they added third person in a patch.

Also... This game isn't a sandbox. Not yet, at the very least. I hope it will become that, though.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I think a first person sandbox -can- be done; It's just not been done -yet- because most experienced sandbox devs tend to give players... OPTIONS! And it just so happens that having first / third person camera is one of the most basic options in those kinds of games. Like I am pretty sure no mans sky had you locked to first person until they added third person in a patch.

Also... This game isn't a sandbox. Not yet, at the very least. I hope it will become that, though.
There.. haven't been any first-person sandbox games yet? What about GTA?

There.. haven't been any first-person sandbox games yet? What about GTA?

GTA and GTA-like games (saints row, mafia, saboteur, RDR) always give you third person as default. I think GTA5 is the first one that even had true first person.

Top Bottom